Profile for Isey > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
French Children Don't Throw Food
French Children Don't Throw Food
by Pamela Druckerman

4.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't sure about it at the start but was won over, 8 Sept. 2013
The reviews I had read here almost put me off this book. Then the opening chapter made me think the author and I were polar opposites.. She loves ' best friends guide to pregnancy' and I hated it,, she didn't like ' what to expect when you're expecting' but I liked it.
I read this just before I (an Irish woman) moved from the UK to Luxembourg. I had a 20 month old with another on the way. It gave me a great insight to how the French regard upbringing their children... And the Luxembourgers aren't dissimilar. The crèches are run in the same way, with particular regard to mealtimes. I have adopted some of the advice such as little or no snacking between meals, and giving a course of vegetables before dinner while my daughter is hungry. My daughter now greets sales assistants, babysitters etc.. With bonjour, and says merci and au revoir after every interaction. Indeed as an adult, it has taught me to be more respectful and greet people in a courteous, polite manner. It's amazing the difference in experience.
I probably docked one star as its a little anecdotal, but still a good read.

JVL Black 50 pack thin velvet space saving non-slip coat hangers
JVL Black 50 pack thin velvet space saving non-slip coat hangers

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these hangers, 8 Sept. 2013
Great price. Neater than wooden hangers so fit nicely more in wardrobe. Felt / velour means clothes don't slip off. Brilliant value.

BEMA Baby Armbands (12 Months-6 Years)
BEMA Baby Armbands (12 Months-6 Years)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 8 Sept. 2013
Have used these over the past 4 months with my 23 month old daughter. No problems at all. Good price and delivery

Orchard Toys Flashcards
Orchard Toys Flashcards

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Orchard Toys Flashcards (Toy)
I got these for my daughter at 20 months. 4 months on she still plays with them, and loves to play guessing games with them... Even with her grandparents on Skype. Well worth every penny.

superior Double strap Maternity Support belt back posture support s- xl
superior Double strap Maternity Support belt back posture support s- xl
Offered by Active Orthotics

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Sept. 2013
I damaged my back in my eighth month of pregnancy and found out I had a problem with the sacro iliac joint. Had to wait two weeks to see an osteopath so got this in the meantime. Made a world of difference, especially in reminding you not to twist and bend in aggravating ways. Better price than similar products. Hard to wear sitting, or over long periods of time but certainly gives relief.

Aurora 5 inch Yoohoo and Friends Fairy Penguin
Aurora 5 inch Yoohoo and Friends Fairy Penguin

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 8 Sept. 2013
Bought this for my new arrival. Her 2 year old sister has had a similar yoo hoo toy since birth and adores it. Small for little hands and an easy travel companion in buggies, maxi costs etc..

Little Blue Lamb Toddler / Childrens Girls Squeaky Pink Shoes Sandals - White Flower UK 5 / EUR 22
Offered by Zippytots

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy but check sizes!, 8 Sept. 2013
I ordered these for my 23 month old daughter. I had just had her measured for shoes and she is a 5/22. We bought shoes from Clarks in this size on the day which were perfect. When I ordered these a few days later in the 5 they were way bigger. She is growing into them but not ideal and tricky for her walking development. Very well made though. Would recommend removing the squeak before giving them to a child as this scared her off and upset her the first try.

Large Drywipe Magnetic Whiteboard - Home & Office (1200mm x 900mm)
Large Drywipe Magnetic Whiteboard - Home & Office (1200mm x 900mm)
Offered by ODL Packaging

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, badly packaged, 8 Sept. 2013
Very happy with product. Nice and light for fixing to wall. Only problem was corners weren't covered with polystyrene foam so two got damaged in transport. Had to superglue back before hanging.. Not the end of the world but could be avoided.

VonHaus 15x Vacuum Assorted Sizes Space Saving Clothes Storage Bags Packs
VonHaus 15x Vacuum Assorted Sizes Space Saving Clothes Storage Bags Packs
Offered by Designer Habitat

4.0 out of 5 stars Will do the job, 18 Mar. 2012
these bags are great. Very easy to use. Plenty of sizes to choose from but for some reason the smallest one has no vacuum unit on it, may be an oversight. Only comment is that the 'zipper' gadgets are tricky to get a hang of - you're better off using your hands. Fantastic for shrinking bulky duvets and clothes.

Silver Head Scalp Neck Stress Relax Massager
Silver Head Scalp Neck Stress Relax Massager
Offered by EF-Cloud.

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 18 Mar. 2012
I was trying to match one my mom has and this one was perfect. Plenty of 'fingers' that do the trick! Enjoy!!

Page: 1 | 2