Profile for D. Horder > Reviews

Content by D. Horder

D. Horder (london)

Page: 1 | 2
Caldura 30 litre Compact Mini Fridge (Black)
Caldura 30 litre Compact Mini Fridge (Black)
Offered by Savers UK Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars good little fridge - dont be put off by the noise during the 1st 24 hours!, 30 May 2014
I have had the fridge for 2 weeks now and thankfully the noise has settled down after the first day - the thermostat is ultra sensitive whereby as soon as the door is opened it kicks in the fan again but nothing as noisy as the 1s 24 hours - on reflection now I would recommend this and it still purrs away but barely noticable. A good product and ideal as a drinks only fridge

================================================================================================================

This is a great fridge design wise but is going straight back to amazon. If you look at the other reviews ( as I should have) particularly for the white fridge 30 litre equivalent reviews, the noise levels are referenced again and again. It is far too noisy for a kitchen and unless you can hide it away somewhere I would recommened you steer well clear of this product.

I have a kitchen diner and I am sitting a good 20 foot away from it and I can still hear it whiring away. The only way the noise drops is when you turn the thermostat up to high which defeats the object as you want the contents as cold as possible!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2014 9:39 PM BST

Perskindol Active Gel Dual Action Relief from Arthritic or Muscle Aches and Pains 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for tendinitus or arthritic problems, 28 April 2014
This gel / cream is well worth a look - particularly as it uses a lot of natural elements. I have suffered from tennis elbow and now have an arthritic knee after varous cartilage ops a decade ago. I have tried Naproxen, Ibuprofen and the more aggresive diclofenac prescription drugs and they dont seem to do much apart from mess with my stomach!

I have deep massaged this cream directly onto the point of pain 3 times daily and I can honestly say it helps me and the tennis elbow has gone and the knee is showing improvement after 6 weeks of a dull aching

Would recommend a try to anyone suffering with joint of muscular aches

Sony Bravia KDL40W5810U 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freesat (Installation Recommend)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Tv - Abysmal sound fault - now fixed by Sony, 27 April 2010
Ok - after 2 months and getting a Sony engineer out - they fixed the fault. It is quite common place with this tv apparently - speaker vibration. I can now say that this is a superb tv in every other area - Freesat HD is quite amazing - the level of clarity is unbelievable and also the motion blur software is also pretty good too. Watching the footy games in the world cup is a pleasure and the camera follows the action totally smoothly without any jagged images.

I can recommend this TV but beware - you may just get the same sound fault that I found with 3 of these sets but thankfully Sony got an engineer out next day and fixed it.

==================================

Sadly after ordering two of these the fault with the sound is still there. The speakers resinate or vibrate at a certain pitch. This becomes extremely annoying and even my wife has told me to send it back so the problem must be bad!

The picture quality is superb but the speakers sound great at first but then after they have warmed up and are at a certainly sound frequency (usually a womens voice) start to produce a really annoying vibrations sound or distortion. I have ordered two of these and they both have the same fault.

Dont know if these TVs are end of the line but I would strongly avoid this TV.

Off to John lewis now to get a decent TV - sorry Amazon but I cant waste anymore time waiting in for City Link collections / Delivery
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2010 8:55 AM BST

Gears of War (PC DVD)
Gears of War (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game - what's all the fuss about?, 31 May 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gears of War (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Ok - After reading the reviews on Amazon re bugs I had my doubts however the game reviews are superb so I thought I'd take a gamble.

To help compare P/C specs I have detailed my System details.Dell Inspiron with an Athlon 64X2 Dual core 5600+, Nvidia 6800GT, 2GB RAM, Windows Vista.

After a 40 min wait the game finally installed - went to run it and immediately got an error message which is related to the Digital rights management (DRM) certificate that expired on 28th January this year! - Not a good start. Went onto the EPIC Site and they have released a patch that cures this and any other bugs. The game then loaded and plays fine and I can run it at 1200*768 resolution without issues.

So far it has played ok for a week or so with none of the other issues mentioned by reviewers. There isnt a desktop icon to click on but as soon as you put in the DVD the game starts so not sure why that should be a problem.

I wont mention the game itself in detail but it is a superb conversion and improves on the 360 original both graphically and with extra levels plus in depth reviews are all over the web.

All I can say is it is worth trying out but make sure you have a decent graphics card for obvious reasons.

sennheiser cx 400
sennheiser cx 400

3.0 out of 5 stars Average and not in the same league as CX300, 6 Jan. 2009
This review is from: sennheiser cx 400 (Electronics)
After using these a bit more I thought I would update my orginal review. I have to say that they are massively dissapointing if you have used CX300s before. The sound is really hollow with heavy bass and high trebles but a compete lack of mid range. I will be ordering CX300s today and these will end up on ebay or the bin! - they really dont sound any better than factory supplied phones and the cable length is absoloute joke. It has been suggested that the short length is for mobile use but unless you have your mobile by your chin I doubt it would reach to a shirt pocket and the extension cable is ridiculously long.

A massive disapointment
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2009 6:03 PM GMT

Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black
Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black
Offered by savvybuys2

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and utter rubbish, 2 Jan. 2009
I used this product for all of 1/2 an hour when part of the headphone jack that goes into my Mp3 player snapped off rendering it useless. My advice is steer clear and look for something decent by creative labs. Buy cheap buy twice and avoid this pile of junk at all costs.

Philex 73005R Portable DVD Gadget Bag (up to 8")
Philex 73005R Portable DVD Gadget Bag (up to 8")

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty - avoid, 15 Aug. 2007
This item looks like something out of an 'anything for a pound' store. The stictching on the seam was coming away and the bag offers no padding whatsoever for your precious dvd player. The retail price is clearly going on the accessories not the bag. I have sent mine back for a refund and will get a bag that protects the dvd player and buy some headphones separately.

Samsung SM205BW 20 inch WSXGA+ TFT LCD Monitor 700:1 300cd/m2 1680 x 1050 6ms DVI (Silver/Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Quality Budget Monitor, 7 Jun. 2007
This is exceptionally good for the money. The Specs of 700:1 with a refresh rate of 6ms should satisfy most gamers and general every day users. This replaced my 19inch samsung 930BF and that was a very high end 4:3 monitor and this is just as clear with no ghosting at all. Recommended - you wont be disappointed plus it has a height adjustable stand.

Nisis Easycard USB2 PCI Card 5 Port (1 internal)
Nisis Easycard USB2 PCI Card 5 Port (1 internal)

4.0 out of 5 stars USB PCI card, 6 Mar. 2007
I agree with the other review here.

Upon 1st installation XP didnt detect the card properly and existing components plugged into the usb ports didnt work despite loading the supplied driver disk. That said I un-installed all usb hardware in device manager and rebooted the P/C and when it restarted XP re-allocated everthing including the card. All works ok now and represents superb value for money.

I would however warn that if I wasn't P/C literate then I would have probably returned the card assuming it was faulty.

High Quality Stereo Ear-Canal Headphones - Silver
High Quality Stereo Ear-Canal Headphones - Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Good - but only for the Train, 21 Jun. 2006
It is the first time I have used in ear earphones. The bass
response is excellent and the mid range and treble is what you would expect from Sennheiser.

Why 3 stars? From an Audio Perspective these are excellent and on the tube train it really serves a benefit not having to push the volume high to drown out external noise. The downside is that when you are walking about you can hear your footsteps and breathing which can be a bit off putting - (Put your fingers in your ears to see what I mean!)

In short if you need these for commuting on the train it is 5 out of 5 and another excellent product. Otherwise they can be a bit off putting and difficult to live with until you get used to in ear phones

Page: 1 | 2