Profile for K. Wilson > Reviews

Content by K. Wilson

K. Wilson "skatz" (Denmark)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
The Girl You Left Behind
The Girl You Left Behind
by Jojo Moyes
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved this!!, 3 Dec 2012
I didn't know whether to give this 5 stars because It wasn't as good as Me Before You though I figured that there wasn't a star rating high enough for that book so why should this 5 star read be punished, know what I mean? There are already reviews explaining the plot so I will just say read it! It didn't have me feeling the violent emotions of MBY but it was just as moving in its own more subtle way. I will definitely be seeking out more of Jojo's books, she is a very talented writer and obviously puts in a lot research before writing her books and I don't get the feeling that she knocks out a book after book due to contractual obligations like I do with others.

Weight Loss Cardio Kick [DVD]
Weight Loss Cardio Kick [DVD]
Price: 6.78

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like kickbox workouts you will love this!!, 28 Nov 2012
I am a fitness dvd enthusiast and I particularly like kickboxing because it is an all over great workout, you burn calories and stregnthen your muscles, I used to always seem to work out my bottom half and neglect the top but I am now losing the bingo wings and have some definition! What I love about this dvd is it is simple to follow after a few runs, the instructor is clear and not at all annoying and there is no specific ab work. I know some people would miss the ab section but kickboxing is a fabulous core workout by itself and as I want a slim mid section and not a boxy muscley stomach I am happy there are not any floor exercises (look up Britney spears syndrome if you don't know what I mean!). The only negative about this dvd is that it is not good if you have dodgy knees, ther is a lot of squatting and lunging, my knees are ok but twinge a bit afterwards. Overall though this workout flies by, is fun and useful because the menu dvd lets you spilt it up and only do one section with warm up and cool down without having to select everyting seperately.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2014 8:28 AM GMT

I Can Read With My Eyes Shut: Green Back Book (Dr Seuss - Green Back Book)
I Can Read With My Eyes Shut: Green Back Book (Dr Seuss - Green Back Book)
by Dr. Seuss
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Suess is king of kids rhyme!!, 27 Nov 2012
A wonderful little book about the delights of learning to read. Totally silly as usual and has my daughter in stitches and is a challenging tongue twister for me. I am surprised Dr Suess is not more popular in the UK, some of the references in the books are quite American but I would say they are pretty universal, I can't imagine a kid not liking them (or a grown up!!)

Dr. Seuss: A Classic Treasury (5 of Dr Seuss' best-loved tales omnibus)
Dr. Seuss: A Classic Treasury (5 of Dr Seuss' best-loved tales omnibus)
by Dr. Seuss

5.0 out of 5 stars A superstar of a book!, 27 Nov 2012
I have been reading my daughter Dr Suess books since she was a baby and she loves them as much now at 6 as she did then. We have a few of our own and have The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham as cartoons but don't actually own any of the stories in this book so I was delighted to find a book with her favorites in (we currently have How the Grich Stole Christmas from the library and I am having to read it aloud every evening!) This treasury has The Cat in the Hat, The Cat in the Hat comes Back, Green Eggs and Ham (my favourite!), Fox in Socks and The Grinch. I imagine this will be a book that stays on the shelf for years and will eventually be read to my grandchildren!

Cuckoo
Cuckoo
by Julia Crouch
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining read - Warning - slight spoilers, 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: Cuckoo (Paperback)
I must say I was pleasantly surprised i like this book but maybe it was because after reading the reviews I was expecting something far fetched. I don't know if the author was meant it but I found goody goody on the surface Rose to be just as horrendous as Polly with all her philandrings and excessive alcohol drinking whilst showing the veneer of the perfect middle class housewife and mum popping out a couple of loaves of home made bread on a whim and buying all her locally sourced produce which she makes into Nigella worthy meals everyday!! I actually loved the ending, these two unlikable women deserve each other!! This is a great read for the beach or a wintery, wet day indoors!!

20 Pop-up Christmas Cards to Colour (Usborne Cards to Colour)
20 Pop-up Christmas Cards to Colour (Usborne Cards to Colour)
by Candice Whatmore
Edition: Loose Leaf
Price: 5.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 20 Nov 2012
These card are brilliant! Not only are they reasonably priced for a packet of 20 cards but they also provide entertainment for kids and are nice for family and friends to recieve. They are great quality and will be a fun festive activity to get us in the Xmas mood!

The Strongest Girl In The World (MAGICAL CHILDREN)
The Strongest Girl In The World (MAGICAL CHILDREN)
by Sally Gardner
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute story, 20 Nov 2012
A little British girl wakes up suddenly super strong and becomes a huge star in the USA! It is a great story to read aloud if you are good at doing accents (I think my daughter found my bad American accent hilarious!) According to my daughter it was a great story because it shows girls can be tougher and stronger than boys and she should know because she is 6 so probably around the age of the target audience. It also focused on the sibling relationship with the big brother being a bit jealous but also protective and proud of his little sis. I found the parents quite funny in their Britsh way :D

Big Colouring Book (Usborne Colouring Books)
Big Colouring Book (Usborne Colouring Books)
by Anna Milbourne
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of entertainment, 20 Nov 2012
This is a lovely colouring book with thick pages and great, fun pictures. I think a younger child would like this but it would also appeal to an older child who has recently started to read as there are captions with the pictures. There are some particularly girly pictures like butterflies but also bugs, ghoulies and robots so not just for the girls. i think this is a great present for a 4-7 year old.

Ivy and Bean Boxed Set
Ivy and Bean Boxed Set
by Annie Barrows
Price: 11.43

3.0 out of 5 stars I like these books less than I thought I would..., 20 Nov 2012
This review is from: Ivy and Bean Boxed Set (Paperback)
I am undecided about these books from what we have read so far. There is a fair amount of name calling and fresh talk in these books. Also a sensitive child may find the story about a ghost in the school quite scary /they actually talk about portals and exorcism!). My daughter has just turned 6 and I need to explain a lot of the American terms and she finds some of the stuff the kids do and say quite shocking and she is a cheeky little monkey herself!! What she does like and what I thought was good is that the book shows how the most unlikely people can be friends and how it is to be a good friend. We haven't finished book 2 yet and we have a few other books to read so unless my daughter requests it I am going to shelv it until she is older. I must say I am kicking myself for buying series 2 before we even read series 1!!

The Beautiful Girls' Colouring Book
The Beautiful Girls' Colouring Book
by Jessie Eckel
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colouring book, 11 Nov 2012
These colouring books by Buster Activity truly are gorgeous and made with a high standard of quality. My daughter already has theThe Gorgeous Girls' Colouring Book and The Girls' Colouring Book which I gave 5 stars each. This one has some lovely pictures which I know my 6 year old will love like snow globes, fancy elephants, carousel horses and dressed up dogs but if there was an option I would give this book half a star less than the other two because there are some pages which are maybe designed for an older girl who is interested in a bit of interior design like cushions, lampshades and plants which my daughter is not at all interested in. It is still a great colouring book which very young girls to teens can enjoy and it is much more fun for mums, big sisters or dads who have to colour with their girls than the standard thin paged generic books;o)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14