Profile for R4LPH13 > Reviews

B+W 77mm 010M MRC Nano Coated UV Haze Filter - XSDP Mount
B+W 77mm 010M MRC Nano Coated UV Haze Filter - XSDP Mount
Offered by fotole-germany

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made but at a price., 1 Aug 2014
This is a top quality filter, so it should be for the money, it's possible to purchase two Hoya filters for about the same cost, however the name B+W preceeds it and is synonymous with quality, as I was intending to fit this filter onto a high end Nikon Nikkor lens it made sense to match the filter quality to that of it's intended partner. I have had a short amount of time to assess the filter (and lens!) but so far it seems to be of expected quality and performance, there is no vivible degradation in light capture and no sigh of any loss of performance elsewhere. Overall I feel that it's a nice item of equipment but at the low end of the scale when it comes to value for money, I can't really say that it performs any better than my (much cheaper) Hoya filter which is attached to my 50mm f1.4 prime but for the reasons explaned above I coughed up the extra cash.

GGS III LCD Screen Protector glass for NIKON D800 D-SLR
GGS III LCD Screen Protector glass for NIKON D800 D-SLR
Offered by 2012street

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen cover., 24 July 2014
This is a very nice screen cover,it fits snugly and blends in with the rest of the camera so is inobtrusive when installed, it is far superior to the offering from Nikon, they really should trry better, especially on their high-end cameras. The cover appears to be well made and is easy to install/uninstall, this saves the screen getting scratched and dirty, no excuse not to buy one in my opinion, well worth the money.

Domke F-6 Little Bit Bigger RuggedWear Bag
Domke F-6 Little Bit Bigger RuggedWear Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made but on the small side., 23 July 2014
Nice little bag, NOT a little big bigger however, it should be "a little bit smaller" aka the F6 I believe, it's a nice bag but too small for my camera and lenses, I (kindly) gave it to the wife and ordered a larger version (from the USA, much cheaper!) The bag is well made, has a front pocket that is OK for manuals etc, not really suitable for camera bits though in my opinion. there is a zip pocket under the top flap, again not very practical for anything heavier than a note pad or memory card. The main compartment has a star shaped divider which is useless if you plan to put an SLR camera in the bag, I removed the divider, it will hold a full frame SLR but little more, two short(ish) lenses if you have no lens fitted. I like the look of these bags but when all is said and done, it's a canvas bag with waterproofing, similar to Barbour jacket I guess, it is four times as dear as many competitors, however I can't profess to have tried them so I have nothing to compare this to, probably paying for the name but that's fine, I don't mind paying more for the pleasure of nice things.

Nikon AF NIKKOR 35mm f/2D Lens
Nikon AF NIKKOR 35mm f/2D Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little lens., 13 July 2014
This is a super little lens for the money, wide enough angle to be useful. The usual build quality of the Nikkor lens is very good, its robust enough to use regularly with no visible detriment, I have had this a fair while now, it still looks like new and works a treat with very fast focus times. This lens lets in a lot of light and is very good in shaded areas such as woodland which is where I do a lot of my photograpy. A good purchase in my opinion. RB.

PowerGen Power-U Dual USB 2.4A 12W (fast) Heavy Duty Ouput Car Charger for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 5 iPhone 4 4s 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch and Android Devices (cable NOT included) - White

2.0 out of 5 stars however it doesn't look cool and I will replace it when I remember and ..., 13 July 2014
Cheap and nasty are words that come to mind when I closely inspected this charger, it works OK but started to fall apart fairly quickly,the silver coloured shroud that surrounds the dual USB ports fell off and the two moulded sides then became seperated, requiring electrical take to secure them in place. I haven't throw this charger in the bin as it still works, however it doesn't look cool and I will replace it when I remember and it won't be another one the same. RB.

Sena SMH5 Single Head Unit Blue Tooth
Sena SMH5 Single Head Unit Blue Tooth
Offered by Mad4Bikes

3.0 out of 5 stars Head set headache., 13 July 2014
Hmm well where do I start? When I took delivery of my over-priced motorcycle sat-nav I thought I would need a headset to go with it, fitting the headset wasn't too difficult, the mounting bracket attaches to the side of your crash helmet with a couple of grub screws, fine. Setting up the thing to work with the sat-nav unit was fairly straight forward, I also paired it to my iphone(5) this turned out to be a pointless excersise as it was a pain in the nether region to try to make or take a call when riding (if you would even want to?). Once the headset was mounted onto my helmet it promptly set about working itself loose, eventually coming off completely and hanging by the wires. I would advise great care in mounting it, you can't over tighted the grub screws as this may risk damaging the only thing between the rider and possible serious injury in the event of an accident. There may be other ways of securing this equipment without causing damaged but personally I just chose to remove it. Job done, anyone want to buy a hardly used headset? RB.

Morphy Richards Turbosteam 40699 Steam Iron Diamond Soleplate, Plum
Morphy Richards Turbosteam 40699 Steam Iron Diamond Soleplate, Plum

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice creases darling!, 13 July 2014
The wife is most pleased with her new iron, well by that I mean she's pleased with how it works, I can't pretend that she got over-excited about an iron! It makes a nice job of my work shirts so I guess that's as much as you can ask of an iron. Looks nice in purple and white, good value for money, buy one.

Maxi-Cosi Pebble Group 0+ Car Seat (Total Black)
Maxi-Cosi Pebble Group 0+ Car Seat (Total Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this chair, 13 July 2014
I like this chair, it's simple to fit into the car and is nice and steady once done, there is ample padding to keep your pension fund payer safe and sound, the harness buckle works well and adjusts up snugly. The only thing I don't really like is the pattern (bubbles?) on the side of the head padding, what's that all about? At best it's a bit messy and it isn't hard to imagine that it looks like a stain at a glance, sorry but I believe that sometimes less is more...

Eliza Tinsley Mesh Back Managers Armchair with Adjustable Lumbar Support 6200ATGFBK

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional office chair., 29 Jun 2014
I have had this chair for a while now, I had no trouble assembling it, the instructions were easy to follow and clear, using the chair I found that the arms would not go down far enough to have the seat at the correct height for my desk, so I can either sit a little further back from the desk or have the chair too low, so a little more adjustment in that area would have helped me. The actual manufacture of the chair is okay for my working office but I doubt I would want it in my living room, it's reasonably comfortable but nothing to write home about, in conclusion it's a functional office chair, no more no less.

BabyBjorn Highchair (White)
BabyBjorn Highchair (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, easy to clean and good looking. (that's the chair, not me...), 29 Jun 2014
We took delivery of this chair last week, I put it together in only a few minutes (without the manual of course, I'm a guy and we never read manuals!). It's fairly easy to fold up however this does take a little practice, especially the part with the tray, the high chair is fairly light to carry but not too light as to be unstable and the whole thing is easy to clean with no nasty nooks or crannies which could hold spilled food etc, all in all we both really like it, it's not cheap but we felt that the plus points outweighed the ninus points.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4