Profile for JIM > Reviews

We're Going on a Bar Hunt: A Parody
by Emlyn Rees
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Present, 1 Mar 2014
We sent this to family members with small children as we have all read the original to little ones over the years. It proved a very popular present and gave us all a good laugh.

Fireball Hill
Fireball Hill
Price: 3.08

4.0 out of 5 stars LOL, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Fireball Hill (Kindle Edition)
An enjoyable and easy read from a new author. I would have given this three stars as some aspects need polishing but the number of times I laughed make it a solid four star.
I am sure Mr Chalkhurst had his tongue firmly in cheek and the Daily Mail under his arm as he penned this.
I will definitely look out for his future work.

Alarm Clock
Alarm Clock
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent clock, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Alarm Clock (App)
Does exactly what I wanted. Choice of on/off display. Time display. Snooze. Good sounds and weather/temp as well. Easy to use, can't fault it for a free app.

The Lost City
The Lost City
Price: 0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Lost City (App)
This is a hidden object/point n click puzzle game that is easy to use and I found it the most entertaining on a long trip.
It is not very long but took me five or six hours to complete.....will play it with my grandchildren too.
I have tried more expensive/complicated games that were much harder to navigate and the entertainment value was diminished by complicated plot lines.
Well worth the money.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Price Good product, 1 Jan 2013
A good product at a good price.Makes an inexpensive but attractive useful gift. Service was great too.Excellent all round Thanks

Christmas Red Noel PVC Wipe Clean Tablecloth by Karina Home 200 x 140cm
Christmas Red Noel PVC Wipe Clean Tablecloth by Karina Home 200 x 140cm
Offered by Karina Home
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Perfect, 1 Jan 2013
Excellent. Moulded itself to the table. Good thickness and strengh.
We intend to buy more....an Oilcloth Tablecloth isnt just for Christmas!

War Horse
War Horse
Price: 3.36

2.0 out of 5 stars Black Beauty Goes to War, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: War Horse (Kindle Edition)
I bought Warhorse as we had not managed to see the lauded play and intended to go to the film. It is, of course, a children's book and written in a very simple style as such, unlike say Lord of the Rings. I found it rather obvious and simplistic and am not sure that the intended readers would not do so also.
The film was a curate's egg and I could escape the feeling with book and film that I knew too many bits of this story somehow. I can only conclude that you cannot catch the magic of the play in any other format.

Topsy Turvy [DVD] [2000]
Topsy Turvy [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Jim Broadbent
Price: 5.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Topsy Turvy [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
An excellent reminder of why we enjoy G & S wrapped up in a watchable film. Broad bent and Spall just super.....Some of the actual performances are AmDramish which just lends to the charm!

GTECH Cordless Sweeper 7.2v NiMH SW02
GTECH Cordless Sweeper 7.2v NiMH SW02
Price: 49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Gtech, 4 Oct 2011
This is the second Gtech we have owned and used......No difference from our first
sweeper (even though they have updated the battery) but still Just Excellent. All our family now use these and think they are brilliant.

Thomas & Friends My First Ready Bed A Sleepover Solution Including Inflatable Mattress and Sleeping Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready Bed, 4 Oct 2011
Not a toy but still was obviously an enjoyable experience for a two year old.
We thought the bed was excellent and obviously so did the first user.
Very easy, very practical, did the job perfectly.