Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Algarve, Portugal)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Brush Pen Wallets, Landscape Set - 6 x colours
Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Brush Pen Wallets, Landscape Set - 6 x colours
Price: 10.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard lines, but may suit some..., 12 July 2014
The effect produced by the pens are similar to felt tipped pens, except they are watercolour, some of the colours are easier to blend than others. I used the grey-blue to edge a building in my painting, but it looked so hard in comparison to the brush painted colour in the rest of the painting, so I tried to wash it away, but to no avail, this colour was hard and fast! Felt I'd ruined a promising painting, but ended up painting the rest of the building a dark colour so the pen drawn line didn't glare out at me. On the whole, I'd rather use a small brush and paint for thinner lines, rather than these pens, though I can see they could be useful when it is impractical to use water and paint.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-inch Tablet (White) - (Quad Core 1.9GHz Processor, 3GB RAM, 16GB Storage, WLAN, BT, 2x Camera, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean) (New Edition for 2014)
Offered by LambdaTek ComponentShop
Price: 430.92

2.0 out of 5 stars Slimline and good looking...., 24 Feb 2014
but after two months it stopped working. The on-off button failed one morning, and I had to return it, sadly, as it was quite a cool looking thing. Apart from this, I found that the touch screen did take some time to activate links, etc. and I found that I would have to wait quite a while to see if my emails had been sent, and assuming they had not, as the screen didn't tell me otherwise, I ended up sending mail up to four times. Perhaps not helped by slow internet speed.
The S-pen was a nice feature though not really essential I thought it would be nice and precise for clicking links, but it was no better than my finger really. Maybe I just had a dud...!
Using Chat, I obtained help straight away on how to return it, though I did ask if it could be replaced, and was told no, it was out of stock. When I went to order a replacement, I saw that it had increased in price substantially since my order two months previously. So now I am looking at alternative, less pricey replacements.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2014 9:18 PM BST

El Naturalista Womens Torcal Henna Biker Boots N305 5 UK, 38 EU
El Naturalista Womens Torcal Henna Biker Boots N305 5 UK, 38 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, though soles a bit thin..., 7 Oct 2013
So far, I've only worn them a few times (due to a return of the summer weather). They are comfortable as the shape is based on the foot's shape. The heel causes the occasional foot turn, as it is quite a bit less wide than the shoes, if you are walking on an uneven surface (like the calcadas in Portugal's streets). The soles are a little thin for boots, I think they are the same material and thickness as the El Naturalista sandals I have. The colour is somewhat more orange than shown in the photo. Now it's winter, I can add that they aren't really warm boots, and make my feet a little sweaty also.

The Jacket Technique: Being free from your excess baggage, you can take the first step towards effortless living
by Hans de Waard
Price: 9.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent self help technique, 21 July 2013
I found that I was reading quickly in my impatience to get to the part where you get to take off your jackets. I can say that the technique is effective and does work, better than pretty much all of the other self helps I've read over the years. The reason for this is that Hans de Waard has done most of the work for us, and makes it easy to identify our various jackets of baggage which we carry, along with an easy to use visualisation - it only takes around 15 minutes to complete a session - and after a month from beginning this technique, I feel huge improvements. Not just from the technique itself, but from all the useful and friendly advice H. de Waard gives. Particularly useful I found was the section on working with one's higher self. Highly recommended if you feel you need to shift some baggage!

Birkenstock Boston Suede, Style-No. 860121, Unisex Clogs, Crushed Cream, EU 37, normal width

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather baggy, 7 July 2013
Though I've had various different style of Birkenstocks before, and know that instead of ordering my usual size 38, and go a size down to 37, these clogs fit fine in the length, but are rather baggy. They will be fine with thick socks in the winter, no doubt - but it does limit the occasions which I can wear them.

Aroma Stone - electric vapouriser
Aroma Stone - electric vapouriser

3.0 out of 5 stars The dish is somewhat small for longer burning, 7 July 2013
I bought this for use at night, (whilst sleeping) but the size of the bowl means that at first I had to top up the liquid at some point during the night. The reason for this is that first time I used it the liquid in the bowl evaporated within 20 minutues. After about a month of use, it takes about 8 hours to evaporate the dish of liquid, and doesn't heat up as high as when first started to use. As times goes on it seems to take longer to heat up and therefore doesn't evaporate as effectively.

The small green light which indicates it's on isn't so bright that it interferes with sleep, unlike the candle powered burner I had previously (which is why I changed over).

Ladies Real Suede Slipper Clog (6)
Ladies Real Suede Slipper Clog (6)

1.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, and too big, 24 April 2013
The sole wasn't flexible, so walking around indoors with heavy inflexible soles became a pain and I recycled them after a few months. Also, they didn't keep my feet warm either for some reason, whereas other slippers have.

Kodak Ultra Premium Photo Paper, High-Gloss, A4, 210 x 297 mm, 20 Sheets
Kodak Ultra Premium Photo Paper, High-Gloss, A4, 210 x 297 mm, 20 Sheets
Price: 6.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for high quality prints, 24 April 2013
This paper has a slight creamy colour for a start, which I don't like. Also, when prints are trimmed it leaves a white edge where the paper is cut, which is a bit flaky. Not suitable for my purposes, so won't buy again.

Kipling Women's Alvar Shoulder Bag Gypsy Print K10967683
Kipling Women's Alvar Shoulder Bag Gypsy Print K10967683

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality lightweight bag, 20 Feb 2013
I am pleased with this choice: it is lightweight, four separate zipped compartments, and inside pockets for your mobile etc. I bought it because I wanted a less bulky bag which could hold all the stuff I tend to cart around with me - wallet, mobile, keys, camera, notebook, being the main items. It can hold these easily and still looks stream-lined, nothing sticking into your body or anywhere else, all contents seem to lay flat and close together, not jangling around at all. I like the appearance of the bag also, though it is patterned, it's reasonably understated, but not boring!

Saitek Notebook Mouse Lilac
Saitek Notebook Mouse Lilac

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little mouse, 24 Jan 2013
I bought this mouse for my laptop as the buttons were sticking. This mouse has solved my problems - it is very easy to control in navigating around the screen, the left and right clicks are very nice and precise too. The lights make it a bit special and fun, though probably not really necessary. Maybe helpful if working in the dark!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4