Profile for Olive Oil > Reviews

Content by Olive Oil

Olive Oil "sweetpea" (Yorkshire England)

The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl
The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl
by Belle de Jour

3.0 out of 5 stars In parts just down right irritating!!!!, 29 May 2007
I loved the first book so much, I even left a review on here giving it top marks!

So I was very eager to read "The further adventures..."

Well what can I say but it was a bit disappointing and in parts down right irritating!

As with the first book there was the obvious wit and intelligence of the author, which on several accasions made me laugh out loud and I also found the holiday to cousin J's interesting. But as for the "relationship" with the boy well that really just spoiled the book! Are we meant to belive that this attractive woman who seems full of confidence, wit and intelligence would really put up with a stupid, unfaithfull, obtuse idiot because he's good in bed (her words not mine)?

Well i'm sorry i don't buy it and that is essentially what is wrong with this book!

So yes it is as well written as the first book, also the sharp observations and the intelligent wit are still there, not to mention through out the book some sexual agony aunt dilemas... very funny!

But and trust me it's a huge BUT, her relationship with the boy will really p#@* you off!!