Profile for Mr. I. Fawkes > Reviews

a1

Yardbirds
Yardbirds
by John Platt

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good book but skips through the Page years too, 16 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Yardbirds (Paperback)
Pretty good book but skips through the Page years too quickly

Best of the Beatles: The sacking of Pete Best
Best of the Beatles: The sacking of Pete Best
by Spencer Leigh

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 16 Feb. 2016
Good book

One Train Later: A memoir
One Train Later: A memoir
by Andy Summers

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont really like The Police but Andys story is fantastic like many ..., 16 Feb. 2016
Superb book, Dont really like The Police but Andys story is fantastic like many others who have made it to the top, you get the underside if you like , warts and all. It aint always straight forward being a star and its bloody hard work where other things in your life suffer. Class book.

Here for a Good Time: On the Road with Trooper, Canada's Legendary Rock Band
Here for a Good Time: On the Road with Trooper, Canada's Legendary Rock Band
by Ra McGuire

2.0 out of 5 stars Funny one this, 16 Feb. 2016
Funny one this, I bought the book not knowing anything about Trooper but wanting to read an "on the road " account of the band, tales , fun etc. Not really wanting to know about his sons , very very, infant musical career or Ra`s endless exploring of new computer gadgets, its all a bit boring to be honest. Who is this book aimed at? Fans? Do they want to know all this or do the fans want to read full on about Trooper. Not a good read.

Song of the Fool: On the Road with Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers
Song of the Fool: On the Road with Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers
by Hunter Sharpless

5.0 out of 5 stars ... the band were but bought the book because I like music biogs of any sort, 13 Feb. 2016
I am from the UK and had not a clue who the band were but bought the book because I like music biogs of any sort. I can honestly say this has got to be one of the best I have ever read. Hunter gets beyond the stage and gets to know and understand and read into the band members. Its a fasinating read, I would say a great book. 10 out of 10 Hunter. And you know I still have no clue what the band look or sound like and Im not really bothered (no offence) its all about the book. Lets have more Hunter, you have a gift.

Oasis the Truth: My Life as Oasis's Drummer

Nothing
Nothing
by Paul Morley

5.0 out of 5 stars A deep and I guess heavy book but one that ..., 31 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Nothing (Paperback)
A deep and I guess heavy book but one that will strike a chord with many people about the complex working of our parents who or when we reflect on in later life. 10/10

Rocker's Road: A Journey Through the Fading Days of 80s Metal
Rocker's Road: A Journey Through the Fading Days of 80s Metal
by Ben Wand

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Dec. 2015
A great tale Ben, I loved this book it was pacy and never dragged.

Lee Brilleaux: Rock'n'roll Gentleman
Lee Brilleaux: Rock'n'roll Gentleman
by Zoe Howe

5.0 out of 5 stars streetwise and business wise with a love of arts, 31 Dec. 2015
Lee was more than just a rock n roll singer he had a spirit about him that was unique. Sure he was well known for being the singer of Dr Feelgood but to people who met him and knew him he was gent. My own experience of The Feelgoods began in the early 70s when they burst onto the music scene in London. My first impression of Lee was he was probably a rough and tough hoodlum type character sure was his persona on stage. When you got to know more of Lee he was in fact a very shewd guy, streetwise and business wise with a love of arts, fine food and the likes. This is a great book from Zoe, its a story that could have been lost in time. I loved Lee , I idolised him I guess , he influenced my own musical path as Im sure he did many others. There will never be another Lee Brilleaux, a truly one off man. Thank you Zoe.

Page: 1 | 2