Profile for monkeyface > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
More Ketchup than Salsa Boxset
More Ketchup than Salsa Boxset

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 3 Mar. 2016
Was sorry to reach the end of this story of bar life in the sun. Shows the bad as well as the good side of working in sunshine every day all day. We all love the life from a holidaymakers view, but only the brave or daft decide to make the other side of the bar their life and rely on visitors for their living.

Calling Me Home
Calling Me Home

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 20 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Calling Me Home (Kindle Edition)
Loved the gist of the book but slightly too much swapping between time and character. Fear of discovery was obvious once the couple met, and the difference of consequences they would have on the individuals involved was written in big letters. I would not have made the choices Isa made.

Hard Time: New Edition
Hard Time: New Edition

2.0 out of 5 stars Too hard for me., 28 Aug. 2015
Too near the bone for me. Couldn't read and eat at the same time. Very explicit account of circumstances set me thinking too much.

We Are The Cops: The real lives of America's police
We Are The Cops: The real lives of America's police

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 28 Aug. 2015
Not my cup of tea. Short accounts from each policeman as to how and why they joined the force.

Wrong Place Wrong Time: Gripping true story and how my ticket to a new life turns out to be a one way ticket to hell.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good old mum and dad., 28 Aug. 2015
This tale grabbed me straight away. It is true that there are more strange things in fact than fiction. There were a number of incidents that made me shake my head in disbelief, and sometimes he had only himself to blame for the outcome. His parents are typically his backbone, but as it shows we all have a limit. The outcome is amazing, and made me wonder as it seems to go against all the odds. Would definitely recommend, if only to show how being in the wrong place at the wrong time goes downhill, and there are always two sides to every news story. Don't believe all you reading he press.

It's Not What You Think
It's Not What You Think

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Gear, 13 Aug. 2015
Loved this and displayed over and over that the exuberance Chris Evans spreads around him works in so many ways to prove how he learned his trade from the bottom up and made even the most boring jobs an enjoyable experience. His mishaps along the way are dealt with in a fantastic spirited way with his kindness and high hopes shining through. He deserves every bit of success he gets and I hated top gear with clarkson but wish Chris every good wish for the success of the show. Great read.

Philomena: The true story of a mother and the son she had to give away (film tie-in edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad but true., 29 July 2015
Sad side of church authority at its worst. Having come from parents who were brought up in the strict rules operated by the Catholic Church in Ireland and moved to England to marry and raise a family, we were show the kind considerate side of Irish Catholicism. I understand both sides but agree with only my experiences. Individuals showed their worse side. Philomena lifts the curtain but there are still plenty more tales to be told.

Even More Ketchup than Salsa: The Final Dollop
Even More Ketchup than Salsa: The Final Dollop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 29 July 2015
Really enjoyed this. Nice easy read but strong feelings shone through and atmosphere shown. Shows what you can do when you have to.

99 Kids Jokes - Stampy Edition
99 Kids Jokes - Stampy Edition
by John Jester

5.0 out of 5 stars For the kids., 17 July 2015
Grandkids loved it. I couldn't understand it. Great.

The Ballroom Café
The Ballroom Café

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly my cup of tea., 17 July 2015
Not sure I would have read fully if there had been much more of the note writing. Good storyline which took concentration to follow. Convenient situations, not sure country folk would flock to tea shop and convenient supply of cakes. Nice read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5