Profile for Cybertog > Reviews

Content by Cybertog

Cybertog (Grimsby,U.K)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Clipper Organic Dandelion and Burdock Infusion 20 Teabags (Pack of 6, Total 120 Teabags)
Offered by Ainley Organics (UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Everyone's Cup of Tea, but Definitely Mine, 2 Jan. 2015
I'm not a huge fan of 'fruit' teas,as most either taste like warm Ribena or tea made from haystacks. These are different ,though,and have a licorice flavour. This is the 2nd multi pack I've bought, which is recommendation itself.

Staedtler Triplus Fineliner Pens - Assorted (Pack of 30)
Staedtler Triplus Fineliner Pens - Assorted (Pack of 30)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wide Range of Colour Choice, 2 Jan. 2015
Love these-I already have a smaller pack, but this one has plenty of colours to choose from.

Womens Socks, Soft cuff, 3 Pairs of Wine colour socks, 4-8 UK, 37-42 EU, Light Hold honeycomb top, ideal elastic free Diabetic Socks
Offered by Maybury

3.0 out of 5 stars One Leg Good,Two Legs Bad., 2 Jan. 2015
Although I am not diabetic,I have poor leg circulation and occasional phlebitis in my right leg. I am unable to wear 'normal' socks, due to the cuff. Trainer socks are OK in the summer, but my ankles get cold in the winter. Although these socks are comfortable on my left leg, they honeycomb top still makes the vein ache in my right leg, and leaves a mark.( I have very slim calves (or is it calfs?) Quality-wise, they are fairly thin, and not sure how well they would wear.

Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser
Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and Miss, 9 Dec. 2014
I had dental implants fitted in 1998,and the dentist recommended a Waterpik. It had to be used in the kitchen, where there was a power socket, it had no ‘pause’ button or pressure dial, and the force actually dislodged the implant twice. I didn’t get on with it and I stopped using it after a few months.
Sixteen years later, I still have the implants. I saw this model, with pause button and adjustable dial, which was the main reason why I bought it. I have used it for a week, and find this model much easier to use, due to those two features.
However, having tried some of the other attachments, It is very difficult to be as precise as the information claims, when using them; you have to lean forward over the basin, with your mouth slightly open, to use the Waterpik. Therefore you can’t look in a mirror to see what you’re doing. Most of the cleaning has to be done by ‘feel’ and guesswork.
I’ve tried the ‘pocket pik’, but I can’t locate the gumline accurately enough, let alone hold it at the recommended angle for optimum use, so won’t bother with that one again. I haven’t used the other attachments. I don’t see the point of the tongue scraper-I wonder if having water squirting towards my epiglottis could trigger a gag/choking reflex.(I’ve always used a small teaspoon, which works fine.) I don’t use the toothbrush, as I have an electric one. The other small brush might be useful for cleaning braces, if you wear them, which I don’t.
So, to sum up, to a certain extent, I knew what I was getting, and happy to find a model with pause button and adjustable dial, but disappointed that I find it so difficult to use the attachments exactly as described. It does clean under my implants-the main reason for buying this Waterpik, but there is still plaque around my teeth, so I will still floss manually. (Old habits die hard.)

The Complete Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue (Boxed Set)
The Complete Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue (Boxed Set)
by Neale Donald Walsch

2.0 out of 5 stars Let Down by Poor Quality Manufacturing, 29 Nov. 2013
I bought this item November 2013, and, like another reviewer, found the page edges to be jaggedly cut and very rough. A shame the manufacturer does not seem to have any 'quality control' system. I am about to return the book, and have ordered the individual paperbacks instead.
N.B. The 'boxed set' is just one book, containing all 3 volumes, not 3 separate books. The 'box' is made of thin card,(think cereal packet).

Festival of Carols
Festival of Carols
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Contains 'Sweet Chiming Christmas Bells'. Bliss!, 24 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Festival of Carols (Audio CD)
I had this album on vinyl almost 40 years ago-now long since lost . As well as the 'regular' carols. there was one I particularly liked-'While Shepherds Watched/Sweet Chiming Bells' by the Salvation Army Sunbury Jnr.Singers. Today, I found the CD version for 50p in a charity shop.(Sorry Amazon),and am mow listening to Christmas Carols on the August Bank Holiday weekend. So happy to have found this excellent album, with the track I never thought I'd ever hear again.

1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle Grandma's Attic - Full Of Toys & Memories
1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle Grandma's Attic - Full Of Toys & Memories
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

2.0 out of 5 stars Unique and varied pieces-don't stay together., 10 Aug. 2013
I'm half-way through this puzzle, and really not enjoying it. A nice picture, but most of the shapes don't interlock, merely abut the adjacent piece. This means that if you have to reposition a section, when, for example you realise it's in the wrong position, or needs to be joined to another section, you can't move the whole section-it just comes apart, so you have to remake the whole section. Nor can you take out the straight side edges and do the outside first, as many of the inside pieces have straight edges. Quality-wise, not bad, but, compared to Gibsons and Ravensburger, for example, not as sturdy, and some pieces are quite small, so it's harder to pick up the pieces if your manual dexterity isn't what it was.
I will complete the puzzle eventually, but, in future, will avoid puzzles that say `Unique and Varied pieces' on the box.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2014 3:21 PM GMT

Pledge Scratch & Colour Restorer - Restore & Revitalise Light/Medium Wood - 100ml
Offered by Cooking Marvellous

5.0 out of 5 stars What A Difference!, 29 Mar. 2013
We have some Nathan teak furniture which dates back to the 1970s. It had become very faded, scratched and dull over the years,and I thought I would have to sand it all down and re-polish it, or have it restored professionally. Having read the other review of this product, I felt I had nothing to lose by trying some myself .I bought 2 x 100ml bottles in Morrison's at £4.99 each, and have just applied it all over the front and top of a TV cupboard and 4 dining chairs.(See my customer photo,one 'before' one 'after'chair.)So far, I've only used about 30 mls of the 1st bottle, but have more pieces which I'm now going to treat.I am so pleased I used this-our furniture should now 'see us out'.
Some advice:You will need to protect your floor and clothes when using this product. Best to put an amount in a smaller container,and dip the cloth in-less danger of tipping the open bottle over that way.It does takes longer to dry that I imagined.Other than that,it's very easy to apply, with dramatic results.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD]
Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Johnny Vegas

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked., 24 Jan. 2013
I well remember that fateful day when I took my first step down that slippery slope to dependency. They said it wasn't addictive, so I tried one episode. Didn't like it much at first, but after a couple more,I soon began to enjoy the effects, and kept going back for more. Even when I developed sore, red eyes from watching too much, I didn't stop.I've just finished Series 2 and am dreading the day my supply dries up.Let this be a warning to others...

We Look To The Stars
We Look To The Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars I Like This One,Too, 12 Dec. 2012
This review is from: We Look To The Stars (Audio CD)
This CD is a breath of fresh air, after listening to much the homogenous over-produced, over-hyped music that's on the radio these days. But then, maybe I'm old-fashioned.
Just well-played, mostly self-penned, well-crafted songs, intelligent, witty lyrics and perfect piano.
Nothing wrong with the likes of Michael Bubble (although he can be a little cloying at times)-but Joe Stilgoe's sound has a more personal touch, and he certainly sounds as if he's enjoying performing his songs.
I enjoyed his first album, bought after seeing him play live; this second album is less jazz-tinged, so should appeal to a wider audience. I cannot fathom why Joe Stilgoe still appears to be relatively unheard of. He should be given far more radio play. People don't know what they're missing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3