Profile for NeilBrookes > Reviews

Content by NeilBrookes

NeilBrookes

Panasonic TX-P42U30B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 600Hz Plasma TV with Freeview HD
Offered by Hyper-Fi
Price: 699.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Im glad I did the research!, 23 May 2011
Having spent numerous hours over the last couple of years researching TV's I know how daunting this technology can be.I didnt know what sort of TV to get, and then I was told that if you watch a lot of sport you need to get a plasma.Something to do with refresh rates or some such. So I took that advice on board. It soon became apparent that you cannot get a small screen plasma TV.Therefore the decision was made for me to go for a 42".I couldnt possibly go for a 50" unless I wanted to sit in the garden to watch it!
I purchased this TV to replace a 15 year old Grundig 28" huge lump of a thing, but I have to say that in those 15 years it never once developed any fault at all.Oh the memories of watching great sporting events on that old TV.England V Holland in Euro 1996 springs to mind.
I decided on this Panasonic after reading all the reviews I could find. Its easy to set up, and within 2 days it looks totally at home in my lounge. It doesnt look huge and it doesnt shout 'new telly'!
I purchased a Panasonic BluRay at the same time (both from Amazon)and that feed plus the V+ look fantastic.
I was fearful that I was going to spend my money and end up with a picture not noticeably better than my old Grundig, but I needn't have worried.Its a great TV, well built and subtly stylish.Great value for money and great service from Amazon as usual.

I just thought I would add a 3 month update, just to say that having lived with this TV for 3 months now I am even more impressed than I was initially.I am still amazed at the picture clarity even on non HD channels.I accept that you have to be careful where you put the TV due to the highly reflective nature of the screen, but other than that it is a real joy to watch each day.

Well it's very nearly 12 months now since I purchased this tv, and I have nothing negative to report. It does what it does exceptionally well. I'm glad I took the plunge and have never regretted this purchase.Even now I am amazed at the picture quality. HD continues to be a joy be it watching football or movies, and the screen size is large enough to be immersive yet it is not overpowering in average sized lounge.