Profile for postj84 > Reviews

Hampton Glass Black 6 x 4"x6" H Multi Picture Photo Wall Fram
Offered by frameUP
Price: 23.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Quality, 10 Oct 2013
High quality frame and my photos look great in it. Will probably buy another one in the very near future.

1977 [East West Release]
1977 [East West Release]
Offered by Leisurezone
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album!!!, 10 Oct 2013
loved loved loved this album...had to re-buy this as I lost my original copy. A must listen for any Ash fans or music in general.

A California Childhood
A California Childhood
by James Franco
Price: 13.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Franco Gold, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: A California Childhood (Hardcover)
Loved this collection of tales and stories alongside some pretty talented artwork from Franco's past. I can't help but think this is only going to interest people that are fans of the man himself however, others who are not may find it a bit pointless.

Running With Scissors
Running With Scissors
Price: 4.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm, 10 Oct 2013
This book sounded like it would be right up my street which promises humour and an insight into a what sounds like a very curious upbringing but somehow this book left me feeling somewhat unsatisfied. I couldn't connect with any of the characters and felt that the whole thing just seemed a bit too crazy to believe. There were some parts that I enjoyed and I was left feeling incredulous at some of the predicaments that this poor boy was put into but I am sorry to say that I will probably forget that I ever read this book within a matter of months.

A Density of Souls
A Density of Souls
Price: 1.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!, 10 Oct 2013
First Christopher Rice book that I have read and I loved it, this writer is on par with his famous mother. Don't expect any similaritoes in stories though, there is no vampires or ghouls in this....just great writing.

Maurice
Maurice
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Maurice (Kindle Edition)
Spent most of this book feeling sorry for main character but was happy for him in the end. Well written and was a pleasure to read.

Finding Shakespeare (Kindle Single)
Finding Shakespeare (Kindle Single)
Price: 0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Really boring, 29 Sep 2013
For such a short piece of work I really struggled to get through it. It jumps all over the place and I had no idea what the writer was talking about for most of it. Really dull.

The Universe versus Alex Woods
The Universe versus Alex Woods
Price: 4.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and touching., 29 Sep 2013
Alex Woods is a hilarious character to read, I laughed out loud at many of his statements. His relationship with Mr Peterson is lovely to read, really touching moments. I also loved this book for all the science facts and references to other books! Has made me really want to read Kurt Vonnegut, he is referenced pretty heavily. Good read.

I Am Legend (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
I Am Legend (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
by Richard Matheson
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing and very interesting read., 29 Sep 2013
I bought this book as it was on the recommended reading list for an english literature class I am currently taking. I am not familiar with any other Richard Matheson books and my only knowledge of the story was based on the Will Smith film version, which I thought was awful by the way. I was worried that having seen the film of this story, it would ruin the book for me. However, by the second chapter I had completely forgotten about the film and was hooked on this much darker tale. Robert Neville is a much darker and the sense of isolation he suffers is much more intennse in this story. The flashbacks are haunting and you feel a true sense of loss for Robert which wasn't there in the film. His frustrations and and torment is all the more real. The twist at the end is astounding and really makes you think, and makes the title of the book have so much more meaning than what the film portrays. It is also a great re-invention of the classic vampire stories, I loved the science within it. Is a book that will really make you think and will have you frantically reading to find out what happens next.

The Importance of Being Earnest
The Importance of Being Earnest
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 29 Sep 2013
I have only read one other Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Grey, which I really didn't enjoy at all so I approached this with a feeling of already not liking it. I have to say however I was wrong. The characters are really quite funny and the absurdity of the attitudes they have towards each other is unbelievable. I laughed out loud at some statements they made to one another. Perhaps Oscar Wilde is a much better playright than novelist, am much more eager to read more of his work after this.

Page: 1 | 2