Profile for K. Wilson > Reviews

Content by K. Wilson

K. Wilson "skatz" (Denmark)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Top Tips from the Baby Whisperer: Potty Training (Top Tips from/Baby Whisperer)
Top Tips from the Baby Whisperer: Potty Training (Top Tips from/Baby Whisperer)
by Melinda Blau

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Tracy Hogg was not involved in the publication of this book!!, 29 Aug. 2012
This is a book that is a rehash of other books Tracy actually wrote. Sadly Tracy Hogg passed away in 2004 :( Her books "the Secrets of the Baby Whisperer" Secrets Of The Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect and Communicate with your Baby and "The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems"The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems (By Teaching You How to Ask the Right Questions): Sleeping, feeding and behaviour - beyond the basics through infancy and toddlerdom and "Baby Whisperer for Toddlers" are all still fantastic and relevant but these new books have just taken bits and pieces from her books and probably notes and interviews and published them as if Tracy Hogg had written them fresh, so deceitful! I am sure if Tracy was still with us she would have updated her books with the times and new advances in research but sadly she isn't here to do that though there is a wonderful forum in her honour where parents from around the world whisper their babies, toddler and children with Tracy's caring, respectful philosophy at the core.

The Old-Girl Network
The Old-Girl Network
by Catherine Alliott

5.0 out of 5 stars My first ever chick lit book back in the day!!, 27 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Old-Girl Network (Paperback)
I just stumbled across this while searching book reviews and remember it so fondly as my first foray into chick lit! I remember it being LOL funny back then when I was in my early 20s and I have it back on my to read list!

Charlie & Lola I Slightly Want to Go Home (Charlie and Lola (8x8))
Charlie & Lola I Slightly Want to Go Home (Charlie and Lola (8x8))
by Lauren Child

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter gives it the thumbs up!, 4 July 2012
My daughter is almost 6 and although we are reading chapter books I cannot see her love of Charlie and Lola diminishing soon! We bought this book just after she had a sleep over alone with her grandmother and although she had been so excited about it in the middle of the night she decided she prefers home (it was very noisy due to some celebrations in the area). I think this book helped her see it is ok to miss her own bed and mum and dad and that she isn't the only one! A good book to read little ones who find changes in routine a bit of a challenge, there is no solution but all turns out fine anyway.

Lots of Things to Find and Colour (Find & Colour)
Lots of Things to Find and Colour (Find & Colour)
by Fiona Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous fun!!, 4 July 2012
I have bought this for my daughter as something to occupy her while we travel this summer. It is a lovely colouring book with quality paper and because you have to find things to colour has a bit more going on than the usual colouring books, I already know she will love it!

Sistema Lunch Slimline Quaddie Lunchbox with Bottle, 1.5 L, Pink
Sistema Lunch Slimline Quaddie Lunchbox with Bottle, 1.5 L, Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars BPA free lunchbox, 4 July 2012
I think this lunchbox is great. My daughter was coming home from school informing me that we shouldn't be using tin foil or cling film so I went on the hunt for a box that could keep her lunch fresh but was also BPA free and this comes up at a very good price. There is a water bottle in the largest top section which we don't use but could be handy for some. In this section I put veggies and a small container of dip or crackers and cheese as a snack, the other two are good for berries, nuts, grapes, dried fruit. The bottom in spacious enough for sandwíches and a small fruit (a plum/small peach/banana) there is no space for an apple or larger fruit unless you cut it and then you have the whole browning problem (I sprinkle with cinnamon so it doesn't matter ;o)). It probably fits a packet of crisps if you send that but not a pot of yoghurt so I guess it depends on what you pack as lunches. I bought a seperate Sistema cereal pot for my dd to take fruit salad and yoghurt if she fancies but she has a fridge in her class. I actually bought another one of these from Ebay as they have it in purple and orange there and my dd is not keen on pink so I will be using this for salads and can keep snacks in the top as it is roomy. We have only had these boxes about a week so I can't comment on how hardy they are but if it lasts the school year I will be happy at the price, most BPA free lunchboxes are much pricier.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2013 5:34 PM BST

Smokey's Great Escape (Kitten Club)
Smokey's Great Escape (Kitten Club)
by Sue Mongredien

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely series for little cat lovers, 4 July 2012
My almost 6 year old daughter loves this series, each one focuses on a different girl member of the Kitten Club and her kitten. The girls and kitten s all have different personalities and the storylines are age appropriate and appealing for the 5-9 year age group.

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my god, what a book!, 29 May 2012
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
I haven't read chicklit for what must be 9 or 10 years but I couldn't ignore the amount of 5* reviews this book has, there must be something about it to make so many people feel like they have to put it out there, how amazing it is. I should have been revising for an exam but having around 100 pages left after forcing myself to sleep in the early hours of the morning I just had to finish it. It made me laugh, smile and cry, it transported me into that special place where certain books can make you forget everything going on in your real life. I would best describe it as tackling something serious, delicate and controversial in the same way as a Judi Picoult novel but with a good dash of British humour and wit. I will definitley read more books of Jojo Moyes but have a feeling none will quite live up to this first one I have read.

Vikings Beginners
Vikings Beginners
by Stephanie Turnbull

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little book, 26 May 2012
This review is from: Vikings Beginners (Hardcover)
Lots of great facts about Viking in this book. We live in Denmark and my daughter is bilingual so it was a fab introduction to the Viking history and we will be following it up with a museum trip. Usborne Beginner books are fantastic, they explain facts and illustrate in such a way that young kids find them fascinating. My 5 year old daughter often impresses people with facts she has learned from these books and she often has further questions so we end up going online and reading further which is a great habit for kids to get into.

Dangerous Animals (Usborne Beginners)
Dangerous Animals (Usborne Beginners)
by Rebecca Gilpin

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with Usborn Beginners, 26 May 2012
Another enjoyable and educational Usborne book. My daughter is becoming a mini encyclopedia with the help of these books! I always learn at least a few facts myself and this boo was no exception.

The Three Little Pirates (Early Reader)
The Three Little Pirates (Early Reader)
by Georgie Adams

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Three Little Witches..., 26 May 2012
but my daughter enjoyed it anyway. It is always nice to have a story about girl pirates and the illustrations are interesting enough for a non reader to look at by themself. The Three Little Witches is a favourite in our house so we were a little disappointed with the story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17