Profile for Joe > Reviews

Ultimate Kylie
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Kylie, 26 Nov 2004
This review is from: Ultimate Kylie (Audio CD)
This Kylie collection is exactly what I have been waiting for. It contains all of her best songs from "Kylie" up to "Body Language", including all of my favorites like "Better the devil you know", "Can't get you out of my head", "Spinning around", "Confide in me", "Step back in time" and more. This is probably the most comprehensive Kylie compilation out there right now. Her early tracks have been digitally remastered beautifully. I also like the fact that the songs are divided into 2 discs. The first contains all of her SAW hits, and is perfect for your next 80s dance party. The second is more contemporary, and is the genesis of Kylie's career in the past 5 years. My only complaint is that some tracks from "Let's get to it" have been left out, namely "Word is out" and "If you were with me now", as well as "Your disco needs you" and "Some kind of bliss" from "Impossible princess". Since each disc roughly chalks up to 60 minutes, I don't see why the record label couldn't have beefed up each disc a little with a few more tracks.
Other than that, "Ultimate Kylie" is probably the best hits compilation I have bought this year. If you enjoy pop music, you should definitely buy this! It stands alongside Madonna's "The Immaculate Collection" as one of the best pop diva hits collection ever.