Profile for Madge > Reviews

Flight Behaviour
Flight Behaviour
Price: 3.66

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved ~Flight Behaviour, 8 Sep 2014
This review is from: Flight Behaviour (Kindle Edition)
Great book! I'll look at butterflies differently from now on. Also enjoyed the writing and family bits.
I thought it was going to be about flying in planes and was pleasantly surprised. I will certainly read
more books by Barbara Kingsolver.

A Walk Across the Sun
A Walk Across the Sun
Price: 2.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book. Very disturbing but is amazing what goes ..., 6 Aug 2014
A Walk ~Across the Sun. Very good book. Very disturbing but is amazing what goes on that we don't know about.
There are some very nasty people in this world!!

The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules
The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 22 July 2014
Another funny book. Nice summer read. Enjoyed.

The Extra Ordinary Life of Frank Derrick, Age 81
The Extra Ordinary Life of Frank Derrick, Age 81
Price: 1.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 22 July 2014
Enjoyed this book very much. Light reading and funny. Amazing how ordinary things can turn out funny.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars
Price: 2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The Fault in our Stars., 5 Mar 2014
John Green certainly kept me interested to the very end. Although the subject was very
distressing it was delivered with great sympathy and comedy. I will certainly read some
more of his work. Madge.

The Goldfinch
The Goldfinch
Price: 3.32

4.0 out of 5 stars The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Goldfinch (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book from the moment I started reading it. Since I got it as a kindle I didn't know how long it was
and by the time I got to 20% to go I was beginning to get fed up. I think it didn't need to be so long with too
much detail. I've still got to finish it but I want to see the outcome. I must say it is very well written just too
dragged out. Madge

Jamrach's Menagerie
Jamrach's Menagerie
by Carol Birch
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Jamrach's Menagerie by Carol Birch, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jamrach's Menagerie (Paperback)
I got to read this book with my Book Group and liked it so much that I bought two copies
for members of my family. I thought it was the most exciting book I've read for a long time.
Very well written and holds your attention completely. Reminded me of Treasure Island
which I read as a teenager. It has everything for a very good read. Madge.

The Color War (Kindle Single)
The Color War (Kindle Single)

3.0 out of 5 stars the colour war, 10 Jan 2014
I thought this would be good as I usually like Jodi Picoult but being
a short story I didn't find it at all interesting but well written. I have to say that
I have never been a fan of short stories.

Merivel: A Man of His Time
Merivel: A Man of His Time
Price: 3.66

3.0 out of 5 stars Merivel, 10 Jan 2014
This book is okay if you like this kind of thing. It was recommended to me but I'm not interested
in old style lords , kings etc. It is well written which is why I gave it 4 stars but it didn't grab me at
all, so I only read about 80 pages and then gave up.

In Falling Snow
In Falling Snow
Price: 4.19

4.0 out of 5 stars In Falling Snow by Mary-Rose MacColl, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: In Falling Snow (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. It's the story of a young Australian nurse in a village in France
during the war. Very descriptive writing of the suffering of the young men caught up in the
war.The story also goes to present day Australia where the heroine is living near her daughter
who is a doctor, so you get insight into hospitals too. The only fault I had was that it seemed to
drag on a bit but it didn't stop me from really liking it. I would definitely recommend it. Madge

Page: 1 | 2