Profile for Rich > Reviews

Content by Rich

Rich

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Jazooli Gym Weight Lifting Padded Leather Fitness Training Gloves Body Building - Black
Offered by Jazooli

2.0 out of 5 stars Initial impression good but didn't last long, 7 Sep 2014
I gave these 5 stars previously.

They're dirt cheap, arrive promptly and look the part. Unfortunately within about a month they're ripped across both wrist supports (and aching wrists in need of support was the reason I looked to replace my previous gloves which lasted years until I misplaced them) and across the palm of one glove. I'm not a particularly heavy user so couldn't recommend these.

Solgar, Sublingual Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12), 1000 mcg, 60 Nuggets
Solgar, Sublingual Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12), 1000 mcg, 60 Nuggets
Offered by Nature's Remedies

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective., 28 July 2014
My GP would only inject me with B12 every 12 weeks, despite having neuro symptoms (depression, headaches, tremors, long "pauses" in being able to think), which NICE guidelines suggest should result in 8 week injections. Around 8 weeks I'd have symptoms flood back. My GP thinks B12 is hokum placebo but that's completely incongruous to everything I've read.

Not diet related for me, but other members of my family appear also to not absorb B12 through their gut. However, being sublingual I thought I'd try these and after a couple of weeks I'm certain they're working. Your mileage may vary I'm sure, depending on whether you're B12 deficient and the reason why.

Postage was very expensive, so I'll probably be looking to source in larger quantities.

Bi-Office Light Weight Magnetic Board Eraser
Bi-Office Light Weight Magnetic Board Eraser

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but not brilliantly, 22 Dec 2013
When brand new it seems to work ok, but it doesn't take long before it's just covered in the ink and moving it around. Then the ink seems to powder and fall off everywhere just making a mess.

Probably better off using an old cloth or two you can wash more easily.

Scribble 'Super Smooth' Drywipe Magnetic Whiteboard 1200x900mm, Silver Anodised Aluminium Frame.
Offered by Scribble Direct Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 22 Dec 2013
Larger whiteboards seem to go up in cost very quickly. This seems to be a good balance of being large enough to be worth hanging on a wall vs. cost. Mine came with a small dent in it which makes writing over it or cleaning it a bit awkward. Probably could have been packed a bit more thoroughly.

It's a whiteboard though and it works, you can't go too far wrong.

Sony KDL55HX853 55-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p SMART 3D Dynamic LED Television with Built-in Home Theatre System Stand (New for 2012)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, 22 Dec 2013
I'm still enjoying this TV.

Plenty of HDMI ports, HDMI-CEC so XBMC works perfectly on my Raspberry Pi. iPlayer and 5OD work fine, it's a shame there's no option for C4 or ITV. Picture quality is so far ahead of my previous Samsung.

Startup time is a _little_ slow, but really not that bad. The stand tilting back the monitor is a little odd but you get used to it, it seems worse at wider viewing angles. Having it lean backwards is comforting with young children trying to smack it.

Thoroughly recommended.

Bic Cristal Medium 1.0mm Ball Pen Box of 50 - Blue
Bic Cristal Medium 1.0mm Ball Pen Box of 50 - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars An old classic, 22 Dec 2013
These pens are great. I must've had these for a year now and I'm still on the first pen. They just work so well for something you can buy in a box of 50 at a low price.

I'm more likely to have chewed through it before it stops working!

Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Chrome Trim Mechanical Pencil
Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Chrome Trim Mechanical Pencil

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, writes cleanly, 22 Dec 2013
I used to have these as a child in school. They still work brilliantly and unlike BICs I don't find myself chewing through them.

Parker Standard Pencil Leads 0.5mm HB Ref S0168421
Parker Standard Pencil Leads 0.5mm HB Ref S0168421
Offered by Webster's Pen Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Product as expected, 22 Dec 2013
It's been many years since I first had the pencil for these but I bought one partly for a bit of nostalgia. These leads are exactly as expected.

Netgear Universal Wi-Fi Internet Adapter
Netgear Universal Wi-Fi Internet Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little devices, 22 Dec 2013
I found I couldn't get enough of these. I'm thinking about moving to 802.11ac and I really wish there was a replacement model with support for the wifi standard, but I can't find one. They do a great job of either connecting a single device to the network or bridging multiple wired sections.

Only issue I had was that setting them up by WPS seemed to break occasionally. Manual setup worked absolutely fine.

Humax PVR9200TB 160Gb HDD Recorder - Black
Humax PVR9200TB 160Gb HDD Recorder - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Ugly UI, questionable quality, poor customer service, 22 Dec 2013
This was never a beautiful product. The UI was terrible, the design of the box and the remote just distasteful. It died a death and Humax customer service offered no help.

As a result it's not been replaced.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3