Profile for E. A. Gonzalez > Reviews

Content by E. A. Gonzalez

E. A. Gonzalez "elchenuk" (Manchester)

Page: 1 | 2
Entrepreneur Revolution: How to Develop Your Entrepreneurial Mindset and Start a Business That Works
by Daniel Priestley

5.0 out of 5 stars The most important book I have ever read, 22 May 2014
This book, which I have now read 3 or 4 times has had a very deep effect on me. It is the most inspirational and motivational book I have ever read and as such felt compelled to write a review to urge you to purchase it.

If you are anything like me you will have the following feelings:
- urges to 'do your own thing'
- Hate answering to a person
- Get frustrated with having to work based on time schedules
- feel like a caged animal
- Feel like that there should be something else that you should be doing
- Have tried self employment various times
- Live for the weekend
- Can't wait until you retire so you can do all those fun things

and so on...

After my second failed attempt at trying to run my own business, a friend recommended The Entrepreneur Revolution. Suddenly all those feelings I've had, my previous failed attempts at starting a business, all made sense. I had been approaching my whole life and work the wrong way.
I can't stress how satisfying it is to be able to understand why things don't work and more importantly what to do to fix it. This book has taught me all of these things and more.

I apologise if I'm being ridiculously gushing about this book but I honestly think that this book is a blueprint to how you should try and live your life let alone become a succesful business person.

I have already started implementing many of the advice and strategies laid out in this book and things are starting to go from strength to strength. I'm not saying that this book will miraculously turn you into a business god, that is down to you, but it will give you the strategies that you need to implement to get you there.

Good luck
Eddy

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working, very frustrated, 9 Feb 2014
Bought this about a month ago and it worked fine for about two weeks and then my laptop stopped recognizing the mouse and keyboard. Spent hours looking around the internet to try and find a fix but no amount of deleting drivers, re-installing drivers etc would work. I've owned USB wireless keyboards and mouse before and never had this many problem. Very disappointed in this product.

Jawbone JamBox Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Black Diamond
Jawbone JamBox Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Black Diamond

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and amazing looks, 16 May 2012
Ok so I bought this lovely little device a couple of days and haven't stopped playing around with it (well once I had it out of the packaging!)

First impressions is that the build quality is excellent and looks great. It has rubberised top and bottom and then a metallic front and back. It is heavier than it looks. I dont know if this is just perception, but the weight gives it a feel of quality.
The sound from just a small device is awesome. OK so it is not going to compare to a proper Hi-Fi unit but for its size the bass is rich and the mid tones are clear. It has been playing my old hip hop tunes just fine over bluetooth.

Connected the Jambox to my ipad and iphone was really straight forward, which is not the same I can say for connecting to my PC. Turns out that my laptop needed a later version of the Bluetooth driver which is provided by Broadcomm [...] I seriously recommend you install these drivers on your computer (windows) before you pair the Jambox. Once I had the updated drivers installed I was able to use the Jambox as a speaker to play Itunes or spotify over Bluetooth.

I still haven't managed to get the Skype mic working on it yet but apparently it should work.

Thoroughly recommend the Jambox.

Trenton Leather Swivel Folio for iPad/ iPad 2 - Black
Trenton Leather Swivel Folio for iPad/ iPad 2 - Black
Offered by Academia Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof, 24 Feb 2011
The box states it is weatherproof which I should have known is a fancy way of saying it is not waterpoof. As any Ipod/Iphone user knows, water damage is one of the most common causes of dead Iphones and Apple don't want to know if they spot water damage. So imagine my disappointment when I took this case out on a typical wet Yorkshire bike ride. I had only been out for one hour when I noticed water droplets inside the case. I immediately took the phone out at and put in my bag. The next day I returned the case.
Admittedly the weather was horrendous but this is normal where I live.

Leonhard Heyden Unisex Adult Brighton Two Gusset Briefcase Brown Lh5733-003 M
Leonhard Heyden Unisex Adult Brighton Two Gusset Briefcase Brown Lh5733-003 M

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best purchases I have ever made, 13 Jun 2010
This bag is incredible, and for the price it should be! There is so much room that I manage to fit my ultra portable notebook, a4 pads, power supplies etc.
It looks incredible and its slightly smaller than the other Brighton Briefcase. Personally I prefer this size although you are more likely to fit a typical 13.3 laptop in the center compartment of the other Brighton.

I honestly think that this briefcase will last me a life time and although its over £200 I have never looked back.

Sony Bluetooth Laser Mouse (Black)
Sony Bluetooth Laser Mouse (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking device but fussy to set up, 13 Jun 2010
bought this a few days ago and on first impressions its a lovely looking mouse. Really well built and feels perfect in you hand. Unfortunately had some issues connecting the thing to my Windows 7 Sony Vaio. Tried a number of times to connect, and every time it would show up in my devices but would disappear shortly after. There was possibly something dropping the comms, such as a other bluetooth devices or wi-fi. I was about to put the mouse back in its box and send it back until I decided to pair the mouse by entering a key in the pairing screen. The instructions says if you are requested to insert a key to use 0000, so thats what I did and hey presto, it works.

Keysonic Compact Wireless Keyboard with Integrated Touch Pad (2.4Ghz Radio Frequency, Notebook Layout)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Media Computers, 17 Nov 2008
I actually bought this about a year ago and I have never had any issues with it. It works flawlessly, its responsive, light and robust (my little ones have thrown it around many times!)
I use it with a Mac Mini, and I just plugged in the USB dongle and it found the keyboard within seconds - the keyboard layout is for PC but its not a big issue.
I would definitely recommend this as your keyboard for a media pc.

The CSS Anthology: 101 Essential Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
The CSS Anthology: 101 Essential Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
by Rachel Andrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 13 Jan 2006
Absolutely great book! I've always found that I learn better when viewing examples or how others do things, this book is the same, it is a collection of 101 tips and every one is useful.
The author has painstakingly picked out the best tips and then goes on to explain how they work and how they were created.
If you are even remotely interested in CSS or need to learn this technology then get this book

Mountain Bike Guide, North Midlands: Manchester, Cheshire and Staffordshire
Mountain Bike Guide, North Midlands: Manchester, Cheshire and Staffordshire
by Henry Tindell

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book, 13 Jan 2006
This is a fairly new book, published last year in May yet the photos look dated almost '70s! Still the route descriptions and the accompanying detail are excellent. Every route is classified in to varying degrees of difficulty and the author has graded them according to what he believes are the better routes. There's also info on length of route, percentage off-road,where to get refreshments and so on. Overall the route descriptions were superb but the maps are very basic so an OS Landranger map is advisable.
The thing that disappointed me more though, was the choice of routes, the majority of them had a large percentage of road riding and out of 24 routes there were only 4 that had more than 60% off road. This is unfortunate if you're like me and prefer cycling completely off-road.
In all I would recommend this book if you are not too bothered about cycling on miles of singletracks or technical downhill, otherwise look elsewhere.

Epson Stylus Photo R300 Standalone Photo Inkjet Printer
Epson Stylus Photo R300 Standalone Photo Inkjet Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars reply to review, 6 Sep 2005
to bernard from sidmouth, the dark printing you are getting is a bug in SP2 for windows xp and nothing to do with the r300. I would recommend using the supplied software from Espon but take a look at this interesting thread for more info [...]

Page: 1 | 2