Profile for G. Boggia > Reviews

Content by G. Boggia

G. Boggia (Kent, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
This Precious Isle: One Man's Journey Around Britain
This Precious Isle: One Man's Journey Around Britain
by Kim C. Sturgess

3.0 out of 5 stars It's certainly interesting, but is no literary masterpiece, 11 April 2014
Coming from the pen of a literature scholar as this book does, one could be forgiven for expecting more descriptive episodes of the long hours at the helm and gritty passages of life on board. I'm a motorboater myself and some of the sailing jargon went over my head, but not to the detriment of the book I must add.
I'm glad I bought and read this one. It's added fuel to the fire in my belly to undertake a circimnavigation myself.

5 Pairs Mens Socks Stripe from Mysocks Size 6 to 11
5 Pairs Mens Socks Stripe from Mysocks Size 6 to 11
Offered by Mysockscouk

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality a bit suspect, 11 April 2014
These are lovely socks, delivered in a rather posh box, and I felt special when they arrived (yes I know it's sad!). Trouble is, they're developing holes at an alarming rate. I'll be after some more stripey socks soon but these chaps won't be on my shopping list I'm afraid.

WD My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage 2 TB Network Attached Storage
WD My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage 2 TB Network Attached Storage
Offered by Esale Express

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 13 Sep 2013
I've just spent about three hours trying to get this thing working so my wife and I can use it as a common hard drive cum backup over our home network, primarily so we can work and save documents in a common storage position. I managed to set it up working from my pc, it's a handful of extra clicks when saving docs but I'd probs get used to that in time.

So I got it sorted on my pc, but the big issue is that I went to her pc and instantly accessed everything on the mybook - without any access controls or passwords - therefore everyone else in the house can access it. I dare say there is a way of controlling which pc's get access to it but I couldn't find it.

It's now unplugged and will gather dust until I can stomach the thought of taking it into the garden and burning it.

I'm now trying to look for an external hard drive with two usb ports so we can have one for each pc - so I can keep all my data off the house network.

If only Amazon reviews would let you award zero stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2013 1:39 PM BST

UK and Ireland Circumnavigator's Guide
UK and Ireland Circumnavigator's Guide
by Samantha Steele

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read for aspiring circumnavigators., 8 Mar 2013
An uncomplicated read packed with practical tips. Lots of good photos in the book but let down by poor print quality.

Ecozone Biobulb, Energy-Saving Daylight Bulb, Bayonet Cap B22, 25W Equivalent to 100w, 1750 Lumens, Full Spectrum, Daylight White 6500k, Uses 75% Less Energy. Ideal for suffers of S.A.D

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality white light, 7 Mar 2013
It's not often you pass comment on the light quality in friends houses. This chap has been a talking point with two or three or our visitors!

Odd Job 600 Hop-Up Work Platform with 600mm Square Platform
Odd Job 600 Hop-Up Work Platform with 600mm Square Platform
Offered by Wardworth Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 7 Mar 2013
Nothing too much to say about these chaps - I bought two of them - wish I'd got them a few years ago.

Instant Accounts 2012 (PC)
Instant Accounts 2012 (PC)
Offered by darrin1471

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably the ideal solution for up-and-running book-keepers and accountants, but . . ., 7 Mar 2013
After reading all the reviews here and having managed our first year with paper records alone, I thought it was time to join the 21st century. If you know the difference between Batch Customer Invoices and Nominal Codes, and you can sort out Double Entry and Balance Sheet Reports in your sleep then this package will most likely appeal to you. If, like me you don't know the difference between a Trial Balance and a Purchase Ledger, I'd recommend you spent your seventy odd quid on some elementary business book-keeping instruction. Either that or spend it on your accountant's bills.

I understand this Sage programme is the basic entry-level package for simpletons and simple businesses - I'm clearly a lot dumber that I thought I was!

Masterplug DDLH Dusk Till Dawn LA Holder Adaptor
Masterplug DDLH Dusk Till Dawn LA Holder Adaptor

3.0 out of 5 stars Should be simple but . . ., 24 Oct 2012
There's a couple of buttons on the side of this gadget to programme it (amount of time on, random on/off etc). So far, our one, fitted in the front porch, has taken on a life of it's own. My problem is that I don't know if one of the kids has been flicking the wall switch on and off causing it to reset itself, or if it's a faulty unit! Trouble is, I need a ladder to reach it to re-do the buttons.

YAGGU SET: 5 Meter RGB Color Changing SMD 5050 Flexible LED Strip Kit, 44 key Remote Control + 12 Volt Power Supply, twice brighter than 3528 ever before
Offered by Tonbux-Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but . . ., 24 Oct 2012
We bought two sets of these strip led's to put round the base of our kitchen units - ok so it's a bit Essex, but we do have a modern kitchen! Anyway, they've got good functionality in that the remote controller will let you have a multiplicity of colours, flashes and sequences, but on both sets the plug broke (the bit which goes into the wall socket), and the self adhesive backing strip is failing in places, causing the lights to sag down. Luckily the plug wasn't an issue as we've hard wired them.

Radiate!
Radiate!

4.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing new take., 12 Sep 2012
This review is from: Radiate! (Audio CD)
I came across these Berliners on Gideon Coe's 6Music show and there's some useful YouTube clips of them - search Camera Berlin underground. Their pulsating instrumental sound has mesmeric qualities whilst their lighter tunes will sound well whilst sat in the dark and with a glass or two inside you. I'm struggling to liken them to anyone, Mogwai are distant cousins, possibly as are One Dove, Death in Vegas and Primal Scream. That said, I'm not a big electronica listener and suspect there will be closer comparisons in that class.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3