Profile for Wallis > Reviews

Content by Wallis

Wallis

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Afterlife: Stories from the ER (Volume 1)
Afterlife: Stories from the ER (Volume 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Food for thought., 14 Dec. 2014

Delphi Complete Works of Anthony Trollope (Illustrated)
Delphi Complete Works of Anthony Trollope (Illustrated)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money., 14 Dec. 2014
Excellent value for money if you like Trollope, whih I do.

Delphi Complete Works of James Joyce (Illustrated)
Delphi Complete Works of James Joyce (Illustrated)

3.0 out of 5 stars Life's too short., 14 Dec. 2014
I read Ulysses and that's enough for anyone. He might have been a genius, but frankly, life's too short.

Ulysses
Ulysses

5.0 out of 5 stars Thirty years later..., 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Ulysses (Kindle Edition)
I read it. I actually read it. I can't believe it. It's taken me thirty years of picking it up, putting it down, and lying at dinner parties. "Of course I've read it," I said. Now, I really HAVE read it. (All I have to do now is understand it.)

Afterlife II: More Stories from the ER
Afterlife II: More Stories from the ER

5.0 out of 5 stars Further food for thought., 14 Dec. 2014
I really enjoyed this collection of stories - not sure why, as most of them were unbelievable, but one or two gave food for thought.

They Came Back: Tales of Reincarnation, Ghosts, and Life after Death
They Came Back: Tales of Reincarnation, Ghosts, and Life after Death

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 14 Dec. 2014
A good read, even if you happen not to believe in reincarnation.

Three Men in a Boat
Three Men in a Boat

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm in the minority., 14 Dec. 2014
Bored me to death, which is a pity as I had intended to read it for years. However, it is a matter of personal taste. Thousands of people love it and regard it a classic, so I'm very much in the minority.

Mortality
Mortality

3.0 out of 5 stars You may disagree., 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Mortality (Kindle Edition)
Hitchens was being treated with chemotherapy when he wrote this book, and I'm afraid it shows in the writing. Personally, I think it ought to have remained unpublished as it does not do justice to the fine mind and clarity of thought he possessed when at the height of his mental powers. However, that is just my personal opinion, and if you buy it, you may disagree.

The Water-Babies
The Water-Babies

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic., 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Water-Babies (Kindle Edition)
A classic. I have always loved it and owned it and now have it on Kindle so that I can dip into it at the bus stop, so to speak.

THE COMPLETE NOVELS OF GEORGE ELIOT (Special Kindle Illustrated and Annotated Edition) All of George Eliot's Unabridged Novels AND Complete Book-Length ... (The Complete Works of George Eliot Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars The loss is mine., 14 Dec. 2014
I can't get on with George Elliot, but that's a personal thing. She was a superb writer, and the loss is mine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5