Profile for K. Wilson > Reviews

Content by K. Wilson

K. Wilson "skatz" (Denmark)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Colour Edn)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Colour Edn)
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars Colour edition, wonderful, 25 Sept. 2012
This is a review for the colour edition of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Colour Edn) It is fabulous! I have bought it for my daughter's 6th birthday and I know she will love it as it really helps bring the story alive with yummy sweets. It is nice to have so many pictures illustrating the story because it is quite a wordy book. I cannot wait to read it to her, I think she will be very attentive which she isn't always if there are not too many pictures in a chapter book.

The Princess Mirror-Belle Collection
The Princess Mirror-Belle Collection
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Donaldson humour for the older child, 24 Sept. 2012
My daughter is almost 6 and she loves this collection! She thinks Mirror-Belle is so naughty but vey funny too! I do have to explain some words to her but it holds her attention as a first chapter book. I think this book is perfect for 6-8 year old kids, especially girls as a change to all the cutesy fairy/ animal books (my daughter likes them too!)It reminds me of a modern naughty Amelia Jane, I really look forward to seeing what Mirror-Belle gets up to next too!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2013 4:06 PM BST

Perfect Patterns Colouring Book (Pretty Patterns)
Perfect Patterns Colouring Book (Pretty Patterns)
by Beth Gunnell

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, 11 Sept. 2012
These colouring books are gorgeous and are printed on lovely thick paper. Do look at the preview because they are not like regular colouring books, some parts are already coloured in but I think they are very special and perfect for keeping in the cupboard for birthday presents for my daughter's friends. They would particularly appeal to girls that are very careful and exact when they colour.

Father Christmas Needs a Wee: Book and CD
Father Christmas Needs a Wee: Book and CD
by Nicholas Allan

5.0 out of 5 stars Appeals to a toddler's sense of humour!, 11 Sept. 2012
My dd will be 6 this Xmas but I am sure we still read this as it has become a bit of a tradition. As a toddler she thought it was hysterically funny that Father Christmas wees like the rest of us. You can almost feel his relief at the end! We have a tradition of new pyjamas and a book on Xmas eve and this is perfect for that.

Beautiful Home Colouring Book
Beautiful Home Colouring Book
by Katy Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars These colouring books are fabulous!, 11 Sept. 2012
My daughter has a few of the girls colouring books and as she likes to take them to her nan's and colour togther we decided to buy this more grown up one for nan for Xmas. The quality of these books is very good and they have wonderful, interesting drawings. I am pleased to see there is a new girls one The Beautiful Girls' Colouring Bookwhich I will get for dd and I hope her and nanny will have hours of fun together!

Honey's New Friend (Kitten Club)
Honey's New Friend (Kitten Club)
by Sue Mongredien

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series for young girls, 11 Sept. 2012
This is the fourth book in the Kitten Club series and my daughter has enjoyed it as much as the others. I recommend it for girls between 5 and 8, especially if they love animals, particularly kittens. My daughter loves getting to know the different girls and their kittens and wishes she was a member of a kitten club!

Ziggy's Big Adventure (Kitten Club)
Ziggy's Big Adventure (Kitten Club)
by Sue Mongredien

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute series, 11 Sept. 2012
This is a very sweet series for young girls and a good first chapter book as most pages have pictures. Each book centres around one girl and her kitten whom belong to a group of 6 girls who meet up once a week and talk about and their kittens The girls appear to be tween age but there is no make up talk or anything like that, all innocent and sweet! My daughter is almost 6 and she has really enjoyed the books. This one is number 3 in the series though they can be read as stand alone books.

The Magic Finger
The Magic Finger
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, fun book, 11 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Magic Finger (Paperback)
This book was one of my favourites as a little girl and I am very happy to say it is now one of my daughter's too! If you have a young animal lover they will love the consequences that happen after the family next door shoot ducks! Roald Dahl really had a special talent, I love the fact that his books appeal to a youngsters sense of humour without being PC all the time

Beginners: Tigers (Usborne Beginners)
Beginners: Tigers (Usborne Beginners)
by James Maclaine

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with Usbourn Beginners, 11 Sept. 2012
Another great factual book for youngsters that like facts. I think these are perfect for the 4-7 age range and this one about tigers is a particular favourite of my daughter.

Prisoners' Wives [DVD]
Prisoners' Wives [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonas Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant drama, 11 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Prisoners' Wives [DVD] (DVD)
I am sure I am not the only one that expected this to be fluffier than it was (I'm thinking Footballer's Wives, Army Wives and Desperate Housewives) but this is proper drama. The acting was believeable and the storyline very interesting, honestly it was the highlight of my week. I am also hoping for series 2 because they left it open for much more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17