Profile for Frenchie > Reviews

Police Academy
Police Academy
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars I have always like Police Academy, 13 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Police Academy (Amazon Video)
Well, I have always like Police Academy. It was a pleasure to re-seeing it again after a long time. If you want a good laugh and not something too deep. well this is the film. A bit corny at times but surely fun.

Senchanting Gothic Punk Faux Leather Corset Bustier TOP Skirt Plus Size Biker Girl Costumes (Black, X-Large)

4.0 out of 5 stars Size 12-14 good if you are nearly a 14., 13 Jun. 2015
The corset is great The material is supple, It is not as cheap as I expected. It fits well, I got a size 12-14 and I would say I am more 14 than 12 and it is fitting well.
Only one big problem, unless you are two, on your own it would be impossible to fasten the corset. It fastens at the back, and I had to ask my niece to do it up for me. I tried to fasten it from the front and turn it around but I got stuck.
Ok for the skirt, though I wouldn't go out in it, it is very, very short. As for the tong, well, honestly, I did not try it on. Looked a bit too kinky for me and to wear faux leather there, no, not my style, lol. I guess for some, it would sexy to wear it with their partners.
It is a fun corset that does the job. Makes a smaller waist. Makes you feel good, kind of an 80's Madonna. Great to wear under a shirt too.
Please note: I received it free for evaluation. This is my honest review about it.

Honeywell HT900E Turbo Fan
Honeywell HT900E Turbo Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Number1 for being safe and child friendly., 13 Jun. 2015
I really wanted to give this fan five stars. It deserves it but there is one nagging thing and that is the power lead is short, about 1.50m (well for me, it is not very long). So, be aware of this.
I bought it for my 16 year old son who is disabled with learning difficulties and is always feeling too hot in summer. I leave the fan on setting No 1, the lowest, and put it on a safety extension cord and my son can turn it on and off by pressing the button on the extension lead when he is lying on the floor or on his bed. Otherwise, the setting button on the fan itself is a little bit hard to access and to turn. It is pretty powerful at close range but if the fan was walled mounted, you would have to leave it on a higher setting.
It is not a bit fan, more like a desk fan but what I really like is that the mesh protecting the (plastic) blades is very tight. There is no way my son could put his fingers through the gaps and hurt himself. That is the best part of the fan. It is child friendly. Before, I could not leave any fan next to my boy for fear of him hurting himself as he would try to put his fingers through the gaps to feel the blades. Honestly, I am totally at peace now.
Other than this, all other reviewers have commented on it excellently, size, power, pros and cons, so there is nothing left new for me to say except than it is very sturdy too and the base is steady.
Oh by the way, it does not oscillate. You can direct the airflow up or straight manually but it does not go down, right nor left. For me, not a problem but maybe for others, it might be, so I just mention this.
Bottom line, I am very happy with this purchase. It is an excellent fan, safe, sturdy and with a good airflow.

Eliimo Perfecting Finish Sponge - Make Up Blender - Flawless Complexion Foundation Applicator - Hypoallergenic Pro Beauty Blending Sponge - Black
Offered by EliimoBeauty

5.0 out of 5 stars An elegant makeup sponge, 13 Jun. 2015
First, I was very impressed with the packaging. The sponge comes in an elegant white box with a classy black writing. So, if you want to buy it as a present to any makeup enthusiast, you won't go wrong, It definitely has the look of a more expensive brand.
For the sponge: while I am not too keen on the black colour, the shape of the sponge is perfect. I am used to triangular sponges, so, I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Easy to hold and to keep a steady hand while applying foundation. It also blends the makeup easily.
The care of the sponge is very simple. You just wash it under the running tap, squeeze and it actually dries pretty quickly.
I store mine in its little black satin bag, pop it back into its original box because it looks good and it looks great on my dresser.
I definitely recommend it. Unusually shaped, reasonably priced, smart look and efficient. I have had it for two weeks now, used it every day and is still as new and it is as it should be.
Note: I received this product free for evaluation. This is my honest review. I will gladly buy another and I will gladly give as a present.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2015 11:20 AM BST

5-Pack Large Tena Washable Fix Pants - Holds incontinence pads in place!
5-Pack Large Tena Washable Fix Pants - Holds incontinence pads in place!
Offered by Drylife

5.0 out of 5 stars Look small and thin but they stretch a lot!, 27 May 2015
They are excellent. Don't be deceived by their looks when you received them. They look very small for a large size and they look thin but they stretch and stretch and are not tight on the patient.
I bought them for my 16 year old son who is 70kgs and 1.75m and wear Tena nappy super.
When I opened the packet, I went ''Oh no! too small'', and I was going to send them back. I did not even try them on him as I was so convinced that they would not fit. Then two days after receiving them, I thought that , in any case, I have them now, let's see how they fit. Now, bear in mind that I put two nappies on my son, because he usually takes one off as soon as my back is turned and he is bored. To my great surprise, they fitted perfectly and do not constrict him in any way. They do a good job by holding the nappy in place. Ordinary pants don't do this unless they are tight, and if they are too tight, then my boy would be uncomfortable.
My only little complain is that if they could go a little higher they would be even better. But it is possible they do not go high because of the bulky nappies.
Regarding the washing, they did not shrink and the quality seems the same. I usually wash on 40 degrees, long cycle. I would not put them in the dryer though, they dry pretty quick in the airing cupboard or on the line.
So go ahead and buy this product with confidence. I am buying a second pack to leave at his school. And when you open the pack, don't worry, they'll stretch.... a lot! You'll see.

USB KEYBOARD STYLISH QWERTY HOT KEYS UK LAYOUT FOR PC LAPTOP COMPUTER 628
USB KEYBOARD STYLISH QWERTY HOT KEYS UK LAYOUT FOR PC LAPTOP COMPUTER 628

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, good keyboard., 27 May 2015
I have been using this keyboard for nearly two months now. I am a fast typist and quite heavy handed. I don't have a problem with it. At first, when I received it, I worried because I found it a bit flimsy to the touch, but it is stronger than it looks. Believe me, if it can take the strain of my typing, then the keys are strong.
By the way, I bought it to use it with my laptop a Dell Latitude E4300 as I do not like typing on a laptop's own keyboard. I connected it with the usb and it works very well.
Now, there are quite a lot of grey keys at the top of the keyboard that I don't know what they are for. They each have a drawing under to show what they are but I still have not work them out. But it is ok because I don't need them, except one and it is the last one on the right.
So, if you are on a budget and you need a new keyboard, you can get this one without fear. Does not look much, but does its job well. And for the price, £4.99, what can you get nowadays?
I bought it solely on the strength of the 5 star reviews it got. And I was not disappointed.
p.s. If you are going to use it with a laptop, take note that you have to press the last grey key on the top right side every time you power up your laptop for it to work. It may be just with my Dell, I don't know, but just in case you have the same thing and you think it does not work, just press that key. It took me a while to work this out, so, I am passing on the tip...

Dell Latitude E4300 , MS Windows 7 Professional x32, Intel Core 2 Duo P9400 2.4 GHz, 2GB Memory, 160GB Hard Drive, 13.3 WXGA, DVD-ROM, Dell 3 Year Basic NBD Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars A great refurbished laptop., 27 May 2015
I bought this refurbished laptop two months ago. I am simply delighted with it. First, it looks like new, no scratches on the case, clean and shiny, just like a new laptop.
You have to know that I am a total technophobe but I only had to take it out of the delivery box (it was very well wrapped, by the way), put it on my desk, plugged it and connect to the internet. Now, I had a bit of problem to connect because it would not connect, so, I contacted the seller, Coolstuff2go and they were superb. Even though I called late, most probably after work hours, they still answered and guided me step by step. We could not resolve the problem as it was my network fault. So, I called Virgin and everything was solved.
I waited to write this review because I wanted to see how the laptop would perform. Since then, I added a few programs, uninstalled others and my laptop still performs brilliantly. I found that Windows 7 Pro works better with Chrome than Firefox, faster.
The keyboard and mouse were fine but I treated my laptop to an external mouse and an external keyboard. This is because I type fast but I also have a heavy hand and I mess up all laptops' keyboards. I don't blame the machines though, I just get an extra keyboard to extend the laptop's life.
My only complaint is that the laptop has only 2 usb ports. As I am using external mouse, keyboard and a laptop cooler, I had to buy a Usb hub. I would not take a star off for this. I am too pleased with my laptop.
n.b. the battery life: about one and half once charged. It is not bad for a refurbished laptop.
So, yes, I am happy and as soon as I have some spare money, I will get another one. It comes with most popular programs. It did not have Movie Maker but I downloaded it and no problem at all.

Battery for iPod Video 60-80GB/iPod Classic 160GB, 850 mAh
Battery for iPod Video 60-80GB/iPod Classic 160GB, 850 mAh

5.0 out of 5 stars I assume he is happy with it, 24 May 2015
I bought this for my nephew's ipod. He needed a new lasting battery. He has been using it now for two months, did not complain so, I assume he is happy with it. The tools did a good opening his ipod without problems. Perfect transaction.

Pixnor P2016 Portable 7-in-1 Facial Brush Cleansing System Massager Face Cleanser Brush with 7 Brush Heads (Rosy)
Offered by PixnorStore

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as what I expected, 24 May 2015
Not as good as what I expected.
I was disappointed when it arrived. The massager does look quite cheap. I was hoping for something stronger. The motor is quite weak, even with expensive batteries and on the high setting.
The brushes and sponges are ok but I found the pumice stones too rough even on the lowest settings and believe me, the lowest setting is very low. They should not be for a facial massager.
But my real problem with it that I did not find it strong enough, both motor and body. This facial massager feels flimsy in the hand and it should also have an option for a plug in in the mains.

Please note that I received the product free for an evaluation. What I think is that you can achieve as much with just your exfoliation cream and a good face mask. I really wanted to try it because I never had one, but unless you are savvy to your beauty routine, you may use this product once or twice and leave it in its box. It is not that good.

PIXNOR 11 Pairs of 36cm Silver Stainless Steel Straight Single Pointed Knitting Needles with Different Size of 2.0mm /2.5mm /3.0mm /3.5mm /4.0mm /4.5mm /5.0mm /5.5mm /6.0mm /7.0mm /8.0mm
Offered by PixnorStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent needles and great value for money, 24 May 2015
I gave this set of knitting needles to my cousin whose passion and hobby is knitting. She told me she loves these knitting needles. They are sturdy, long enough, and the sizes are easily visible on the top of each needle.

They arrived as in the description, each pair in its own plastic sleeve. My cousin was very happy with the gift so, it means they are very good. She also said they were good value for money.

N.b. I received the sets free from the seller for evaluation. To my great regret, I am not a knitter this is why I gave them to my cousin. She is fussy when it comes to her knitting needles.

*Received from supplier to review this has not influenced my opinion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20