Profile for Michael J. > Reviews

Content by Michael J.

Michael J. (East Yorkshire, England)

Do-Win weightlifting shoes 'Gong Lu II' (Power), UK 5-15, White/Black (4UK)
Do-Win weightlifting shoes 'Gong Lu II' (Power), UK 5-15, White/Black (4UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars So stable your feet feel like they stick to the floor, Great, 20 Feb. 2016
Having first tried Do-wins when starting Olympic weightlifting. I found the stability they offered astound, as though my feet were stuck to the ground with magnets when catching the bar. As a result I decided to buy Adidas Adipower's. Whilst the Adidas shoes looked more stylish, they offered far less stability than the Do-wins.
Having given the Adidas shoes a year, I bit the bullet and bought a second pair of weightlifting shoes; these.
The Do-wins are better and cheaper, they just look less fashionable, but I think they have a charm of their own.

Apple iPod nano 16GB, 7th Generation - Silver
Apple iPod nano 16GB, 7th Generation - Silver
Offered by Lite sale

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Hardware, let down by software, 15 Dec. 2012
The 7th generation iPod nano is a great piece of kit. It looks simple and elegant, as you would expect. It feels nice in the hand and the touch screen has perfect sensitivity. It comes with the new shape earphones which feel comfortable and produce a quality sound. It also comes with a USB to lightening connector.

The downside is with apples' software. iTunes failed to find a large portion of my music when scanning my computer, meaning I'm missing individual songs, whole albums and artists. It also failed to transfer 90% of the album art with the music (prior to this I have been using the current windows media player to play my music on my pc and laptop). It is also not obvious how to make playlists on your iPod and I think that you have to do this on you're computer which is a bit of a pain when you are out and about.

Perhaps my expectations are a little high, but I expect iPod's to be simple and easy to use, plug in and play. I will no doubt be able to correct these issues thrown up by the software but it will mean a lot of time spent fiddling about trying to find files etc. I would have hoped that apples' software was capable of doing all of this for me and it's an unexpected hiccup which means that my iPod will be a chore for sometime rather than just getting out and enjoying it.

Once I sort out these initial issues I'm expect I would rate the iPod nano a 4-5 star piece equipment as the product itself is pretty fantastic. Just a shame the software isn't up to par with the hardware!
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2015 11:52 PM GMT

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey 2273 g Milk Chocolate Protein Shake Powder

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality Protein Supplement, shame it tastes awful., 13 Feb. 2012
Gold Standard Whey Protein is a fantastic supplement for building muscle. It has all the amino acids, bcaa's essential for putting on lean muscle etc and is a very high quality product. It mixes better then past protein powders I have purchased and has a high proportion of the protein you want, and less of what you don't want (cholesterol, fat etc).

However the milk chocolate flavour tastes awful to me, tastes very artificial and overly sweet even when mixed with much more water than recommended. I sometimes end up having a separate glass of water to drink with the shake to get it down me.

If the flavour was not so bad I would give this product 5 stars.

I will be buying another Gold Standard whey protein, however next time I will get another flavour.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2013 9:19 PM GMT

5 Star Key Cabinet Steel Lockable Holds 60 Keys Ref 918877
5 Star Key Cabinet Steel Lockable Holds 60 Keys Ref 918877

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money, 13 Feb. 2012
I bought this product to keep my keys/spare keys safe, in one place and organised. The product seems very sturdy, with plenty of room for 30 keys. These key cabinets are not too pretty, but I don't mind that as I have fixed it up out of sight, with the supplied screws and wall plugs.

Great value for money, though I thought the key fobs where flimsy and bought my own.

Black Nylon Training Dip Belt "Wide Padded back for extra comfort"
Black Nylon Training Dip Belt "Wide Padded back for extra comfort"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for Greater Workouts!, 13 Feb. 2012
The belt looks as pictured, it is wide and comfortable. You can either wear it as pictured or double up the chain to bring the weight closer to you for greater stability. I found this product has already helped me increase strength and add some size to my triceps and will be great for weighted pull ups too. I also have used it to add weight for standing calf raises (as my gym doesn't have a standing calf raise machine I can add weight to this belt and do the exercise on a step).

A great piece of equipment to have if your getting serious in the gym.