Profile for Bagpuss > Reviews

Bagpuss (uk)

Braun Oral-B Triumph 5000 Five-Mode Power Toothbrush with Wireless Smart Guide
Braun Oral-B Triumph 5000 Five-Mode Power Toothbrush with Wireless Smart Guide

1.0 out of 5 stars Only lasted 2 years!, 20 Nov 2013
I rarely review products but I had to share my experiences.

I loved this toothbrush, it was the best I had experienced out of all the electric toothbrushes I have tried and you will love it if you buy it, however it only lasted two years!

The battery drained quickly from early on in the toothbrushes life to the point I was charging it every 3 days, then to every two days. I purchased a new charger for £20 as I thought this was the issue but this did not help. Now the toothbrush does not hold any charge and having research this online I have found that I'm not the only one to have this issue with oral B products.

I don't expect to purchase a toothbrush for £70 to only have it last 2 years.

Having contacted Oral B they could only apologise, tell me their batteries cannot be changed and proceed to recommend their newest product which is currently selling for £145! I cant even contemplate purchasing a new oral b, let alone for that price, knowing that it could again only last a short amount of time.

Sorry Oral B you have gone down in my estimations.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2013 3:20 AM GMT

How to feed your whole family: A healthy, balanced diet with very little money
How to feed your whole family: A healthy, balanced diet with very little money
by Gill Holcombe

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!!!, 15 Sep 2008
I very rarely write reviews about products, but I felt the need to for this book. In my opinion this book should be in EVERYONE'S kitchen.

It has not only saved me money but it has improved my cooking skills. I like make everything from scratch, and thanks to this book it has helped me in this challenge. I can be 100% sure I know exactly what I'm eating - and this book makes it easy - and fast!!!

Canon Digital IXUS 750 Silver Digital Camera [7MP, 3 x Optical Zoom]
Canon Digital IXUS 750 Silver Digital Camera [7MP, 3 x Optical Zoom]

2.0 out of 5 stars not so good for camera shake and fast moving subjects, 2 Nov 2005
We are experienced digital cameras users; we have owned Casio, Olympus, Fuji and Panasonic over the years, we use them constantly for our work.
We wanted to replace our Olympus 5050 5mega pixel with something a bit smaller and lighter to carry around while we were out and about, and one that used a lithium battery so we didn't have to keep using rechargeables. All the reviews we read about the ixus sounded perfect so we ordered it from Amazon.
When it arrived we were pleased with the overall design, it was pocket sized and very light and the screen on the back was brilliant. The battery charged very quickly, such an improvement on rechargeables.
However, out of about 150 photos that we took, while testing it over the following 4 days only a handful was in focus. Our primary use for digital cameras is to take photos of dogs and horses as we paint them for a living, and as animals do, they move continuously. We found even by using the settings on the camera (sports/portrait etc) the camera couldn't quite capture movement especially on a cloudy day. This was mainly due to the fact that this camera is so small and light, that any slight movement you make, you get camera shake.
Finally the 7mega pixels didn't show us any difference on this camera to our old Olympus 5050 5mega pixels. In fact the photos from our old Olympus 5050 camera were better, sharper and clearer.
I would say if you were using this camera with a tripod, or were taking photos of landscapes, seascapes or non moving subjects etc then it would be fine, but if you had kids running around at a birthday party, or you visited a zoo or a wildlife park, some of the photos you take will be blurred.
We sent the camera back and purchased a Panasonic lumix dmc-fz5 12x zoom 5 mega pixel. For our uses for taking photos of moving subjects the Panasonic was better for our needs.