Profile for Ms. H. Winstone > Reviews

Content by Ms. H. Winstone

Ms. H. Winstone "OrchidBird" (Sussex, England)

Contigo Aria Autoseal Stainless Steel Travel Mug - 470 ml - Purple
Contigo Aria Autoseal Stainless Steel Travel Mug - 470 ml - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, 26 April 2012
I ummed and ahhed reading reviews before buying one of these, as they are not cheap. However I have not been disappointed, not one leak and lovely hot drinks. Great for camping and gardening where traditional flasks don't keep the heat in long enough, plus the great seal keeps all the muck out too! Beware though, when drinks are just made they will still be piping hot, never my problem though as my drinks are never finished before they've gone cold, so this is great.

NEW TRUESHOPPING POWERFUL GARDEN BATTERY POWERED ELECTRIC CORDLESS LAWNMOWER 36V

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, 26 April 2012
We have had one of these, from a different supplier. Initially it seemed fine, then the fuse went. Then another, then another. You get supplied with a few replacements but after that your on your own as you cannot buy that type of fuse anywhere. We contacted the company to buy them from them but you can't and they admit they are not available on general sale. I complained, so they sent us a whole new lawn mower. Great, you would think. Only now we are in the same position again, the fuses have blown. I now have two useless lawn mowers. A reall waste of money and resources.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2014 8:56 AM BST

Darlac Easy Cut Garden String Cutter
Darlac Easy Cut Garden String Cutter
Offered by Garden Selections

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 24 Mar. 2011
Neat little product, very useful for when summer is in full swing and there are lots of plants to tie up. Only disappointed I have lost mine when I got a new greenhouse.

Dualit  4 Slice Soft Touch Toaster Cream Finish 45002
Dualit 4 Slice Soft Touch Toaster Cream Finish 45002

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!, 24 Mar. 2011
I have previously bought much cheaper toasters, and baulked at the cost of the Dualit range. However after some rather dodgy toasters that would only toast one side, or only burn it or barely even bother to toast it at all I decided enough was enough. I have not looked back.

This gives you a consistent result every time, no matter how many times in a a row you use it. It fits in all sizes of bread as well as longer things like pitta breads, and thick bagels. It also has a good high lift out, so you can reach smaller items without gouging them out with a fork.

Now each time I use it I feel a little smile of satisfaction at a product that does what it says it will.

LeisuPod FD201P Adjustable Foldable Laptop Desk for In-Bed Computting/Reading in Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic product, 24 Mar. 2011
I spent ages looking through all the variations of this type of product before I bought, and I am not disappointed. This a really great and flexible desk. I have used on my desk as a stand for my laptop with an extra keyboard, and have been able to adjust the right height and angle. I also use a lot with my laptop when sitting in an easy chair. It lifts up the computer to a good working height, and keeps it stable, without having any of the weight on my legs (I have knee problems).

The adjusters on the legs are easy to use, and not at all fiddly, although it did take a few goes to get the angles the same each side (I suggest doing it on a hard flat surface. Although don't do what I did and try adjusting the angle of table with your laptop on it.....