Profile for K. Wilson > Reviews

Content by K. Wilson

K. Wilson "skatz" (Denmark)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Lots of Things to Find and Colour (Find & Colour)
Lots of Things to Find and Colour (Find & Colour)
by Fiona Watt
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous fun!!, 4 July 2012
I have bought this for my daughter as something to occupy her while we travel this summer. It is a lovely colouring book with quality paper and because you have to find things to colour has a bit more going on than the usual colouring books, I already know she will love it!

Sistema Slimline Quaddie Lunch Box, Pink
Sistema Slimline Quaddie Lunch Box, Pink
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars BPA free lunchbox, 4 July 2012
I think this lunchbox is great. My daughter was coming home from school informing me that we shouldn't be using tin foil or cling film so I went on the hunt for a box that could keep her lunch fresh but was also BPA free and this comes up at a very good price. There is a water bottle in the largest top section which we don't use but could be handy for some. In this section I put veggies and a small container of dip or crackers and cheese as a snack, the other two are good for berries, nuts, grapes, dried fruit. The bottom in spacious enough for sandwíches and a small fruit (a plum/small peach/banana) there is no space for an apple or larger fruit unless you cut it and then you have the whole browning problem (I sprinkle with cinnamon so it doesn't matter ;o)). It probably fits a packet of crisps if you send that but not a pot of yoghurt so I guess it depends on what you pack as lunches. I bought a seperate Sistema cereal pot for my dd to take fruit salad and yoghurt if she fancies but she has a fridge in her class. I actually bought another one of these from Ebay as they have it in purple and orange there and my dd is not keen on pink so I will be using this for salads and can keep snacks in the top as it is roomy. We have only had these boxes about a week so I can't comment on how hardy they are but if it lasts the school year I will be happy at the price, most BPA free lunchboxes are much pricier.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2013 5:34 PM BST

Smokey's Great Escape (Kitten Club)
Smokey's Great Escape (Kitten Club)
by Sue Mongredien
Price: 4.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely series for little cat lovers, 4 July 2012
My almost 6 year old daughter loves this series, each one focuses on a different girl member of the Kitten Club and her kitten. The girls and kitten s all have different personalities and the storylines are age appropriate and appealing for the 5-9 year age group.

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my god, what a book!, 29 May 2012
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
I haven't read chicklit for what must be 9 or 10 years but I couldn't ignore the amount of 5* reviews this book has, there must be something about it to make so many people feel like they have to put it out there, how amazing it is. I should have been revising for an exam but having around 100 pages left after forcing myself to sleep in the early hours of the morning I just had to finish it. It made me laugh, smile and cry, it transported me into that special place where certain books can make you forget everything going on in your real life. I would best describe it as tackling something serious, delicate and controversial in the same way as a Judi Picoult novel but with a good dash of British humour and wit. I will definitley read more books of Jojo Moyes but have a feeling none will quite live up to this first one I have read.

Vikings Beginners
Vikings Beginners
by Stephanie Turnbull
Price: 4.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little book, 26 May 2012
This review is from: Vikings Beginners (Hardcover)
Lots of great facts about Viking in this book. We live in Denmark and my daughter is bilingual so it was a fab introduction to the Viking history and we will be following it up with a museum trip. Usborne Beginner books are fantastic, they explain facts and illustrate in such a way that young kids find them fascinating. My 5 year old daughter often impresses people with facts she has learned from these books and she often has further questions so we end up going online and reading further which is a great habit for kids to get into.

Dangerous Animals (Usborne Beginners)
Dangerous Animals (Usborne Beginners)
by Rebecca Gilpin
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with Usborn Beginners, 26 May 2012
Another enjoyable and educational Usborne book. My daughter is becoming a mini encyclopedia with the help of these books! I always learn at least a few facts myself and this boo was no exception.

The Three Little Pirates (EARLY READER)
The Three Little Pirates (EARLY READER)
by Georgie Adams
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Three Little Witches..., 26 May 2012
but my daughter enjoyed it anyway. It is always nice to have a story about girl pirates and the illustrations are interesting enough for a non reader to look at by themself. The Three Little Witches is a favourite in our house so we were a little disappointed with the story.

Ginger's New Home (Kitten Club)
Ginger's New Home (Kitten Club)
by Sue Mongredien
Price: 4.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect chapter book for kitten loving girls, 26 May 2012
This is our first Kitten Club book but my 5 year old daughter is already crazy for Kitten Club! Each book is about a kitten and their girl owner, this one being about a shy girl called Amy who moves away from her friends and school to live in the country and gets a new kitten. The rest of the litter go to homes with other little girls (not sure how old they are but probably 9/10 tweenish age) and the girls make a club to keep in touch and discuss all things kitten! Very cute story which I think 5-10 year old girls will love. We have the next book already but I can see we had better order the rest of the series soon!

Thousands of Things to Spot (1001 things to spot) (Usborne 1001 Things to Spot)
Thousands of Things to Spot (1001 things to spot) (Usborne 1001 Things to Spot)
by Various
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value!!, 26 May 2012
Wow, I am impressed with this book! We already had the Fairy things and Wizard things to spot but this book contains 8 Things To Spot books all in one. My daughter is 5 and therefore counts much higher than 10 but she loves to look at the detail in the pictures and she can also learn the names of lots of insects and other things. I am sure as she learns to read in English she will enjoy this book even more but right now it is the perfect book for her to spend 10 minutes looking at on her own before lights out at bedtime. If you are looking at buying an Usborne Things to Spot book make it this one which is cheaper than buying two of the single spot books. I think my dd would have loved the farm things to spot book when she was very small so buying this book for a young toddler would probably mean they will have a book they will enjoy for many, many years.

Daisy and the Trouble with Giants (Daisy Fiction)
Daisy and the Trouble with Giants (Daisy Fiction)
by Kes Gray
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect first chapter book, 2 May 2012
This is our first grown up Daisy book and we are enjoying it so much! My daughter is 5 and she finds the competitiveness between Daisy and her best friend Gabby hilarious because it is exactly what her and her friends are like wanting to be first/the strongest/the fastest etc. It is a nice change from princess and fairy books that are the usual topic for young girl books (though she also really likes those fairy books by Daisy Meadows too). It mentions lots of fairy stories too and the author really knows how young kids think so it is amusing for parents too. Definitley buy for any kids that have enjoyed the Daisy picture books but have grown up a bit.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14