Profile for Judith Benson > Reviews

Ferry Tales
Ferry Tales
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Ferry Tales, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Ferry Tales (Kindle Edition)
I was really interested in this as I knew the area quite well.
The first half was great but after this I just couldn't carry on reading it I'm afraid and I do hate not finishing books!

The Egret
The Egret
Price: 0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The Egret, 31 July 2014
This review is from: The Egret (Kindle Edition)
This was such an easy book to read and once I started I didn't want to put it down!
I found it was one of those nice easy reads with a bit of a twist!
Would loved it to carry on once they were back in France!!! Well done, I shall look for this name again!

Two Old Fools in Spain Again
Two Old Fools in Spain Again
Price: 2.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Old Fools in Spain Again, 31 July 2014
Well what can one say? The next book charting Victoria and Joe's life in Span and it was brilliant!
I kept thinking as I have with those set in Spain how similar to where we live.
I did so love when The Reverend and his wife came to stay! I just wonder if they knew who they were staying with and the liklehood of the wife buying the book?????
It was really lovely to catch up with what I am sure other readers of Victoria's have come to think as friends, the inhabitants of her village and read about the comings and goings , it was tears and laughter a lot of the time!!
I was also very honoured to find Victoria had put 2 of my recipes in, Lemon Curd which I always have to say is amazing and Fig Jam. Really looking forward to hearing more about Victoria and Joe and not forgetting the Australian side of the family! Isn't Skype amazing so you can at least see family even if not in the flesh?
Hoping this is a great success ! You deserve it!

Dancing in the Fountain: How to Enjoy Living Abroad
Dancing in the Fountain: How to Enjoy Living Abroad
Price: 1.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Dancing in the Fountain, 19 July 2014
I was interested to read this book like quite a few I have read about an Ex Pat though from the U.S.A. and not from the U.K. relocating to Spain.
It is always interesting to hear about the experiences of others , which in this instance was quite different to ours as The McCann's moved to a flat in Seville whereas we are renovating( and have been for 10+ years) an old farmhouse in the "campo" in Almeria Province.
Many of the experiences are the same though and I kept thinking "that happened to us" many times while reading the book.
The information put in to this book is brilliant and invaluable to anyone wanting an insight in to the life here in Spain.
I will say that we have found the Health Service extremely good as I took my husband to Huercal Overa Hospital ,10 minutes from home at midnight on a Thursday and he was sent by helicopter to Almeria at 2pm Friday and came out of Theatre to go to I.C.U. at 6pm following an operation for an Aneurism of his Abdominal Aorta. Both hospitals and staff were brilliant!
Well done Karen on the book and I hope to hear more of yourlife in Spain and the U.S.A. of course!

Two dogs and a suitcase: Clueless in Charente
Two dogs and a suitcase: Clueless in Charente
Price: 1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Two dogs and a suitcase; Clueless in Charente, 21 Jun 2014
WOW!! I did so enjoy this book from the first page like all those I have read by We Love Memoir authors!
I always love stories about France as I love the country even though I live in Spain!
The trials and tribulations of renovating an old house and dealing with life as an Ex-pat is dealt with brilliantly!
The bit about Oradour I loved as I have also visited this place with my husband and it is a place to see to remind us of the evil that can be done by humanity to humanity!!
An excellent read and well worth buying, couldn't put it down and when I did the minute I sat down I had my kindle out reading!!! Well done Sarah, keep writing!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2014 10:40 PM BST

Into Africa: 3 kids, 13 crates and a husband
Into Africa: 3 kids, 13 crates and a husband
Price: 2.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Into Africa: 3 kids, 13 crates and a husband, 19 Jun 2014
I was so interested in reading this book as my first husband's parents went to live in Nigeria in about 1955 leaving my first husband in Boarding School in Brighton and his elder sister as his guardian and she was at University in London!
What an amazing women to cope with moving that far with young children but what an amazing adventure.
With the stories of servants, I seem to remember my first husband telling me one of theirs was called Chrysanthemum!!!!
Such an interesting read and I can thoroughly recommend it .
I feel very lucky that I got to read it a while ago. I look forward to any others you decide to write Ann!!

One year without the use of money
One year without the use of money
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars One Year Without the use of money, 19 Jun 2014
This was a strange book and another I probably wouldn't have got if not for my kindle and I did enjoy the story .
What you can do how you can manage without money. Interesting!

More Ketchup than Salsa
More Ketchup than Salsa
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars More Ketchup than Salsa, 19 Jun 2014
Moving from Barnsley, not far from where I go and stay in South Yorkshire to the trials and tribulations and bravery of opening a Bar in Tenerife!
Having bought an old farmhouse in Southern Spain and knowing the problems of dealing with paperwork etc with that without the added problem of working !!!!!
Would like to know everything went at the end of this story!

Mother, was it worth it? (Sell the Pig series Book 3)
Mother, was it worth it? (Sell the Pig series Book 3)
Price: 2.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Mother, was it worth it?, 19 Jun 2014
Having read the previous 2 books I was so looking forward to the 3rd one to continue reading about life in France for Tottie and she didn't disappoint.
You almost feel as though you are sat with her while reading!
Hope that isn't the last one! Keep writing!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2014 5:19 PM BST

The Diary Of An Inexperienced Father: months 4-9 (The Diary Of A Father Book 3)
The Diary Of An Inexperienced Father: months 4-9 (The Diary Of A Father Book 3)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Diary Of An Inexperienced Father., 19 Jun 2014
This took me back many years to when my daughter was born, she is nearly 38!
So funny at times , the coping with a baby and living!! Very good!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5