Profile for Gavin Rayner > Reviews

I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan
I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan
by Steve Coogan

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest autobiography of all time., 3 Nov 2012
I do love the book but you must buy the audiobook to really appreciate the subtleties and complexities of this wonderful autobiography.

Marvin and Milo: Adventures in Science
Marvin and Milo: Adventures in Science
by Caitlin Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorry son, but you are going to be a physicist, 3 Nov 2012
This is the first step in coercing my one year old into becoming a scientist. I will trick him with the fun stuff using household bits and pieces until he is tricked into loving QED and can explain it to me!

Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360)
Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars A milestone in gaming, 3 Nov 2012
There are few things more enjoyable (and less useful) than the Mass Effect trilogy. Gaming greatness perhaps bettered only by the Half Life series.

Mass Effect - 2 Disk Special - Classics Edition (Xbox 360)
Mass Effect - 2 Disk Special - Classics Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by DEP.PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars A milestone in gaming, 3 Nov 2012
There are few things more enjoyable (and less useful) than the Mass Effect trilogy. 60+ hours of gaming greatness and wasted life.

I Am a Pole (and So Can You!)
I Am a Pole (and So Can You!)
by Stephen Colbert

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as much a children's books as you might think, 3 Nov 2012
Love everything Colbert. Miss the Report after living in the US for four years and have to get my fix somehow.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2012 7:37 PM GMT

Only by the Night
Only by the Night
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Apparently there are more then two songs on the album, 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: Only by the Night (Audio CD)
I wouldn't know though as I have only heard two. They are very good though and I really could (and do) listen to them over and over again.

An Idiot Abroad: The Travel Diaries of Karl Pilkington
An Idiot Abroad: The Travel Diaries of Karl Pilkington

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny, 3 Nov 2012
A perfect companion to the TV series. It is rare to find such honesty today, and if nothing else Karl is honest!

Sony TDGBR250 Rechargeable 3D Glasses
Sony TDGBR250 Rechargeable 3D Glasses
Offered by EBUYSHOP

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, they make you look silly, 3 Nov 2012
Not enormously comfortable when you think about it but that is only when you are not being blown away by the amazing 3d images. I use them with my hx853 and am amazed whether watching animated features like Cloudy with a chance of meatballs or live action like The Hole.

The Hydrogen Sonata: A Culture Novel
The Hydrogen Sonata: A Culture Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars When we will see a Culture movie? (So I can say its not as good as the books!), 3 Nov 2012
In between the novels I seem to forget just how much I enjoy them. If you like giant space operas with style and substance you can do far worse than read this. I still cannot decide whether I would want to live with the Minds in charge or not.

The Science of Education: Back to School
The Science of Education: Back to School

5.0 out of 5 stars For anyone wanting to improve learning, 30 Oct 2012
Very much enjoyed reading up on the latest educational research. It validates some of the work I am doing and gives ideas for future lessons. Everyone with an interest in the learning of children, both parents teachers and ideally the students themselves should read it.