Profile for andyaries > Reviews

Oklahoma! [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maureen Lipman
Offered by MeridianExpress

5.0 out of 5 stars ************wowies*************, 26 April 2004
This review is from: Oklahoma! [DVD] (DVD)
i first saw this about a month ago, after i got given the part of Curly ina local show, and this has to be the best stage performance of anything ihave ever seen, it was pure class!!!!! i loved it frm start tofinish,ESPECIALLY the dream ballet, i thought that was extremelybeautiful. i cant wait to get doing this show now with hopes that ours iseven a fraction of how good that show was, the woman who plays laurey, oki dont know her name but hey shes gorgeouse.mmmmm. anyways yeah buyit!!!!!! its so worth it!!!

Shadow Of The Vampire [2001] [DVD]
Shadow Of The Vampire [2001] [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Malkovich
Offered by Qoolist

4.0 out of 5 stars chilled to the bone, 26 April 2004
what a great film,i ordered this item with an open mind, with at the timejust having seen twenty or so minutes of the film, the opening ischilling, that music being so haunting and chilling, i fell in love withthis film ,its weird premise, its fantastic casting, another superbperformance from willem, anyways id give it a go if i were you, dontexpect a horror film full of 'velcum to my castle, my name isdraccuuullaaa' and all that maloney, this is much deeper and more twistedthan represented.

Closer (U.K. Version)
Closer (U.K. Version)
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars the man Josh!, 26 April 2004
This review is from: Closer (U.K. Version) (Audio CD)
as a teenager ive just hit the age where i can start to appreciate suchmusic like josh's, and dear god i have to say i love both his albums!!!itjust gets me going inside, after i listen to one of his cd's i just feelfull of life and love, with an immense care for the world, to not likethis album is just insane in my mind!
Don't be shy, give it a try!!!

Edward Scissorhands: Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK]
Edward Scissorhands: Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars its a kind of magic, 22 Mar. 2004
i first saw this film back when i was a wee boy now im a lanky teenager, whos only love for music is the musical masterpieces that emerge from the mind of danny elfman, after i saw this film it changed my childhood completely, i would sit in class and just dream away about finding my true love, and making as beautiful an ice sculpture like edward had done in the film, dannys enchanting and unique style of music has kept my imagination in action till this very day, i even sometimes lie in my garden at night in warm clothes, with my edward scissorhands cd and my headphones, staring up at the stars dreaming about the girl in my life, its what id say is the heaven on earth the excitement in my life. so my advice is if i a lad of my age and maturity can appreciate such beauty then so can you and believe me it is more than worth it! don't miss out mind that tom jones track seems to ruin it a tad for me the git!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2008 9:38 PM BST

Edward Scissorhands [VHS] [1991]
Edward Scissorhands [VHS] [1991]

5.0 out of 5 stars another tim burton masterpiece beyond 5 stars!, 10 Oct. 2003
A film by far in a league of its own, a mix of funny 1 liners like " wanna play paper rock scissors?" "nargh" "Why?" "Because im tired of always winning!"
ok so maybe not 1 liner but still humerous, but its also got that side to it with ever vincent price flashback which has you near dreaming, the talent of danny elfman (the guy who done the music for ed scissorhands and other greats like Batman and Sleepy Hollow) is beyond magical, me and my friend Isabel listen to the ice dance and just sail away in our imaginied boats on a nice calm river, yummy, this film will captivate you! i ve watched too many times and im still in love with it, with another fantastic performance by Johnny Depp who is in my opinion one of the greatest actors ever to grace our screen, and suprisingly enough winona ryder i feel it to be her best film, from the first time i saw edward i could relate myself to him so much, if this film wasnt made i dont think id be who iam am today. Excellent film ppl unline no other probably has the top spot on my list!
so go ahead and buy and watch to your hearts content
andy
x

What Dreams May Come [VHS] [1998]
What Dreams May Come [VHS] [1998]
Offered by pkeylock

4.0 out of 5 stars brill, 10 Oct. 2003
ok so how many words can you get out of a thesaurus that coincides with spectacular? this film is truly magnificent, its just one of those films which you dont get sick of, i used to watch it almost daily and im of a young adolescent age, and yes iam straight, thats how powerful a film it is! trust in me ladies and gentleman its a tear quencher, i loved every minute of it and i still do! its good to watch when your really angry or upset because you can just get rid of all your anger and float away or you can cry along with robin, lets face it, this film is underrated and should be in my opinion in the top 100 emotional films of all time. if you like a good depressing film with a really nice ending this is the one for you!
if this were a meal you were about to eat id say some of my del boy french thrases, oh what the hell!
Bon appetite
x
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2012 9:51 AM GMT

Titanica [VHS]
Titanica [VHS]

5.0 out of 5 stars something sad, 3 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Titanica [VHS] (VHS Tape)
the first and as of yet only time i have seen "titanica" i was sat there crying my eyes out over it, its a really touching and well thought out piece of work, trust in me! this is well worth the time and the money and as soon as i get paid this week i think i ll purchase myself one.