Profile for Lisa Anne > Reviews

Content by Lisa Anne

Lisa Anne "spursgal1882" (Essex, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Skoosh Household Flea Spray 500ml
Skoosh Household Flea Spray 500ml
Offered by VetnPet

2.0 out of 5 stars I've tried 3 cans of Skoosh and yet the fleas ..., 17 Nov. 2014
I've tried 3 cans of Skoosh and yet the fleas continue to live and jump back onto the cats. I'm sure they're immune to all types of spray, drops and collars. I'm pulling my hair out.

Agnus Castus 100mg
Agnus Castus 100mg

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star relief!, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Agnus Castus 100mg (Personal Care)
I had been suffering with hormonal acne around my mouth and chin for some time, and at age 45 it's not the look you want!
I found reference to this supplement in Dr. Gillian's McKeith's book 'You are what you eat' and decided it was worth a try. Since I've been taking Agnus Castus I have only had a couple of spots, and now I swear by it. I don't know how it works but it does!

The Nearly-Weds
The Nearly-Weds
by Jane Costello

5.0 out of 5 stars A great summer read!, 29 July 2013
This review is from: The Nearly-Weds (Paperback)
I'll get straight to the point -- if you love chicklit, you will love this book. I couldn't put it down & didn't want it to end. This was the first Jane Costello book I've read and I'm going to get some more!

My Prison Without Bars: The Journey of a Damaged Woman to Someplace Normal
My Prison Without Bars: The Journey of a Damaged Woman to Someplace Normal
by Taylor Evan Fulks

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Tragic' doesn't even come close, 9 July 2013
Reading the words on the pages, I can only feel complete & utter hatred for that man. Beyond evil. If you do not want to hear gruesome details of child abuse, this is not the book for you. It took all my resolve through gritted teeth to read the awful events that Taylor endured year after year.

Taylor, you are an amazingly strong woman to come through all that you've been through your whole life. I can't admire you enough. I don't know how you had the strength and courage to write this book - it must have dredged up all the emotions that you want to bury once and for all.

I would like to wish you all the best for the future; I hope that your 'someplace normal' stays that way and you can finally find a true happiness in your life.

PosturePlast Triple Action Lower Back Pain Relief Plaster
PosturePlast Triple Action Lower Back Pain Relief Plaster

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 17 May 2013
I was amazed how uncomfortable this was to wear. It really inhibits everyday movement like bending and getting into a car. It feels like it's going to rip off.
As for the purpose of wearing it, I found no relief at all to my back pain. I couldn't wait to get it off.

The Man in a Haystack
The Man in a Haystack
by Alice Huskisson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 20 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Man in a Haystack (Paperback)
Being in a chit-lit mood, I browsed Amazon and found this fascinating-sounding book by a new author and fellow Essex girl...so I thought I'd give it a go. I wasn't disappointed! I found myself immersed and engrossed right from the first couple of pages. So many scenarios and feelings the author covered were familiar in my life, so it was nice to know I was not the only one going through the complexity and pain of finding the right man. I really liked the way it was written (in blog form) - very contemporary and different to all other chit-lit that I've read in the past. It was a real page turner, and I whizzed through the book in under 2 days. Highly recommended!

Perfect Strangers
Perfect Strangers
by Robyn Sisman

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect summer reading, 28 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Perfect Strangers (Paperback)
This book was left in my house by a previous lodger and when I found myself with nothing left to read, I picked this one up. I'm not a chicklit kinda girl, but now I've read Perfect Strangers, I think perhaps I am! So easy to read and addictive. One of those books you don't want to end. I've now ordered a whole load of chicklit for the rest of the summer!

The Undomestic Goddess
The Undomestic Goddess
by Sophie Kinsella

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!, 28 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Undomestic Goddess (Paperback)
This is the first Sophie Kinsella book I've read...it's not usually the type of genre I read, however, I am now totally hooked and eager to read another! Couldn't put it down and didn't want it to end. Loved it!!!

Zodiac [DVD] [2007]
Zodiac [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Jake Gyllenhaal
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Undecided..., 3 May 2008
This review is from: Zodiac [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
One of my interests is true crime, in particular serial killers and getting into their minds. I can't put my finger on what was missing from this film though - perhaps it was the fact that it concentrated mostly on the people trying to solve the crimes instead of the killer himself...? Don't get me wrong, I thought it was good, but maybe it was just too long (151 mins) to keep you hooked the whole way through. 7.5 out of 10. I will go in search of a book now.

Il Postino [DVD] [1995]
Il Postino [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Massimo Troisi
Offered by babsbargains *** WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ***

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerising, 3 May 2008
This review is from: Il Postino [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
This is why I have turned to watching so many foreign films lately. Not only is there a load of rubbish coming out of America at the moment but I just love the simplicity of Italian and French films in particular. You wouldn't have thought that the friendship between a poet and a postman would get you emotional (and I won't spoil it by revealing the end) but I was left in tears. A very beautiful, mesmerising film. 10/10.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3