Profile for Miss H. Wright > Reviews

Content by Miss H. Wright

Miss H. Wright (Lancashire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
BIRUGEAR 2x 3D Polarized Glasses for watching 3D Movies - The Nightmare Before Christmas / Ice Age/The Avengers(2012) / The Amazing Spider-Man / Titanic : A Mammoth Christmas Special & Playing Games on TV/Monitor Flat Screens

5.0 out of 5 stars 3D glasses for people with glasses!, 12 May 2012
Finally an item, which allows people with glasses to watch 3D films in comfort. These just clip on to the bridge of your glasses and it feels like you aren't even wearing them, in fact I nearly walked out the cinema in them! I can confirm these work in UK cinemas, as I went to watch a 3D film at Cineworld yesterday and it had no problem with the 3D there (this was something I was slightly worried about before buying).
So if you wear glasses and want to watch 3D films in comfort, without pushing a second pair of glasses up your nose every 5 minutes, I can fully recommend these! Great idea! 5*!

Charmed: Season 9 Volume 1
Charmed: Season 9 Volume 1
by Paul Ruditis

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Disappoint!, 4 Jun 2011
This is the first comic book product I've purchased in a very long time. It's not that I'm against comic books, I just prefer regular novels. But as this is Charmed, and is what would/could have happened in Season 9, I found myself tempted by it.

My first impression of this though, was that the artwork is absolutely beautiful, if not stunning! All the artists have done a great job. And the plots are just as strong as the artwork! I was disappointed when I got to the end of this though, as this was just Volume 1; and I'd have to wait, at the time - four whole months, for the next one! So I am currently waiting in anticipation for Volume 2 (which, according to Amazon, is due next month) just to find out what happens next!

This is the next best thing to having another real-life action series! So if you are a big Charmed fan and want to continue following the sisters' story beyond Season 8 - buy it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2011 6:41 AM BST

Everything Comes & Goes
Everything Comes & Goes

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Listening, 4 Jun 2011
This review is from: Everything Comes & Goes (Audio CD)
All the songs on this album are very easy to listen to. The only disappointing aspect of this album is that there aren't more songs on it! But as all of the songs are so good, it is still very worthy of a release! I first discovered Michelle's music, when she performed 'Goodbye to You' on Buffy (Season 6, Episode 8 'Tabula Rasa') and Charmed (Season 5, Episode 12 'Centennial Charmed'), so if you aren't sure and are fans of either of these shows, then watch her performances on these shows first - it should help you make up your mind, as to if you like her style of music or not. But if you like Michelle or easy listening songs, this album is a must!

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Complete Season 1, 2 & 3 (15 DVDs) [European release]
Dvd ~ Amy Jo Johnson
Offered by limato-shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, MMPR boxsets!, 21 Nov 2010
Finally after years of waiting these three boxsets are now available. I've been in Germany (where these are sold), so have been able to purchase them at long last!
The main thing I'll note for real fans of MMPR - if you buy Season 3 - the main thing you'll notice is that it begins with 'Ninja Quest', so you'll wonder if 'A Friend in Need', the cross over with Masked Rider, has been excluded. It hasn't - instead you'll find it on the end of the last disk of Season 2! I just thought I'd mention this, as it has always been part of Season 3 in the past, and I know I wondered where it had disappeared to!
The artwork and menus are great! As a previous reviewer has said - there are no extras. But that doesn't matter to me - I'm just glad now that my favourite childhood show is on DVD. And one day, my future kids can enjoy this classic show with me!
Original fans of the show and new fans of the show alike - buy it! These are classic episodes of Power Rangers worth owning! - 5 Stars!

Harry Potter - French: Harry Potter ET Les Reliques De LA Mort Foju
Harry Potter - French: Harry Potter ET Les Reliques De LA Mort Foju
by J.K. Rowling
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Translation Which is Easy to Read, 21 Nov 2010
I bought this on a recent trip to France, as I study French at university and wanted to try reading this in French (I've already read this in English twice).
It's surprisingly quite easy to read - there's only the odd word here and there which I don't understand - of course it helps having read the English version, but you can't remember everything. Some of it is written in the passé simple, but I've not had any problems understanding the verbs.
One of the things I did find odd - not all the characters names are the same as they are in the English. The most strange being that Severus Snape is called Severus Rogue in the French translation - I didn't know this as I haven't read any of the previous books in French.
Otherwise this is quite a faithful translation and it's interesting to see how all the Harry Potter vocab has been translated into French like 'Mangemorts' is Death Eaters. And as this book is written so French children/teens can read it - the language is quite straightforward. So I thoroughly recommend this to all students of French from about 6th form level and above, and anyone who likes reading French books - buy it! - 5 stars!

Serious Moonlight [DVD]
Serious Moonlight [DVD]
Dvd ~ Meg Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Film, 21 Nov 2010
This review is from: Serious Moonlight [DVD] (DVD)
This film feels like it starts halfway through the story in a way. You haven't got to know the history of the characters, before you discover this guy is leaving his wife and then you've got all these other characters in the mix too.
Then, as a previous reviewer has said - it's all set in the same set. There's no different scenery to help keep you engaged - so it does feel a bit repetitive at times and you want the story to move on.
Having said all that, as it was so compact into a couple of days in the same set - it felt like before you knew it, it was the end. If you stick with it and watch it through - it is an interesting, different little story which isn't the norm. I constantly wanted to know what was going to happen next - wanting the story to move on, which is why it irritated me a bit that it was dragging so much.
All in all, worth watching if you have the patience to see it through to the end and like things a bit different, but be warned that it isn't a regular romcom story - 3 stars!

Prancer Returns [DVD]
Prancer Returns [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gavin Fink

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching Christmas Film :), 19 Nov 2010
This review is from: Prancer Returns [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this for the first time yesterday - I thought it was great! Although the little boy's, who played Charlie, acting was good, the real life reindeer is the star of the film! He's just so well trained and is behind most of the comedy in this film! There are no bad actors in this film though, in my opinion.

I haven't seen the 1st film 'Prancer' and echo what a previous reviewer has said - this is very watchable without having seen 'Prancer' - I don't think this film lacks any magic for those who haven't seen the 1st film. But I am considering buying it and if it's on the TV this Christmas I will be watching it.

So, if you are looking for a touching Christmas film that the whole family can enjoy - pick this - you won't regret it! 5 stars!

Stardust [DVD] [2007]
Stardust [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Michelle Pfeiffer

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It! Plenty of Nice Twists!, 3 Aug 2010
This review is from: Stardust [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
This is a fantastic film! It takes different parts of fairytales and turns them on their head. Just when you think its all over everything turns around unexpectedly. The reason its so good is, because it's so unique and extraordinary. All the actors do a great job! It has a great soundtrack too!

I fully recommend this to anyone who likes fairytales and something a bit different! Fantastic film! So glad I bought it - I picked it up by chance having never seen it before or hearing anything about it, but it turned out to be a very good choice indeed! If you are um-ing and ar-ing, buy it! - you couldn't make a better choice!

Speaking Better French: Still More Faux Amis
Speaking Better French: Still More Faux Amis
by Saul H. Rosenthal

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful Book!, 3 Aug 2010
This book shows many false friends (faux amis) in the French language. It's useful, because often you assume that if a French word looks similar to an English word, it means the same thing in English; however you can't always make that assumption, which this book clearly shows.

All the definitions of the words and comparisons from French to English are in English. There are examples in both French and English. But you shouldn't have any trouble reading this book.

If you're serious about French it is definitely worth reading! However, there is a combined book out now which is probably worth getting over this one, as it's all the author's Faux Amis books in one. I partly wish I'd waited, but nevertheless this is a book worth reading in its own right - it just means if you did want to learn more Faux Amis you'd have to buy the individual books separately.

All in all though - good book! - 5 stars! A definite must-have for all serious learners of French!

Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree
Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Most of the Songs Sound the Same!, 3 Aug 2010
Most of the upbeat numbers sound too similar to each other - they have the same kind of undertone. I understand that it's partly to do with what she's good at singing, but you'd think that the creators of the album would go to some trouble to show more variety and to show how versatile she can be. I admit the ballads don't sound all that similar to each other, which is good. But although the songs individually are good, I would have expected a bit more variety on the album as a whole! Not a bad first album overall though!

Once - 4/5 (upbeat number - 1st single)
Re Make Me + You - 3/5 (upbeat number)
The Boy Who Murdered Love - 5/5 (upbeat number - 2nd single)
Four Leaf Clover - 4/5 (ballad)
Put It Back Together - 5/5 (ballad)
You'll Never Get To Heaven - 5/5 (fairly upbeat number)
Me & You - 4/5 (ballad)
My Hip - 4/5 (upbeat number)
N.U.M.B - 5/5 (ballad - well written, a bit depressing though)
Hit - 3/5 (upbeat number)
Notice - 5/5 (ballad)
Jumping Into Rivers - 3/5 (upbeat number)
Chasing You - 5/5 (fairly upbeat number)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4