Profile for CLH > Reviews

Night at the Opera
Night at the Opera
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars perfection, 15 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Night at the Opera (Audio CD)
After getting into Blind guardian from hearing sacred worlds in Sacred 2 fallen angel, I didn't know where to start. This album is perfection Hansi's voice is amazing and this is a truly eclectic band.

by Eoin Colfer

5.0 out of 5 stars The Eternity and Ethical code, 15 May 2003
Brilliant, fast paced and outrageously funny! Colfer is back on form with the best Artemis fowl instalment to date.
As a 23 year old fowl reader ( I am sure most would be too embarrassed to admit to this ) I must confess I almost peed my pants! This book is electric! I voraciously, systematically and obsessively flew through the pages in one sitting. I believe it to be one of the best works of fiction, for children…
EVER
It is a shame Colfer is so often hidden in the shadows of the “Harry Potter” phenomenon. Artemis is truly a new way of approaching children’s literature. Goblins and Elves being a common ground for both authors in no way suggests that they are any more alike than Chalk and cheese. Both are story telling Gods but nothing beats that Irish wit. This is praise indeed as I am often found with my nose in the Potter pages.
Artemis is a criminal with the IQ similar to that last seen in Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. He is a couple of years older and that ruthlessness has been put aside by lady conscience. However: fairy magic, Butler family woes and some dubious negotiating could change all this forever…
Enter the ‘C Cube’. A revolutionary piece of fairy/human hybrid technology and the stakes are higher for the pale faced mudboy than they have ever been before. Juliet reminds me of a high kicking Bruce Lee with great hair and accessories to boot. This is not a book to miss.
But did the fairies make a mistake? I believe psych evaluation compiled by J. Argon for the L.E.P. will identify some sort of conclusion in time. Colfer get writing we all want to know!!!!!

by Eoin Colfer