Profile for baasshapshap > Reviews

Content by baasshapshap

baasshapshap "baasshapshap" (Kelso, Roxburghshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fire HDX 8.9, 8.9" HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers
Fire HDX 8.9, 8.9" HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best tablets on the market, 30 Nov 2014
A brilliant tablet, light, wonderful display and has all my Amazon content. Mayday is the industry's best support service, just hoping that it will be extended to any Amazon question or quiery. It is lighter than my Air and has now become my main reader.

Looking For Madeleine
Looking For Madeleine

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - get the real story, 2 Oct 2014
Brilliant book, the whole family has read it, gives the real story. I don't write many reviews, but on this subject that really touches a chord deep down, I felt I should. I was shocked at all the 1 star ratings. amazing to me how all these people, with no facts or evidence, feel they know better than a well researched book.
Comment Comments (49) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2014 8:34 AM GMT

Skinomi® TechSkin - Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Skinomi, LLC

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, 28 Jun 2014
Couldn't find a Zagg so went with this. After 4 months it needs replacing and to get it replaced will cot me £9 is shipping from the US - pathetic - you might have a long gaurentee, but, it costs near the same as buying a new replacement. Will be looking for Zagg again.

Enough
Enough

5.0 out of 5 stars Very thought provoking, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Enough (Kindle Edition)
I am starting on the minimalist/simplicity road, changing little things everyday in my life to shed the excess and live within my spiritual, social, planetary, monetary and personal means. this book does not appear on lists of books on the subject, but should. it is very well written, entertaining, full of information and most importantly full of questions that each of us need to address if we are to change our world for the better.

The 100 Thing Challenge
The 100 Thing Challenge

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and thought provoking, 4 Jan 2014
Refreshing and thought provoking book that highlights the challenges that our consumer society surrounds us with and offers a way to change and free yourself from the daily grind.

The Diary of a Killer Cat (Puffin Modern Classics)
The Diary of a Killer Cat (Puffin Modern Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great, 16 May 2013
Good fun. At school I read this book first and loved it. Great book I'm glad we bought it. Looking forward to the next

Filofax Malden Zipped Folio Ochre (ipad case)
Filofax Malden Zipped Folio Ochre (ipad case)
Offered by Nigel O'Hara

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Portfolio, 24 Jan 2013
This is a great item. I looked long and hard for a new iPad case but I was disappointed by the mass produced rubbish out there. I also like to keep my iPad 'neked', not bulked out by a case. I have recently moved from my old Malden Filofax (paper) to the Apple calendar and Omnifocus. However, I still use paper for all my thinking actions, nothing beats paper for that. And there is something about a great fountain pen scratching on good paper.

So, I got down to this item and the other Malden Portfolio that has a A5 filofax built in. I decided to go with this as it less bulky and the A5 Filofax is not ideal (the back cover is plastic rather than that rich leather). I was concerned that it would be too small. It has just arrived and the leather is brilliant, colour and texture. It is a lot bigger than you would think, but slim. There is a zipped pocket in the centre with a nice soft lining that holds the iPad securely, not too tight so it goes in easily with the smart cover on. In addition there are a number of other pockets. This was a concern in moving from my Filofax where I have a whole raft of things (drivers licence, emergency cash, library cards, etc.). The zipped pocket on the front inside holds this all. There are some pockets for phone, iPods, pen, etc. On the back inside there is a sleeve for loose papers, so things that I have ripped from magazines, news papers etc. can go in there ready for reading on a flight. Between these I have my A4 Red and Black spiral, holds it easily. On the outside back there is another zipper pocket that I will use for boarding passes, etc.

All in all, this is great. Now in my travel bag I have my laptop and this. When I get to a location I can quickly pull this portfolio out and have everything I need to relax or get some work done.

I highly recommend this product as well as the seller, Just Sports and Leisure - used them before and they are great.

GRave Defense HD
GRave Defense HD

5.0 out of 5 stars :) It's fun!, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: GRave Defense HD (App)
Zap them zombies and have fun doing it. Good fun, think a little and then sit back and watch them being zapped

The Minimalists: Essential Essays
The Minimalists: Essential Essays

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Sep 2011
Not a long book, a minimalist one :) Seriously though, this is a great set of essays from some fascinating guys who have changed their lives completely and therefore speak from deep understanding. Well worth the small price tag.

Tuff-Luv Apocalypse Series Tree of Life Leather Case Cover and Stand for 6-inch Amazon Kindle 3/Global Wireless

1.0 out of 5 stars Nasty, 14 Jun 2011
Says in the description that this is leather. It is NOT. Very disappointed. The seller was a trial to deal with, rude. Had to pay to return an item that is not as described. That reminds me ... I better check that they paid me back! Avoid if you are looking for something that is leather and durable.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2011 8:51 PM BST