Profile for Mr S Jones > Reviews

Spiratronics Quartz Clock Movement Module
Offered by Electromart-UK
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 May 2013
This is exactly what I needed to get an old clock working - it is a great buy and excellent value

5 Star Chair Mat Carpet Protection PVC W900xD1200mm Clear/Transparent
5 Star Chair Mat Carpet Protection PVC W900xD1200mm Clear/Transparent
Price: 19.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 26 May 2013
I am impressed with the mat as it was delivered not rolled up and I was able to use it immediately. It appears to be capable of extensive use and there is a slight movement but not whilst I am on it - a slight issue but not one to worry about as carpet and rugs can move.

BBC Espana Viva: Spanish for Beginners Coursebook
BBC Espana Viva: Spanish for Beginners Coursebook
by Derek Utley
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Good help, 26 May 2013
This covers a lot of conversational Spanish which is what I bought it for to supplement the evening classes - it is a good reference book. I was not bothered about how old it was as Spanish is Spanish.

Collins Gem Spanish Dictionary (Collins Gem)
Collins Gem Spanish Dictionary (Collins Gem)
by Collins Dictionaries
Price: 2.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but possibly too small, 26 May 2013
I bought the book for my Spanish classes and it is accurate, very handy size for carrying around but the words are tiny which is fine if you have very good eyesight but I wear glasses and do find it difficult - I will buy a larger version in due course.

Vaude Shoulder Strap
Vaude Shoulder Strap
Price: 6.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short for a cross shoulder strap, 26 May 2013
This review is from: Vaude Shoulder Strap (Sports)
I was disappointed with the strap as there was no way I could determine its length until I opened it and by then it was too late. I bought the strap to act as an across the shoulder strap for my camera bag so that it was not bundled up under my arm when I wanted to carry it across my shoulders and take the weight on my hip - the current bag slides off my jacket when I carry it.

I have not bothered to seek to return it given the cost of the item (which was fine) and the time it would take me to do so and I wait to see if I can find another use in due course. In the meantime it does not suit my purpose.