Profile for Richard Wong > Reviews

Content by Richard Wong

Richard Wong (New Zealand)

Inspector Montalbano: Collection Five [DVD]
Inspector Montalbano: Collection Five [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luca Zingaretti
Price: 13.30

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great show., 2 Nov 2013
I have watched all five collections (understanding via the subtitles as I do not understand Italian at all) of the series and am waiting for the latest one to be translated. What I enjoy most is the humanity of Inspector Montalbano shown in how he solves his cases and how he treats his staff. I tell you he is no Hercule Poirot in terms of his detective skills but he always work on his hunches to solve every case. A truly superb series and I am looking forward to more f it.

OBM BUONGIORNO PAPA
OBM BUONGIORNO PAPA
Dvd ~ Raoul Bova
Offered by VECOSELL
Price: 7.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Not new but what the heck, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: OBM BUONGIORNO PAPA (DVD)
Story line is not anything new but it is still fun watching the show. The ending gives you a real feel good factor. A show to just sit back and watch to enjoy looking at beautiful actors doing their comic best to entertain you.

Pride And Prejudice [VHS][1980]
Pride And Prejudice [VHS][1980]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic in every sense, 24 Mar 2004
This version by Fay Weldon is simply the best Pride & Prejudice I have ever watched. I saw the three available versions and this one tops it all because of the casting. All the actors and actresses were superb in their roles from the silly Mrs Bennett and Mr Collins to the proud Mr. Darcy and the weak willed Mr. Bingley. David Rintoul is the perfect Mr. Darcy as he could switch from being haughty in the first half to being tender at the end. Elizabeth Garvie's facial expressions are always a joy to watch. I watched it for the first time almost 20 years ago and since then I have watched it once in three months. My children, who are 14 and 8, are beginning to enjoy the irony and hypocrisy in P & P after watching this version. To those who think that Jane Austen's works are boring, I beg to differ and this version of P & P proves my point. I sincerely hope that BBC would put this on DVD as I have almost worn out both copies of this title on video tape. To all who made this version of P & P what it is, a BIG thank you.