Profile for R. Jewell > Reviews

American Sniper
American Sniper
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars A good film interrupted, 26 Aug. 2015
Unfortunately the streaming spoiled an otherwise excellent film. For the first hour the film was interrupted every five minutes, sometimes much less. Like to see the whole film uninterrupted to confirm my opinion of the film.

Morphy Richards 720020 9-in-1 Upright and Handheld Steam Mop, 1500 Watt
Morphy Richards 720020 9-in-1 Upright and Handheld Steam Mop, 1500 Watt
Offered by Hughes Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job(s) you hate quickly and easily, 12 Mar. 2014
We have textured tiles that the old mop and bucket could not shift the ingrained dirt trapped in the contours of the tiles. We then had to scrub with a scrubbing brush on hands and knees and we have a large kitchen and extension tiled with the same tile. With this steamer we only need to give it the once over. We do this on a weekly basis - just as before, but the difference is very noticeable. Clean and sterilised. We can move across onto our wooden floored lounge(4mx7m) and continue the cleaning without changing the mop or the cleaning fluid like we did before. We also used this appliance on the carpets (stubborn stains still need a cleaning solution or spray). I have cleaned and sterilised the oven (still need strong oven cleaner as well), sterilised the fridge and used it to defrost the freezer(15min job). We have used it in the shower and around taps to help remove lime scale. With all these bathroom cleaning jobs we used a lime scale remover to break down the limescale and used the steam cleaner to remove it. A fantastic product, well worth the money. It gets used every week and so far we have not met any negative issues. My mother and my daughter now intend to buy one too.
We researched the Murphy Richards against several other brands and visited several retailers both online and on the high street. The Murphy Richards was the most economical and the best reviewed. The AMAZON PRICE was the cheapest available at the time.

Vitamin B Complex - 100% RDA, high strength vitamin B complex. 360 Tablets
Vitamin B Complex - 100% RDA, high strength vitamin B complex. 360 Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars Special offer, 12 Mar. 2014
I bought these on special offer 2-4-1. This made these the best buy on the internet. Fortis health are a reputable company, at least one that I recognised.

Epson 24 Series Elephant Multipack Ink Cartridge
Epson 24 Series Elephant Multipack Ink Cartridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality Ink, 13 Aug. 2013
This pack of inks provide the complete refresh set for my Epsom XP-750 but like all quality inks they are very expensive. I tend to alternate with a compatible set which costs less than £12 and does almost the same job at a quarter of the cost. For me it depends whether I am needing top quality photos (for family or friends) or next best quality for my albums!!

A History of English Food
A History of English Food
by Clarissa Dickson Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and Informative, 22 Dec. 2011
A book to read from cover to cover or to dip in and out of, just like a recipe book in fact.

A good mix of food facts and historical anecdotes, it is not just a list of recipes through the ages. It is well researched and manages the blend of 'food recipes' and historical exposition in a well balanced way.

Well written, Dickson Wright's style is such that you can imagine her speaking directly to the reader in her enthusiastic yet intimate way.

Certainly not a dry read which occasionally "The History of..." books can become, the author maintains a lively entertaining pace throughout.

A thoroughly enjoyable and informative read.

Logitech MX 620 Wireless Laser Mouse
Logitech MX 620 Wireless Laser Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Laser Mouse, 1 Jun. 2010
Bought the MX620 as it seemed the closest replacement for the one that shipped with the LX710 keyboard/mouse.

I had had problems with the LX - the slide bar having a life of its own and driving me mad, that and the fact the scroll wheel stopped working on the mouse meant I had to look elsewhere.

The MX620 is a better mouse that the LX710 having faster response times, smoother action and a very sensitive and responsive scroll wheel. You can spin the wheel with your finger and the page scrolls in response, ie fast.

Not an expensive purchase but thoroughly recommended.