Profile for Morag > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Villa
The Villa

4.0 out of 5 stars Sicily in a nutshell, 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Villa (Kindle Edition)
Loved this as an escape, made me want to go to Sicily

Inside Llewyn Davis: Original Soundtrack Recording [+digital booklet]
Inside Llewyn Davis: Original Soundtrack Recording [+digital booklet]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great memories of the film, 27 Feb 2014
Saw this film when it was first released, loved it, and the music evokes the period exactly, waiting for the DVD

The Blind Man's Garden
The Blind Man's Garden

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully engaging, 27 Feb 2014
I like to learn a little something even when reading a work of fiction. I learned something about Islam and the Koran and how it is interpreted, like all other religious tracts it is open to contradictions of translation, depending on the interpreter.
I loved this book, to the extent that I was sneaking into my locker to read a page when I could, whilst at work.
I can still recount the characters a week or so after finishing it and this is for is a sign that it was a good read.

The Laws of Gravity
The Laws of Gravity

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the characters, 4 Jun 2013
I rate a book by whether I am interested in what happens to the characters and I really wanted to find out about Ari and Nicole as well as their loved ones. A super read.

iTechCover Clear Anti-Scratch Screen Protector Shield for Amazon Kindle Fire
iTechCover Clear Anti-Scratch Screen Protector Shield for Amazon Kindle Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 16 Jan 2013
Perfect and a good price would use this company again and would also recommend to family and friends if they needed this product

Kindle Paperwhite 3G, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Free 3G + Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]

3.0 out of 5 stars Falls short of perfect, 9 Dec 2012
I bought this for a friend's special birthday, I got her the 3G version because she does not have a computer and no access to one. Imagine my disbelief when she tells me that the 3pin DC charger is not in the box and has to be purchased separately at a cost of £17:99!!

I'm sorry Amazon but you have fallen short of the service I expect as a frequent purchaser from the site
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2012 7:07 PM GMT

Broken Harbour
Broken Harbour
by Tana French

1.0 out of 5 stars Too turgid for me, 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: Broken Harbour (Hardcover)
I started this book with high hopes, by the time I was halfway through, I went to the end to see what happened. It laboured every point and not always cleverly. I could never write a book so I have great admiration for anyone who can, but I am a voracious reader and this story began to feel like running through mud. The one character I did warm to was Richie Curran so well done for one character who I was eager to see progress, some of the others were just cliches.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (DVD + Digital Copy)
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Judi Dench
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch, 6 July 2012
Very disappointing if you think this film follows the lives of the characters in the book, it doesn't, it only uses the same names as the characters in the book.
I would say this is a not bad film if I had not read the book and my expectations were that it would follow some of it.
As others have said a fantastic cast that I would watch in anything. Only three half decent jokes in the whole thing. Most underwhelmed.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pen I've ever owned, 21 Aug 2011
My husband bought me a beautiful Sigma ladies pen for Christmas 2010 and I use it every day for work. It is beautifully balanced and it is such a pleasure to use and much admired. May ask Santa for another!

The Long Glasgow Kiss: A Lennox Thriller
The Long Glasgow Kiss: A Lennox Thriller
by Craig Russell

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to scratch, 17 Jun 2011
I started this book expecting something great given the previous reviews. What a let down. It's like a very pale Raymond Chandler parody or am I missing the point and this is what it is meant to be.
The characters are cardboard cut outs.
Not my cup of tea at all.

Page: 1 | 2