Profile for A. Reeve > Reviews

Content by A. Reeve

A. Reeve "Whizree" (Dorset, UK)

BRITA Marella Cool White Starter Pack includes 3 Cartridges
BRITA Marella Cool White Starter Pack includes 3 Cartridges

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 26 Oct. 2014
Good product, lovely clear tasteless water. Jug fits into fridge overnight.

Battery for Panasonic Lumix DMW-BMB9 DMW-BMB9E 7.4V 750mAh
Battery for Panasonic Lumix DMW-BMB9 DMW-BMB9E 7.4V 750mAh
Offered by PowerShop UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Battery, 8 Oct. 2013
It does what it says on the label at a very good price.
I have used it to back up my Panasonic battery, at this price you cannot afford not to buy one.

TP-Link TD-W8968 300Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections (USB Port for Storage Sharing, Printer Sharing, 3G Modem Sharing, FTP Server and Media Server)

2.0 out of 5 stars A Great Router - parhaps not so good., 28 April 2013
I am very pleased with this Router. The driver software is very good and I have not experienced any problems. It worked first time with both Windows 7 and with XP. The wireless transfer rate is 300 Mps and there have been no problems. I also use the modem with a dongle on my Sansung Smart TV to view BBC iPlayer. The indicator lights are a bit small, but once the system is up and running these are hardly needed.
One problem I did have was with the modem's own printer interface, this is designed to allow you to print from any PC on your system. But, you do need a recent printer type, I had problems because my printer is quite old and does not have the correct interface. Refer to the TP-Link web-site to establish if your printer will work with the Router.

After about seven months, it gave up the ghost! I then returned it to the supplier and bought the TD-W8970, this works bery well and if you are into Gaming, there's an extra hight speed Ethernet connection that doesn't interfer with you normal emails and web searches.TP-Link TD-W8970 300Mbps Gigabit Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router for BT connections

TP-Link TL-WN851ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN851ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 28 April 2013
This adapter worked out of the box. On Windows XP you can choose if you want to use the Microsoft driver software or the TP-Link system. There don't appear to be any issues. I am using the Adapter with a TP-Link wireless modem.

Hot Ideas MicroPad Plate Warmer Green and White Polka Dot - 4 Pack
Hot Ideas MicroPad Plate Warmer Green and White Polka Dot - 4 Pack
Offered by Hot Ideas Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Plates not very warm!, 25 Feb. 2013
Following the instructions, the warmers did not get very warm at all. The manufacturer does not state the power of the microwave used and this ia a major omission in my opinion. My microwave is rated at 700W (C). I doubled the time given and this made the pads warmer, but the plates were only tepid after the suggested time.

I really cannot recommend this product.

Gino D'Acampo 22 cm Stock Pot, Red
Gino D'Acampo 22 cm Stock Pot, Red

4.0 out of 5 stars White not Red, 26 Nov. 2012
I ordered the red version of this stockpot, but a white one arrived. Not too upsetting, it still does the job. I bought this to replace a stockpot I have had for years. The weight of it is not as heavy as my previous one, but it still cooked with no problems on a gas hob. I think I will be using this for years to come. Great for soups and for big quantities of pasta. You could aslo use it to cook a small chicken.

Gelert Double Rubber Airbed - Red/Navy
Gelert Double Rubber Airbed - Red/Navy

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Sturdy Bed, 13 Oct. 2010
I bought this Air Bed after a PVC bed let me down(!) after about three weeks. The bed is good quality and the rubbery smell disappeared after a couple of nights. It is quite easy to inflate, although the air inlet hole is very narrow and therefore takes a little longer to pump up than some airbeds. I have only had to top it up once in about six weeks, I use the bed nightly at home.
It is quite comfortable, but I found I had to move around a bit to get settled. As I am a bit creaky, I find air beds give me a better night's sleep than ordinary mattresses.

Fellowes Laptop Riser Notebook Stand - Black/Silver
Fellowes Laptop Riser Notebook Stand - Black/Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Stand, 21 Nov. 2009
This laptop stand has proved a great success. It is sturdy and does everything needed. There is one minor criticism I have - it does not fold flat, so it is a bit inconvenient if you want to put it in your bag or case.

The colour styling is good and will suit most situations, unless you happen to have a coloured laptop.