Profile for Melanie D > Reviews

Content by Melanie D

Melanie D (In the East End, luv)

Page: 1 | 2
Superga 2750 Cotu Classic, Women's Low-Top Sneakers, Pink (Paradise Pink), 8.5 UK (42 1/2 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite shoes, 21 July 2016
I've spent most of my life since the age of 5 wearing sensible, neutral coloured shoes, because with my big feet that was mostly what was on offer in my size. And then I accidentally bought these, that had been sitting in my basket while I tried to research sizing - I had a Fresh order in prep at the time and hit the wrong button as I checked out. So I was surprised to receive a pair of pink shoes I hadn't knowingly ordered, but at least figured it was worth trying them on to check out the sizing before sending them back to get the right size in a different colour.

What can I say? I put these incredibly loud shoes on my feet and they made me smile, and they fit beautifully. I put them away as I still wasn't convinced by the colour, but having tried them on again, I discovered I was once again smiling at my amazing pink shoes, and decided that any pair of shoes that could make me smile simply by looking at them was mine for keeps. Turns out they make other people smile when I'm out and about, and I get lots of compliments on them.

Slazenger Kids Juniors Boys Woven Three Quarter Tracksuit Bottoms Pants Black 11-12 (LB)
Offered by You Love a Bargain

2.0 out of 5 stars so maybe OK for a kid built more like a string bean, 21 July 2016
Slightly odd cut meant it split at the seams within 24 hours of my son starting to wear them. He's solidly built with muscly thighs, so maybe OK for a kid built more like a string bean. Sizing wasn't accurate in my view, as we did go by measurements to select the size.

Foddr British Turkey Thigh Mince, 500g
Foddr British Turkey Thigh Mince, 500g

5.0 out of 5 stars and stays nice and moist, 21 July 2016
Tasty and lean, and stays nice and moist, as you'd hope from thigh mince. We tend to use it for stuffing tomatoes and peppers, but also goes well in meatballs and lasagne in place of beef mince.

Warburtons Gluten Free Seeded Loaf, 560g
Warburtons Gluten Free Seeded Loaf, 560g

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, gluten free and doesn't just fall apart like some, 21 July 2016
As a coeliac, I've tred a lot of gluten-free breads in hope that maybe, just maybe, this time someone has cracked it. As it stands, this is really not at all bad. It's tasty, it holds together well, and it's good enough to use in my coffee shop to make bacon sarnies and ham and cheese toasties, unlike some other GF breads I could mention... yes, Genius, I'm looking at you here.

There's still a little too much xanthan texture when you chew it, which is why it only gets 4 stars, but in all honesty I might have rated it 5 stars before I tried the new artisan loaf and sourdough, both also from Warburtons. They've spoiled me for anything else!

Warburtons Gluten Free White Sourdough Cob
Warburtons Gluten Free White Sourdough Cob

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best gluten-free toasting bread ever, 21 July 2016
Oh wow. I bought this hoping for great things, as gluten free bread can be a bit hit and miss, but having tried the various sliced loaves in the Newburn Bakehouse range I felt it was worth the extra cost to try something I'd not eaten in years. Mind thoroughly blown by how good this bread is, especially lightly toasted. You can add smashed avocado for the full Shoreditch experience, but I stuck to good butter and a bit of apricot jam. Trust me, if you have a coeliac in your life, they will love you for getting this.

Yeoman & Tiller Dry Cure Air Dried Smoked Bacon Lardons, 160g
Yeoman & Tiller Dry Cure Air Dried Smoked Bacon Lardons, 160g

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly delicious, whether you fry them until crispy and ..., 21 July 2016
Utterly delicious, whether you fry them until crispy and sprinkle them over salad, or use them as an ingredient in a casserole. Very low water content means there is little shrinkage compared to a lot of lardons.

MENS SUPERGA 2750 COTU PREMIUM CANVAS LOW CUT PLIMSOLL TRAINERS UK SIZES 8-12
MENS SUPERGA 2750 COTU PREMIUM CANVAS LOW CUT PLIMSOLL TRAINERS UK SIZES 8-12
Offered by SoYouShoes

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought these for my husband as I love my own Superga, 21 July 2016
Bought these for my husband as I love my own Superga. Even allowing for Italian shoes to be sized down slightly and ordering up a touch, he has found the shoes are a little narrow, although is open to the idea that they may wear in a bit over time. In general, though, he finds them comfortable and practical, and they wash well in the machine.

Applaws Dry Cat Food Chicken and Salmon, 2kg
Applaws Dry Cat Food Chicken and Salmon, 2kg

5.0 out of 5 stars How to not feed your cat junk food, 16 July 2016
I'm fortunate that my cats' vet is a strong proponent of prevention over cure. Cats are not metabolically designed to eat anything other than protein, and the high carb content of food like whiskas et al is causing an epidemic of feline diabetes. This food is the answer. My cats love it, their coats are glossy, and they are very healthy. Highly recommended.

Orzly® - New Certified USB 3.0 (Multi-Colour Pack) of USB-C to USB-A Male Data & Charging Cable (3A/5V) - For Use With Oneplus 2, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL and Many More
Offered by G-Hub

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust, great for fast charging, 14 July 2016
Absolutely love these cables, which are the perfect accompaniment to my Nexus 6P. Having previously been geared up to power via micro USB, these cables allow me to use existing charging bases with the 6P, rather than having to shift everything across to USB C, which is ideal in a family where my husband has an iPhone and my son a Samsung S5 - there's a tendency for the place to look like spaghetti junction if we're not careful.

These cables are also very robust - I bought them as a replacement for a previous pack from Orzly, of which all the cables have ended up loaned to friends who've been reluctant to give them up, they're so good. Will definitely buy again if the need arises.

School Boys Uniform Sturdy Fit Half Elastic Back Shorts All Sizes Grey (Age 11/12, Grey)
Offered by Adventure Togs

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shorts for schoolboys who don't fit the mould, 14 July 2016
It gets deeply frustrating for me, as a mother, to try and find trousers that fit my son properly. He's not fat, but he's well built with wide shoulders and a deep chest, and actual muscles on his thighs. Clearly made to be a prop forward rather than a racing snake. Zeco shorts are as good as the long school trousers they also make. A good, comfortable fit that works on his shape and manages to look smart. Happy boy, happy parents.

Page: 1 | 2