Profile for K. Wilson > Reviews

Content by K. Wilson

K. Wilson "skatz" (Denmark)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Above Reproach
Above Reproach

2.0 out of 5 stars Has potential but is a let down, 15 Aug 2014
This review is from: Above Reproach (Kindle Edition)
I must admit I am shocked at all the 5 star reviews! So first the good and that is the plot had potential. Unfortunately the cheesy descriptions made it feel like a teen novel, e.g: "Paige regarded Olivia's mass of chesnut hair, five feet ten long legged frame and large sparkling hazel eyes." :eyeroll: It also seemed poorly researched and just too unbelievable. It is like this novel couldn't make up its mind whether it was a chick-lit romance or a thriller! It was very light on the crime details and the investigation team were more suited to working at the local station on the programme "Heartbeat"! This book is not for seasoned criminal/thriller readers. And I would just like to recommend that those who gave it 5 stars should read something by Peter James or Tess Gerritsen, but beware! If you thought this was 5 star worthy then you may just find your pants explode when reading a real thriller!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2014 4:19 PM BST

The Magic School Bus: Complete Series 1 [DVD]
The Magic School Bus: Complete Series 1 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational cartoon, 9 Aug 2014
Wonderful and educational! All the episodes have a science/nature theme. Very American but my daughter loves that and learns something about the culture of being a school kid in the US. Such good value for money and lots of facts learnt.

Monster High Double Feature: Friday Night Frights / Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love? [DVD] (2013)
Dvd ~ Dustin McKenzie

5.0 out of 5 stars Frightfully good!, 9 Aug 2014
There was no chance of this being less than 5 stars for my Monster High fanatic! Such great value for money as there are two cartoons on this and they have been watched multiple times over. I was surprised to find the cartoons usually have a moral theme about friendship too.

Busy Dog Bonnie (Walker Racing Reads)
Busy Dog Bonnie (Walker Racing Reads)
by Bel Mooney

5.0 out of 5 stars For dog loving boys and girls, 9 Aug 2014
I can't believe these books are not more popular! They are about a cute but cheeky little dog and her owner a young boy whose mum and dad are divorced. Not at all soppy so perfect for girls and boys who love dogs. My daughter particularly likes the ends of teh chapters when we hear what Bonnie is thinking from her dog point of view. Such gems :)

Thermos 0.47 Litre Stainless King Food Flask, Red
Thermos 0.47 Litre Stainless King Food Flask, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps food hot or cold for hours, 9 Aug 2014
Wonderful! As other reviewers have said preheating is essential as is having some sort of liquid but if you follow those instructions then food is hot for 6 hours easily. I am so happy with this Thermos. I even use it to keep my salads fresh in the summer.

Daisy and the Trouble with Coconuts (Daisy Fiction)
Daisy and the Trouble with Coconuts (Daisy Fiction)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 9 Aug 2014
We love Daisy and the Trouble with books in our house but this one is probably one of the most enjoyed of all. Daisy goes to tyeh fair with her grandparents and is spoiled in that special way that grandparents are known for. Of course it doesn't all go smoothly and the book had my daughter giggling a lot at naughty Daisy!

Daisy and the Trouble with Maggots (Daisy Fiction)
Daisy and the Trouble with Maggots (Daisy Fiction)

5.0 out of 5 stars Daisy does it again, 9 Aug 2014
Kes Gray cannot go wrong with the Daisy books in our house. I think I enjoy them as much as my 7 year old daughter does! This one had my daughter begging her dad for a fishing trip though I am not sure if it is for the fishing or all the treats Daisy insists are needed on a trip!

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be a film., 9 Aug 2014
This was one of those books that I have been meaning to read for a long time because it always pops up as recommended. Despite that I didn't really know what to expect and was very pleasantly surprised at how wonderful this book was. It has a bit of everything - humour, great characterisation, realism and some serious drama. I had previously read "What Alice Forgot" by the same author but this one was even better. I could imagine this being made in to a very successful Australian film, it would have to be Australian to bring the wit and character of the book to life.

Before We Met
Before We Met

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth reading!, 9 Aug 2014
This review is from: Before We Met (Kindle Edition)
Loved this! keeps you guessing and kept me up late because I was so intrigued about how it would end. I must admit I kind of guessed but was curious about the details. A great bit of escapism from reality!

One Perfect Summer
One Perfect Summer

3.0 out of 5 stars Far-fetched and high school romance like!, 9 Aug 2014
I am probably a bit old and jaded for this kind of chick-lit but I was swung by the cheap Kindle price and reviews! Probably a nice bit of escapism for chick-lit fans.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15