Profile for Annette K > Reviews

Something Borrowed [DVD]
Something Borrowed [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kate Hudson

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: Something Borrowed [DVD] (DVD)
I thought this would be better than it was. It was OK, an easy watch, although I would have preferred him to leave his girlfriend initially rather than cheat on her. Perhaps I should have guessed this would happen but the ongoing affair took me by surprise. It does suggest choices we make can certainly alter our lives.

Surviving Summer [DVD]
Surviving Summer [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hilary Duff

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: Surviving Summer [DVD] (DVD)
An OK film, with a relevant message that we all need to work together to get along/co-exist. It left me a bit flat but perhaps a highly relevant film to teenagers who really need to grow up!

A Christmas Princess [DVD]
A Christmas Princess [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roger Moore
Offered by babsbargains *** WORLDWIDE SHIPPING *Posting Everyday up to last posting day for Xmas**

4.0 out of 5 stars very sweet, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: A Christmas Princess [DVD] (DVD)
A lovely, sweet romance. I thoroughly enjoyed it but then I am a sucker for the Cinderella concept. While I believe women can do anything I guess society conditioned me to think it would be nice to be swept off one's feet and into a new, exciting life. (Although I would like to see more of the male female role reversal for this concept!). If you like chick-flicks and a 'girl gets her prince' type of movie then this is worth a watch. Aside from this though, it does show kindness can break though tough exteriors (although perhaps this turn around was a little too quick to be completely convincing).

The Christmas Miracle [DVD]
The Christmas Miracle [DVD]
Dvd ~ K.C. Clyde
Offered by SOLVITA

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable with a good message, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Christmas Miracle [DVD] (DVD)
Great for the low price I purchased it for. A valuable lesson can be learnt watching this film - the importance of having a generous heart as this not only helps others but brings joy to the giver. Sure an appropriate Christmas message but relevant for every day of the year. Kindness never goes out of style.

Major Movie Star [DVD]
Major Movie Star [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jessica Simpson

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising - a fun watch, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: Major Movie Star [DVD] (DVD)
I purchased this as it was cheap and I thought it might make for a good, light-hearted viewing. I was surprised as I thought it was quite enjoyable. OK, so it wouldn't win any awards, but I found it a relaxing way to spend an afternoon and it did make me smile. It challenged me to think about how I approach things in life. While Ms Valentine is a successful movie star it seems she approaches things as if she will fail. A lesson we can all learn from. Nothing like a bit of determination to overcome.