Profile for marye > Reviews

Bite: The most gripping thriller you will ever read
Bite: The most gripping thriller you will ever read
Price: 0.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Good start, shame about the rest., 12 July 2014
This has an interesting start, and though I read the whole story it became a chore! I found it violent, unpleasant in parts and the hero was somewhat improbable

World Smallest Folding Walking Stick - Black Floral
World Smallest Folding Walking Stick - Black Floral
Offered by Price Dropped UK
Price: 5.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 26 Jun 2014
No smaller than my normal folding stick. Folded into four sections not five as it appears in the illustration. I contacted the seller who sent me a prepaid label to return the item,

Under Milk Wood
Under Milk Wood
Price: 2.76

5.0 out of 5 stars great listening, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Under Milk Wood (MP3 Download)
I've been planning to buy this for some time and it just had to be Richard Burton's version. I first heard this many years ago and itg is just as good today.

Polly Pride
Polly Pride
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Story., 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Polly Pride (Kindle Edition)
I grew up in Manchester, though not this area, but I worked in Ancoats and recognized many of the streets mentioned. The story was not insipid as many of this type are. I felt that occasionally the dialogue was a bit further north than central Manchester but it did not spoil my enjoyment of the story and a non Mancunian would not know that. I am at present reading Daisy's Secret, another of Freda Lightfoot's books.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
Price: 0.59

3.0 out of 5 stars repetative, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Elizabeth (Kindle Edition)
Although I know it is a collection of letters and I presume they were faithfully copied, I found the use of pet names a little irritating but I appreciate they had to be included to remain truthful to the original letters. I think the next two books which deal with an older Elizabeth will be better.

Word Game
Word Game
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Habit Forming., 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Word Game (App)
Useful to fill in the odd minute, and you do want to better your highest score. I showed my young Granddaughter how to play recently and now she wants it on her tablet

Taming The Tiger-Your First Year with Diabetes
Taming The Tiger-Your First Year with Diabetes
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little book, 5 Feb 2013
Straight to point. Yes, it is written for the American market, but it is very encouraging and gives simple advice. Well worth the very small cost. Its amusing too.

5 stars

White Christmas with a Wobbly Knee (The Belchester Chronicles - 2)
White Christmas with a Wobbly Knee (The Belchester Chronicles - 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable, 25 Jan 2013
See my review on Strangeways to Oldham. This story is in the same vein, it is a poor copy of Miss Marples

Strangeways to Oldham (The Belchester Chronicles - 1)
Strangeways to Oldham (The Belchester Chronicles - 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright!, 25 Jan 2013
I initially bought this because because of the two places mentioned in the title, it has nothing to do with Oldham or Strangeways. Very lighthearted, a poor copy of Miss Marples but not as good. It's readable though.

GreatShield VIES Nylon Protective Sleeve Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Tab 3 (7.0 & 8.0 inch) / Tab 2 7.0, Googe Nexus 7, iPad Mini, Blackberry Playbook, Barnes & Noble NOOK HD, and others 7" & 8" inch Touch Screen Android aPad / ePad PC Tablet (Purple)
Offered by Kavyden
Price: 8.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 25 Jan 2013
I bought this for my Kindle Fire. It s very well padded and fits my Kindle Fire HD with only a tiny excess on the length, this does not matter as the interior of the case holds the tablet in position. Arrived sooner than expected. I can recommend this item.

Page: 1 | 2