Profile for Joe > Reviews

Content by Joe

Joe (UK)

Asphalt 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
Asphalt 3D (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Asphalt vs Ridge Racer: Asphalt winner by far :), 15 Jan. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I had my doubts about getting this game after quite a few bad reviews. I was trying to compare this with Ridge Racer and all professionals seem to recommend the other one.

My friend got Ridge Racer and after playing it for a single game I felt that it was not for me. I didn't like how you control the car and the fact that it's always drifting (ridge racer games' style). It'll try to give it another go in the future in case I was mistaken with the 1st impression but then I got Asphalt 3D and I've not put it down for a long while!!!!

Pretty addictive. The sensation of the speed is awesome, you can control the car as you wish (start drifting, stop it half way through, no drifting, etc) and I've not really noticed the slowness of the game that some reviewers were criticizing so much other than in the start line on a few heavy scenarios (once the race is on, it's normal speed, really quick)

The one thing that's pretty annoying is how slow is to change between cars in the showroom, but the game per se, it's really good.

You won't be disappointed if you get this title!

Shinobi (Nintendo 3DS)
Shinobi (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by APE-GAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, the best for the 3DS so far., 15 Jan. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Awesome game, the first couple of plays it's quite hardcore, really difficult as you don't really know what your character can do.

Once you learn your shinobi movements you'll realize that he can do whatever you ask him to do, it becomes second nature to react to enemies attacks and the difficulty people are talking about drops dramatically.

It there was a single game I had to buy for the 3DS this was my choice at time (Jan-2012) without a doubt. Give it a go, it's rewarding after a little while of practice when you can control the character as you wish:

e.g. of parrying and combos:
<...>

Princess Blade [DVD] [2001]
Princess Blade [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Yumiko Shaku
Offered by DVDBayFBA

2.0 out of 5 stars Video Aspect Ratio: NOT anamorphic, 27 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Princess Blade [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
I've not watched the movie yet but I wanted to let people know that even though it's advertised as "Anamorphic Widescreen" everywhere (amazon, play, even the DVD cover!!!) this is a Letterboxed version... so the video transfer is not that good at all!!

Datel Direct Pistol (WII)
Datel Direct Pistol (WII)

5.0 out of 5 stars An exact clone to the Nyko perfect shot!!! 100% recommended, 7 Nov. 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I just read the previous review where the owner were complaining about the design and usefulness of the gun and felt the need to write my own.

If you are getting the gun that it's shown in the picture, then that's one of the best purchases you can make. If you are not, the question would be: has Datel re-design a perfect gun to a rubbish one (I would not say so) or are you getting a cheap clone?

If you get the real Datel gun, the nunchuck fits perfectly, you have the plastic loop to keep the wiimote in place, the spring is strong enough, etc. Overall... 5 stars!!!!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, but not perfect..., 24 Mar. 2008
The item arrived fairly quickly and for the price I think it is quite a good purchase. Note that the wooden base was a little scratched and it'll take you ages to assemble (you may be break some part as it doesn't properly fit). But once it's ready, quite nice.

Samsung YP-K3 - 4GB MP3 Player - With Photoviewer
Samsung YP-K3 - 4GB MP3 Player - With Photoviewer

4.0 out of 5 stars bluetooth compatibility, 15 May 2007
Just a comment about "Andrew (Hertfordshire. England)" comment below: I have tried to use a bluetooth headphone with my YP-K3 and did not work. If you go to the offical site you can check that it does not have bluetooth compatibility.

Another problem is that you cannot jump to a specific point of a song, so if you have a 1h song, you have to keep pressing FastForward for minutes before getting the part you want to listen to.

Apart from that, it's quite cool!