Profile for Mogens H. Soerensen > Reviews

Content by Mogens H. Soer...

Mogens H. Soerensen "mogensec" (Denmark)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Eight Gigs a Week : The Steve Winwood Years
Eight Gigs a Week : The Steve Winwood Years

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderfuld compilation, blues, soul, rock and some pop - and Steve, the best english singer ever!, 22 Mar. 2015
This wonderful double cd-box has really grown on me. I have always loved Spencer Davis Groups most famous numbers like Gimme Some Lovin', Keep On Running, Somebody Help Me and I'm A Man, but there is so much more. What a fantastic fabulous singer, organplayer and pianist Steve Winwood is - what a voice, so soulful and "black", and actually a little sad, that Steve and Clapton never in their young days made more music together than Blind Faith. But it is not all Steve, I have always loved that great bass-sound of SDG and the guitarplaying is OK too, reminding me a bit of Animals. I am really glad, that I - after so many years hearing those numbers inside my head - found this great essential compilation.

Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live [Blu-ray] [2013]
Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ The Rolling Stones
Offered by Helen's Goodies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 8 July 2014
Very good presentation of the Stones to day. Just great film and music. I will love The Stones till I or they - who comes first! - die :-)

Mick Taylor
Mick Taylor
Offered by skyvo-direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Mick Taylor (Audio CD)
Was'nt what I hoped for. I got bored, even though I admire Mick Taylors guitar playing in general and loved his playing with John Mayall (especially "Blues from Laurel Canyon")and The Stones.

A Hard Road
A Hard Road

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fabulous and maybe underrated album with both Peter Green and John Mayall in peak performances, 1 May 2014
This review is from: A Hard Road (Audio CD)
This wonderful album is one my 3 favourite Mayall "moments" together with Beano-Clapton and Blues From Laurel Canyon. Here we have Peter Green at his best, but John Mayall is also in great shape.

Let The Good Times Roll:  The Music Of Louis Jordan
Let The Good Times Roll: The Music Of Louis Jordan
Offered by playanywhere

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Times Happy Blues, 8 Mar. 2014
It doesn't get better than this. Wonderful cd with a swinging B.B. in terrific form. I love this music. Perfect for a dance with you love, wife or friends.

Old Glory - Allman Brothers - Mens Skydog T-shirt Large Off-White
Old Glory - Allman Brothers - Mens Skydog T-shirt Large Off-White
Offered by Old Glory

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine T-shirt, but way too expensive!, 8 Mar. 2014
I like the looks of this Duane Allmann t-shirt, fine colour and print, but I bought it at a price of 13.91 GBP and ended up paying more than double, namely an addition of 15.79 GBP resulting in a total of 29.70 GBP for an ordinary t-shirt with a print!! Don't know if it was because of taxes, shipping and maybe US-import, strange because I used amazone.co.uk?

Purple Flip Wallet Leather CASE COVER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY i9100 S2 + Free Screen Protector, Cloth and stylus Pen Exclusive by ihomegadget
Offered by 32ndShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply OK, 25 Jan. 2014
Fine price = cheap. Works well. Nothing can go wrong. My wife loves it. Only problem could be, that maybe the smartphone has to be changed to a newer model soon...

Give Me Strength
Give Me Strength
Offered by Newtownvideo_EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful to hear all this music again!, 25 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Give Me Strength (Audio CD)
Since I am a huge Clapton fan and always has been, I can of course only love this great collection. 461 Ocean Boulevard was a wonderful return by the man himself, and I love almost all numbers on that record. Well, I have heard most of it before except the Freddie King cd, and have the records on vinyl, but with bonus numbers, outtakes, previous unreleased numbers and more, I still find this box fully worth the money. The blue-ray I can play on my blue-ray player, but I don't have speakers and stuff for quadrophonia, surround sound or whatever, so I would have preferred a biographic film from the sessions or about that period of Clapton's life. In the book there are some nice photographs and a short but well written text about the recording sessions and Clapton. But I actually still miss some kind of real biographic movie-story about Clapton and his time from the start till today, maybe one day...

Americana: The Kinks, the Road and the Perfect Riff
Americana: The Kinks, the Road and the Perfect Riff
by Ray Davies

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book by a great composer and storyteller!, 25 Jan. 2014
I found this book interesting and very personal, so I am happy to have read this part of the story about Ray and The Kinks. I had a little difficulty with the - missing or anyway camouflaged - chronology in the book, but anyway very well written. Ray is probably going to write even more in the future, I guess, because he has to write songs and stories to keep "living". With all that said, I have read biographies by ian McLagan of Small Faces, Mike Bloomfield, Al Kooper, Keith and Clapton and more, that was at least just as good and interesting, some of them even better in my opinion. The strange thing is I lost The Kinks after the first 3 or 4 years of their existence, maybe because they focused so much on USA and also because they lost some of the raw bluesy rock'n roll attack to the music (wonder if not Dave Davies will agree with me?). But in all fairness and to sum up, I can easily recommend this book, and I will soon go on reading Ray's book X-Ray.

R-Evolution - Deluxe Edition [Blu-ray] [2013]
R-Evolution - Deluxe Edition [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ The Doors

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't stand alone! An OK supplement!, 25 Jan. 2014
But a fine supplement to the other dvd's with The Doors out there! It is OK, but not fantastic. The booklet that follows is difficult to read because of layout, small text-size and pictures, but even then interesting, and I read it all with the help of a magnifying glass. The music we all know and love, but there is more to get on dvd to a fine prize, than this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4