Profile for Waters > Reviews

A Girl Called Jack: 100 delicious budget recipes
A Girl Called Jack: 100 delicious budget recipes
by Jack Monroe

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS BOOK, 22 May 2015
LOVE LOVE LOVE This book!!!
So inspiring and helpful when not knowing what to cook with no money.
Thanks Jack for helping me and thousands of people to enjoy good healthy food on a budget...

Polar Gear Bento Lunch Box with Ice Pack, Plastic, Berry,  1.1 Litre
Polar Gear Bento Lunch Box with Ice Pack, Plastic, Berry, 1.1 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Dec. 2014
Thanks

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars easy punching in thick leather, 10 Dec. 2014
Well built, easy punching in thick leather. Thanks

Scholl Orthaheel Regular Orthotic - Small
Scholl Orthaheel Regular Orthotic - Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Dec. 2014
Great thanks

Following Atticus: How a little dog led one man on a journey of rediscovery to the top of the world
by Thomas F. Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 6 Nov. 2011
Best book I have ever read! Could not put it down. So many up and down emotions (first book to make me cry!). My life feels empty now I have finished it. TRULY AMAZING!!!

Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS Running Watch - Grey (discontinued by manufacturer)
Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS Running Watch - Grey (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by My Basket

5.0 out of 5 stars Forerunner 110 - great gps watch, 24 April 2011
I have been training for the Brighton Marathon over the last year and when on the organised training runs I had my first exposure to gps devices for running which I thought were great. Quite a lot of runners were using their gps enabled phones strapped to their arms, these are ok, but not easy to monitor progress as you have to remove from the arm strap. Other runners had watch type devices, which mainly seemed to be Garmin falling into two camps, either older models that looked like a brick on your wrist (205/305 I think) or more expensive compact models out of my price range. That is until someone had purchased a 110, looked on Amazon to see just over the £100 mark. It seems that Garmin have kept it compact by keeping the features simple, price is cheaper also as this version is without heart rate monitor, you can also buy with or obtain later if required. Marathon was getting closer, really wanted the 110, but could not afford it yet, resigned myself to running with a print out on a card of my mile splits for anticipated completion time. Then on the day before the marathon there was a delivery from Amazon, my wife had chipped in with my parents to get me the Garmin 110, lucky me! So the first time I used it was on the marathon and it was fantastic. Finds satellite connection under a minute every time, even if walking slowly. Advice given to me is that once found after a few minutes it can revert back to watch mode if you don't start the device, so if a delay at start, about every minute press between watch and run mode and it keeps the connection. I set the watch to show mile laps, this then gives you your average pace within that mile, it beeps at the end of the mile and freezes the screen for about 20 seconds, which is great for checking if you are on track for your race time you are after. All the info I required was displayed on my wrist, distance run, average pace (within last mile) and time running. Laps or splits can be set at other distances such as half mile, or not at all. You can also set the device to miles or km. After race over I set up my Garmin Connect page which was easy to do, connected the watch to the clip and USB connection to the computer and it downloaded my run. It was amazing to see all the info, the run is plotted onto a map, all the statistics are broken down into a user friendly formats, there are bar charts with your pace and also one that plots out altitude, all the up and down gradients etc. This can be posted onto the Garmin site and you can see runs that other people have done in your area which I like. I have had the watch a couple of weeks now and love it, first it is fairly small on the wrist compared to other devices, I now wear it as my watch. It provides me with all the info I need when on a run, and the statistics info after is great. I couldn't ask for more from this watch, so its a thumbs up from me!