Profile for Delfhill > Reviews

Logitech Z533 UK-Plug Multimedia Speaker System with Subwoofer
Logitech Z533 UK-Plug Multimedia Speaker System with Subwoofer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good speakers, excellent for a PC or similar, 29 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly the sound quality as this is the most important factor. At anything more than about half volume it can become a little tinny and the bass a little booming depending on bass setting. To put this in perspective, at normal volumes the quality is good, obviously commensurate with the cost of the system, but perfectly acceptable. I have tried it coupled up to a PC and a cheap TV and in both cases the transformation has been remarkable. Connected to a higher quality TV the improvement was minimal apart from the extra bass.
Connection is all wired which in my view is no bad thing having been disappointed with the performance of various WiFi and Bluetooth systems.Unfortunately the volume and bass control is also wired with a hefty cable and it is also possible to add a headphone cable and an AUX cable into this control, cables everywhere when a neater solution may have been possible.
The dimensions of the speakers are worth checking, the photos distort the relative sizes. Construction appears good and the units are attractive. I have used Logitech speakers for years with good results so expect no problems with these.

HyperX Predator PCIe Gen2 x4 (M.2) Internal SSD - 240 GB
HyperX Predator PCIe Gen2 x4 (M.2) Internal SSD - 240 GB

3.0 out of 5 stars Still trying to install., 29 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly an admission, I have not yet been able to install this, my 3 star rating is a compromise between what I expect it to achieve in the way of speeding up my PC based on the improvement I obtained after installing an SSD in my laptop and the difficulty I have so far experienced with this product, probably because of the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 620.
I feel I am reasonably competent regarding computers, but I am unable to sort this out at present.
Firstly I needed to buy an adapter, the HyperX Predator can be bought with one, but it seems the adapter cannot be purchased separately. In the end I bought a Lycom DT-120 PCIe 3.0 x4 Host Adapter for M.2 NGFF PCIe SSD. It took a little research to find out exactly what I needed.
The Acronis cloning system that comes with the Predator was, I hoped, going to make installation easy. Unfortunately with the Predator installed, the original HDD becomes disabled so I cannot access the 2 drives to clone across. Despite updating to the latest BIOS, there is no facility to alter this. I presume this is a reflection of the PC and the installed motherboard. I did not particularly want to do a clean install of Windows 7 onto the new SSD as I presume I will still not be able to access the old HDD that I was planning to use as storage.
So I contacted support from Kingston, explaining the problem, but I have heard nothing. My time limit for writing the review is now up and so I can only state the position at the moment and update later on.
Update, it would appear that the motherboard can only support two HDD drives, but still working on possibilities.

Igenix Liteway LW3252 Edison Screw Cap Energy Saving LED Candle Lamp 5 W - Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent warm white light, 24 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
An excellent bulb that gives a warm white light that seems more like a 40 watt equivalent than the stated 25 watt. Full power is achieved immediately unlike compact fluorescent bulbs and there is a very good even spread of light. With such low running costs and an almost indefinite life span this is an excellent update from incandescent bulbs.

Braun ExactFit 3 BP6100 Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with 2 Cuff Sizes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and highly accurate, 11 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The quality of this machine is evident as soon as you take it out of the box and the angled display is so easy to read. It is quiet in operation and does not pump up to an unnecessary high pressure unlike some other machines. It will store 50 readings for 2 people and also calculates an average. Two cuffs are supplied for differing arm sizes.
As a doctor used to more traditional syphgomanometers I am impressed by its accuracy and compared with other electric machines I have used it is a clear winner. Despite its high price it is definitely well worth it

Philips QT4013/23 Series 3000 Beard Trimmer
Philips QT4013/23 Series 3000 Beard Trimmer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great to take away when travelling, not so good for regular use, 11 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a stylish, neat and compact trimmer with easily adjustable depth settings by means of a rotary control. There is therefore no need for several different heads of various depths. It also comes with a useful carry pouch. Charging only takes one hour and apparently will last for 60 minutes use.
The rather small size meant that I found it difficult to achieve a uniform depth of cut, finding my wider older trimmer a lot easier. Also the head is not particularly firmly located, meaning that although you can dial in your desired depth to half a millimetre, in actual use the head can wobble a bit and reduces that accuracy.
What I will find this very useful for is when travelling, a full charge will last a long time, it is compact, has the carry pouch and will undoubtedly perform that function well.

Tefal Prelude Stainless Steel Kettle, 1.7 Litre, 3000 W, Silver
Tefal Prelude Stainless Steel Kettle, 1.7 Litre, 3000 W, Silver
Offered by dealsassured

3.0 out of 5 stars Tefal Kettle, 9 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Whilst this kettle is stylish with its satin finish it has some design faults. The main one being that the kettle is very hot to touch when it has boiled.
I found that the angular sided handle was not comfortable to hold. The bottom of the actual kettle seemed a little loose and the kettle did not sit flush onto the base. It was also quite heavy when full of water.
The kettle did pour well and boil quite quickly.

Top Trumps Penguins Cards
Top Trumps Penguins Cards
Offered by Premier Life Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Penguins galore!, 7 July 2015
This review is from: Top Trumps Penguins Cards (Toy)
Excellent top trumps set with lots of information about the Penguins. Just right for our grandson who is into penguins!

Fiskars Telescopic Universal Cutter
Fiskars Telescopic Universal Cutter
Offered by Johannes Lefeld GmbH - Preise inkl. Mwst.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but NOT an anvil head., 29 Jun. 2015
This is not an anvil head as described, but a bypass cutter. I would not have bought this if I had known as past experience has always proven that the anvil type is superior as bypass cutters can distort and then not cut properly. Having said that, the tool is typical Fiskar's quality and a joy to use, it is very easy to cut most branches, although 30 mm is an effort. Very poor instructions, I have only realised after reading a review that the cutter can be operated not only by the slider, but also by the ball on the end of the pole.

Ryobi CCC1801M ONE+ 18V Corner Sander (Body Only)
Ryobi CCC1801M ONE+ 18V Corner Sander (Body Only)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very effective versatile tool, 6 Jun. 2015
A very effective and versatile tool. I have just finished sanding down a narrow boat with one of these and although I had conventional 1/3 sheet sanders with me I never used them as this little sander was so good, simple to use and cordless. It gets into all the tight corners and the motor is surprisingly powerful, well up to the job. highly recommended

Silverline 969731 Brassed Steel Crimp Cup 100mm
Silverline 969731 Brassed Steel Crimp Cup 100mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective, 6 Jun. 2015
An excellent quick way for removing rust when used with an angle grinder. I have used these for years, usually a smaller version, and they are so effective. As others point out, eye protection is absolutely essential, the bristles can fly out at high speed and would penetrate the eye

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20