Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "melony81" (Plymouth, UK)

Love Mei MK2 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928 Hybrid Case, Cover, Bookstyle Book Case, Cover with Stand Function, Case with Window (White)
Offered by Ninekingg

1.0 out of 5 stars OVERHEATS!, 2 Feb. 2016
Bought this on Ebay but couldn't leave review as item removed - brand new edge plus overheated in this, brand new replacement did same within 24 hours - solved by cutting out venting holes in rear rubber. No response from seller on Ebay. Be warned!!!

Duronic HDC01 - 2m/((360)) - 2 Metre HDMI Goldspec (Version 1.4|3D| Latest Technology) High Speed HDMI Cable - Premium 24K Gold Plated 1080p HDMI to HDMI Tilt/Swivel Lead - 2 metres - Perfect for PS3 PLASMA LCD LED 3D HD TV Virgin Box SKY HD SKY+
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 22 July 2010
I first purchased two of these cables and was so impressed that I then ordered a third! They are much better than the standard ones I had before (which cost more by the way): picture quality is excellent and they are very strong and tough looking. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

Dragonheart: Fantasy (The Dragon Books)
Dragonheart: Fantasy (The Dragon Books)
by Todd McCaffrey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as usual..., 6 Feb. 2010
I've just finished this book after having read it in 48 hours - at first I was dissapointed because I'd just re-read all the pern books in chronological order this time & was hoping for a story that continued in the tineline; then because it was set in the tine of the dragon-plague which one of the books had already covered. However when I got into it and invested in the main character, Fiona, I was hooked and pleasantly surprised that the story was not centered on the plague (which is so sad & makes me cry when the dragons die) but on Fiona herself & her struggle to become a weyrwoman. I am now eagerly awaiting the continuation of this story in Todd's next book, Dragongirl. I am a little concerned bacuse the synopsis for that one states that it's partly about the plague but I am dying to know what happens to Fiona and her friends so will forgive him for that. However please, please Todd write a story soon to continue the timeline on please? I want so much to know how the Dragon riders cope after the end of thread and their new star watching role... and I'd love to see a new contact with the Federation and perhaps the re-awakening of AIVAS in a time of dire need? Anyway, if you've ever read even a single pern story and liked it, this book is for you. And for all you pern fans out there, I'd heartily recommend you to read all the stories in chronological order - it's much better that way. Sariel's Guide to Pern is a great site for getting the order...

The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children)
The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children)
by Jean M. Auel

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book series ever written!!!, 20 Oct. 2009
I first read this book over twenty years ago and was instantly hooked! I remember waiting 10 years for the Plains of Passage to be published and being afraid it never would! I bought it the moment it was published, as I did for the Shelters of Stone and I am very excited to have just pre-ordered book 6 - the final book in the series. I've lost count of the number of times I've re-read the series and the number of copies I've had to re-purchase as the old ones fell apart. I've read hundreds and hundreds of books - I'm a real book worm but have always loved this series and always will. It made a big impression on me which has stayed throughout my life and this particular book was one of the few that really got me into reading books, a habit I've kept all my life since and which I believe has helped me become the literary person I am today and even helped me gain the 1st class marks for my essays at uni.

This book is about a young girl raised in the stone age by one of our closest relatives - the Neanderthals (called Clan in the book). Jean has always incorporated as much factual research and current theories of our evolution into her books and despite changes in some of these theories over the years (such as the previous popular belief that neanderthals didn't have the physical apparatus necessary for advanced verbal language), these books are no less educational now. She goes into great detail in describing the flaura and fauna of the glacial European environment and the effects the glaciers had on the lives of the peoples, animals and plants living there at that time that the characters, their environment and their lives are portrayed in amazingly vivid detail. Before reading these books, I never fully comprehended the amazing amount of uses that plants and animals, and their parts, could be put to! I know some people I've lent the books to have struggled to get gripped by the story due to the vast amount of descriptive narrative on the environemnt and the plants and animals in it, but I've alwasy found that fascinating. Now of course, I've read the books so many times that I tend to skip those parts and go straight to the next bit of the story.

These books are well worth reading and I'd recommend them to anyone with an adult reading level and maturity - don't let children or younger teenagers read these books though - there's a graphic rape scene in book 1 (The Clan of the Cave Bear), and very graphic sexual scenes throughout books 2 (The Valley of Horse), 3 (The Mammoth Hunters) & 4 (The Plains of Passage). less so in book 5 (the Shelters of Stone) but still there.

In summary, I'd definately recommend these books to all adult readers and urge you to read them. They're gripping, interesting, educational and ones you'll definately re-read many times if you give them a chance! Well done jean - your books helped to make me the person I am today and have given me so much pleasure throughout my life that I've even decided to name my daughter Ayla, after the main character of the books.The Valley of Horses (Earth's Children)The Mammoth Hunters: Earth's Children 3The Plains of Passage: Earth's Children 4The Shelters of Stone: Earth's Children 5Book 6 - Earth's Children

The Shelters of Stone (Earth's Children)
The Shelters of Stone (Earth's Children)
by Jean M. Auel

4.0 out of 5 stars Please, please read this book...., 15 Feb. 2008
I have been a fan of this series since shortly after The Clan of the Cave Bear was published and have loved each one, eagerly and frustratedly awaiting the next installment. I have read each one countless times and agree with most fans that the 1st 2 books are the best of the series so far. Although a little dissapointed after reading this latest installment, due to the large amounts of repetition, I believe this book is still far superior to any other book I have ever read by any other author. I wouldn't recommend reading it if you haven't read and enjoyed the previous books in the series - the recaps are simply not enough. I don't think any of these later books can be fully appreciated as stand-alone pieces and agree with others that the author should accept this and limit the amount of repetition in the next book. The very descriptive sex scenes are also getting a little tedious now (I tend to skip them all ever since reading the Mammoth Hunters the 1st time and all of them on future readings). In summary, although not any way near as good as the previous books in the series, this is still a great book and well worth reading if you're a fan. If you're not yet a fan, don't start on this one, start at the beginning with Clan of the Cave Bear, then: The Valley of Horses, The Mammoth Hunters and The Plains of Passage. Please keep writing Jean and don't keep us waiting a decade for the next installment - please!!!

No Way Home: The terrifying story of life in a children's home and a little girl's struggle to survive
by Sue Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars A moving and inspirational book.., 14 Jan. 2008
From the moment I started this book I couldn't put it down! I cried in many places but was also inspired by Sue's courage and fortitude. She is an inspiration to us all! This is without a doubt one of the best books of it's kind I have ever read and I have read a great many of them!
I would also like to point out that this review is not at all influenced or biased by the fact that I have known Sue and her family personally for many years. She is a wonderful person, full of warmth and generosity and a terrific friend, mother and grandmother. I am proud, not only to know her but also for her amazing courage in sharing her story with the world. Well done Sue!