Profile for MARK > Reviews

Content by MARK

MARK (Bournemouth, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Apple Case for iPhone 5S - Black
Apple Case for iPhone 5S - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but good value, 2 April 2014
Not the cheapest case, but fits so well and feels expensive (it is!)

Be wary if using non standard chargers or adapters as very small whole for it. 5 stars though Apple!

Seben Laser Collimator to align telescopes LK1 31.7mm (1.25")
Seben Laser Collimator to align telescopes LK1 31.7mm (1.25")

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Quick and Accurate, 2 April 2014
I purchased this a while ago, but for one reason or another only used it today. WOW, quick, easy and accurate is all I can say! So much easier than a cheshire on my 250mm Dob. For the money you really cannot go wrong. Just check it is collimated itself (place on flat surface and rotate it to see if the laser moves) and you're away. I just got a new scope, popped it in adjusted the secondary first then the primary - all in 5 mins!!! Buy one!

Sonixx SX1 Wireless Sports Neckband Bluetooth Headphones - Folding Headset with Noise Cancelling Microphone -3 YEAR WARRANTY (Black)
Offered by iHeadphones UK

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY Good value!, 29 Oct. 2013
I was initially sceptical about bluetooth headphones for £15, but these are excellent. Nice balanced sound and tone and the battery seems to last for ages. Great at the gym as there are no trailing wires and works flawlessly with my iPhone 5. An added bonus is the microphone is excellent and it's as easy as a quick press of a button to answer a call.

WD Red 3TB for NAS 3.5-inch Desktop Hard Drive - OEM
WD Red 3TB for NAS 3.5-inch Desktop Hard Drive - OEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems great, 29 Oct. 2013
Put into my Qnap NAS - very quiet and fast - recommend it to anyone considering it. Now just need a second for the RAID 1!

Apple iPod Lightning to 30-PIN Adapter-ZML  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod Lightning to 30-PIN Adapter-ZML (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by Damsu

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine, 29 Oct. 2013
I was worried like others that this may not be the Apple part - mine came direct from Amazon and was. Works great in the iPhone 5 and plays audio in my dock and car. So good, I bought another! For £5 more than the Apple store I have 2 genuine adapters!

Sharon iPad 4 Retina iPad 3 iPad 2 Ultrathin Keyboard Cover Smart Cover QWERTY
Sharon iPad 4 Retina iPad 3 iPad 2 Ultrathin Keyboard Cover Smart Cover QWERTY
Offered by LEICKE Germany

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 18 Jun. 2013
Great value iPad keyboard - iPad fits securely, adds little bulk. Easy to operate and battery life seems great. I would (and have) recommend!

7dayshop Binocular Adapter (Mounts Binoculars to a Tripod or Monopod) - BRAND NEW METAL BODY VERSION!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 14 Jan. 2013
I matched this up with the 7dayshop.com binoculars and it is perfect! A good buy and good value for money!

Celestron Moon Filter
Celestron Moon Filter

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine but won't last, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Celestron Moon Filter (Camera)
As another reviewer has said - optically I can not fault this. I have 130mm scope and it cuts out the right amount of light without distorting or taking away the clarity.

However, after a few times swapping it from eyepiece to eyepiece the plastic thread soon proves to be its downfall. It is very difficult to thread with cold hands in the dark and it is now unusable as the thread has all 'mashed' up. I have had no problems with my other metal threaded planetary filters.

If you're very careful, a good buy. But it is difficult being careful in the dark with cold hands! (I am not heavy handed!)

Seagate 750GB Momentus XT Serial 2.5 inch 7200 RPM 32MB 6GB/S SATA Solid State Hybrid Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial impressions - EXCELLENT!, 16 Dec. 2012
I installed this on my MacBook (not pro) 2008 Aluminium unibody. It replaced a seagate 7200 rpm 500gb HDD. All I can say is wow!

My old HDD took 1 minute 57 seconds from the Apple logo to the logon screen. After a couple of reboots, this now takes 22 seconds! Reset the PRAM though as it will spend about 30 seconds looking for your old HDD first before it realises that there is another disk installed.

Photoshop used to take a minute. Now it takes 13 seconds. Word used to be a nightmare - 25-30 seconds. Now it takes 2 seconds from clicking. I am worried that this sounds to good to be true, so I will update this review in a month, but so far this is the best money I have spend on my Mac

7dayshop 10x50 Sport Series Binoculars - Includes Protecting Black Nylon Case, Four Lens Caps, Neck Strap & Lens Cleaning Cloth & Lifetime Guarantee

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value Astronomy grab n go binocular, 13 Dec. 2012
I am a keen astronomer and was looking for something to grab to look at the sky for a while when I couldn't be bothered to set up my scope. These fit the bill perfectly. Cheap, but solidly made and give great 10x mag views. Not too heavy to hold and work really well on a tripod too. Great views of open clusters, Orion and able to make out Jupiter and the moons. 'Our' moon is great too - though wear sunglasses (seriously!) to look at the full moon through these! I would recommend to anyone wanting a cheap grab 'n' go astronomy binocular!

Page: 1 | 2