Profile for K. Wilson > Reviews

Content by K. Wilson

K. Wilson "skatz" (Denmark)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Daisy and the Trouble with Christmas (Daisy Fiction)
Daisy and the Trouble with Christmas (Daisy Fiction)
by Kes Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Had my 6 year old in fits of giggles, 11 Dec. 2012
First of all I will just say that our copy of this book didn't have the line Catherine C notes in her review, I would not have been happy about that either, they must have edited it out. As I said in the title my daughter found this book highly amusing, she loves Daisy and the fact she isn't a girly girl or a goody goody! This is the kind of book that is fun for the parents to read too so you don't feel like you are just relaying the same old plot again like with the fairy books, even I was wondering what Daisy had done, just like in the other "Trouble with .." books it is revealed at the end. The other thing I loved about this book is Daisy's belief in Santa, too many of these chapter books for very young kids talk about how the characters no longer believe in Santa or the Tooth Fairy and I want to prolong the magic as long as I can.

Melissa & Doug Jumbo Coloring Pad - Princess & Fairy
Melissa & Doug Jumbo Coloring Pad - Princess & Fairy

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, 10 Dec. 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Really nice colouring books at a great price. It is poster size and the prints are only on one side so can be hung on the bedroom wall afterwards. This book would suit the youngest princess fans because it has thick lines to colour inside while appealing to older girls because they are also quite detailed. They really are perfect books to have in the cupboard for birthdays.

The Girl You Left Behind
The Girl You Left Behind
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved this!!, 3 Dec. 2012
I didn't know whether to give this 5 stars because It wasn't as good as Me Before You though I figured that there wasn't a star rating high enough for that book so why should this 5 star read be punished, know what I mean? There are already reviews explaining the plot so I will just say read it! It didn't have me feeling the violent emotions of MBY but it was just as moving in its own more subtle way. I will definitely be seeking out more of Jojo's books, she is a very talented writer and obviously puts in a lot research before writing her books and I don't get the feeling that she knocks out a book after book due to contractual obligations like I do with others.

Weight Loss Cardio Kick [DVD]
Weight Loss Cardio Kick [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like kickbox workouts you will love this!!, 28 Nov. 2012
I am a fitness dvd enthusiast and I particularly like kickboxing because it is an all over great workout, you burn calories and stregnthen your muscles, I used to always seem to work out my bottom half and neglect the top but I am now losing the bingo wings and have some definition! What I love about this dvd is it is simple to follow after a few runs, the instructor is clear and not at all annoying and there is no specific ab work. I know some people would miss the ab section but kickboxing is a fabulous core workout by itself and as I want a slim mid section and not a boxy muscley stomach I am happy there are not any floor exercises (look up Britney spears syndrome if you don't know what I mean!). The only negative about this dvd is that it is not good if you have dodgy knees, ther is a lot of squatting and lunging, my knees are ok but twinge a bit afterwards. Overall though this workout flies by, is fun and useful because the menu dvd lets you spilt it up and only do one section with warm up and cool down without having to select everyting seperately.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2014 8:28 AM GMT

I Can Read With My Eyes Shut: Green Back Book (Dr Seuss - Green Back Book)
I Can Read With My Eyes Shut: Green Back Book (Dr Seuss - Green Back Book)
by Dr. Seuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Suess is king of kids rhyme!!, 27 Nov. 2012
A wonderful little book about the delights of learning to read. Totally silly as usual and has my daughter in stitches and is a challenging tongue twister for me. I am surprised Dr Suess is not more popular in the UK, some of the references in the books are quite American but I would say they are pretty universal, I can't imagine a kid not liking them (or a grown up!!)

Dr. Seuss: A Classic Treasury (5 of Dr Seuss' best-loved tales omnibus)
Dr. Seuss: A Classic Treasury (5 of Dr Seuss' best-loved tales omnibus)
by Dr. Seuss

5.0 out of 5 stars A superstar of a book!, 27 Nov. 2012
I have been reading my daughter Dr Suess books since she was a baby and she loves them as much now at 6 as she did then. We have a few of our own and have The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham as cartoons but don't actually own any of the stories in this book so I was delighted to find a book with her favorites in (we currently have How the Grich Stole Christmas from the library and I am having to read it aloud every evening!) This treasury has The Cat in the Hat, The Cat in the Hat comes Back, Green Eggs and Ham (my favourite!), Fox in Socks and The Grinch. I imagine this will be a book that stays on the shelf for years and will eventually be read to my grandchildren!

Cuckoo
Cuckoo
by Julia Crouch

4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining read - Warning - slight spoilers, 21 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Cuckoo (Paperback)
I must say I was pleasantly surprised i like this book but maybe it was because after reading the reviews I was expecting something far fetched. I don't know if the author was meant it but I found goody goody on the surface Rose to be just as horrendous as Polly with all her philandrings and excessive alcohol drinking whilst showing the veneer of the perfect middle class housewife and mum popping out a couple of loaves of home made bread on a whim and buying all her locally sourced produce which she makes into Nigella worthy meals everyday!! I actually loved the ending, these two unlikable women deserve each other!! This is a great read for the beach or a wintery, wet day indoors!!

20 Pop-up Christmas Cards to Colour (Usborne Cards to Colour)
20 Pop-up Christmas Cards to Colour (Usborne Cards to Colour)
by Candice Whatmore
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 20 Nov. 2012
These card are brilliant! Not only are they reasonably priced for a packet of 20 cards but they also provide entertainment for kids and are nice for family and friends to recieve. They are great quality and will be a fun festive activity to get us in the Xmas mood!

The Strongest Girl In The World (Magical Children)
The Strongest Girl In The World (Magical Children)
by Sally Gardner

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute story, 20 Nov. 2012
A little British girl wakes up suddenly super strong and becomes a huge star in the USA! It is a great story to read aloud if you are good at doing accents (I think my daughter found my bad American accent hilarious!) According to my daughter it was a great story because it shows girls can be tougher and stronger than boys and she should know because she is 6 so probably around the age of the target audience. It also focused on the sibling relationship with the big brother being a bit jealous but also protective and proud of his little sis. I found the parents quite funny in their Britsh way :D

Big Colouring Book (Usborne Colouring Books)
Big Colouring Book (Usborne Colouring Books)
by Anna Milbourne

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of entertainment, 20 Nov. 2012
This is a lovely colouring book with thick pages and great, fun pictures. I think a younger child would like this but it would also appeal to an older child who has recently started to read as there are captions with the pictures. There are some particularly girly pictures like butterflies but also bugs, ghoulies and robots so not just for the girls. i think this is a great present for a 4-7 year old.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17