Profile for violet godding > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Tefal Subito Stainless Steel Filter Coffee Maker, Black
Tefal Subito Stainless Steel Filter Coffee Maker, Black
Price: 19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars tefal subito stainless steel filter coffee maker, black, 25 May 2014
It does not hold enough water for more than 4 cups. When the second light comes on to show its hot enough I found the coffee almost cold so I have to leave it on longer before dispensing the coffee. I am not very pleased with it.

The Disenchanted Widow
The Disenchanted Widow
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The Disenchanted Widow, 29 April 2014
Cristina McKenna certainly knows how to put worries and stress into words but she also throws a lot of fun into this story. Being a tad fed up with detective books this one was a real treat to read. I found the merging of different characters very clever. I shall certainly be reading her other books.

Fogarty: A City of London Thriller
Fogarty: A City of London Thriller
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Fogarty: A City of London Thriller, 26 Mar 2014
Just not my cup of tea but each to their own!ts probably because I have read similar to this before.

Full Dark, No Stars
Full Dark, No Stars
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ASIN BOO4B8UTY4 Full Dark No Stars, 4 Sep 2013
I have read a lot of Stephen King's books but I don't think I'll live long enough to read all his books as there are so many. On reading your Authors Notes I realised that I do laugh and gasp at these extraordinary stories. I always explain to people who ask about these books that his stories are almost not believable but almost are. His way of getting into peoples minds and puts it into words is incredible.A good case for a jury to mull over. I thank him for his insight.

It's All About Treo: Life and War with the World's Bravest Dog
It's All About Treo: Life and War with the World's Bravest Dog
Price: 2.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Its All About Treo, 11 Aug 2013
What a passionate story. I couldn't help holding my breath for both Dave and Treo in the hope they would come out OK. It is such a hopeless and stupid war with a total loss of good lives.

The Survivor
The Survivor
Price: 5.49

1.0 out of 5 stars The Survivor, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Survivor (Kindle Edition)
Boring, long drawn out narrative. watching paint dry is more interesting. I could only stand about three quarters of this book before I gave in.

The Nudists
The Nudists
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Nudists, 26 July 2013
This review is from: The Nudists (Kindle Edition)
This is a very clever, humorous book with great dialogue. It lifted my spirits after spraining my foot. the characters really come alive.

The Man Who Won
The Man Who Won
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars the man who won, 26 July 2013
This review is from: The Man Who Won (Kindle Edition)
interestingly different. my only criticism is "where do you find a man who always gives into his wife and then feels sorry for her when finances become difficult". When you find one let me know!. This story is well written without needless details.

Red Azalea
Red Azalea
Price: 4.12

1.0 out of 5 stars red azalea, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Red Azalea (Kindle Edition)
just a boring read. i can't say much more. i only read about 4 chapters and gave up. didn't inspire me at all

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars inferno (Robert Langdon Book 4), 30 May 2013
Dante: Inferno (Penguin Classics)I loved The De Vinci Code and am loving Inferno. I am reviewing this book now to have a clear memory of it's contents. Dan takes the reader on a wonderful trip into places where we can feel like the only tourist there seeing and learning things for the first time. I didn't realize how fascinating Florence is but I am in no rush to go there as Dan is already taking me there in his book. Its obvious there has been an enormous research behind this story.Its the first book that I would read again just to be sure I didn't miss anything and I don't want it to end. You've done it again Dan.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3