Profile for P. J. Ransom > Reviews

Hard Rush [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dolph Lundgren
Offered by The Happy Zombie

2.0 out of 5 stars Average Action film, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Hard Rush [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this film mainly because I am an action/thriller fan and secondly because it features Dolph Lundgren and Vinnie Jones. The film starts off well with a drug deal gone wrong and some bloody violence. However it then just doesn't do really anything until the final scenes (which are good). There's a few fights and a couple of gun shots but that's about it. The film advertises Jones and Lundgren but both barely do anything despite both acting well. The two main characters are both unknowns but they act ok. The film is ok to watch if you don't pay a lot and have nothing to do.

Far Cry [DVD] [2008]
Far Cry [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Til Schweiger

3.0 out of 5 stars Good action/thriller dvd!, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Far Cry [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I bought this after watching the trailer and knowing the videogame. I paid £1.27 which was worth it. However I wouldn't pay much more, the action, violence and gore is good, and the characters. However the acting/dialogue lets it down a bit and some of the action gets a bit dull. It's worth watching for action and entertainment but don't pay more than £3-4.

The Marshall Mathers LP
The Marshall Mathers LP
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE ALBUM, 1 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Marshall Mathers LP (Audio CD)
I saw this album featured in the Kerrang! 666 albums you must listen to (I am a rock and metal fan) and wondered what it was doing there, considering it is a rap album. I bought the album and was blown away with the emotion, lyrics and the humour. There is a lot of controversial humour and swearing so be warned. The stand out tracks are: Stan, Kim, Kill You, The Way I Am, Marshall Mathers and Amitylville. Even if you are a rock and metal fan buy this album now!

The Path Of Totality
The Path Of Totality

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Up! and buy this album, 14 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Path Of Totality (Audio CD)
So Korn have taken a leap into the realm of dubstep.. With amazing results! Every song is a belter. The most memorable and notable songs are the Skrillex produced collaborations Chaos Lives In Everything, Narcissistic Cannibal and the albums best song Get Up!. The other best songs are My Wall, Burn The Obedient, Illuminati, Kill Mercy Within, Way Too Far and Lets Go. The dubstep is sharp, heavy everything like Korn's old sound. There parts of the record that still sound dark and heavy, you can still hear Fieldys clicking bass and Munkys guitar sound. Old School Korn fans better keep away,and if you aren't in the mood for dubstep and metal then keep away. But fans with wider styles of music should embrace this brilliant album.

Time For Annihilation... On The Record And On The Road
Time For Annihilation... On The Record And On The Road

3.0 out of 5 stars A Variety of Papa Roach, 18 Dec 2011
I bought this mainly for the live album with all their classics on. The new songs though are all right and sometimes very good. The best ones are Kick In The Teeth which has very electro bounce to it as well as guitars, No Matter What which is a full on radio rock ballad and One Track Mind which is full on hard rock. The live album is good as well all the songs are performed well with great crowd interaction by Jacoby. The only downside is that the crowd sounds like it's just full of squealing teenage girls!But overall it's good.

Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water [Special UK Edition with Bonus CD]
Offered by FREETIME

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing!!!!, 18 Dec 2011
I love Limp Bizkit and this was the first album I heard because it is there biggest. All the songs are catchy and there is a great variety, there are heavy songs: Full Nelson ,My Generation. Rap Songs: Rollin (Urban Assault Vehicle),Getcha Groove On. Rock Songs: Take A Look Around, Boiler. And there are mixtures of all three: Hot Dog, It'll Be Ok, Hold On, Rollin (Air Raid Vehicle). I can't pick a best song because they are all brilliant! By this album if you love nu metal or metal or rap and have a sense of humour!!

Shotgun [Explicit]
Shotgun [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Song!, 17 Dec 2011
This review is from: Shotgun [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
I had been waiting for Gold Cobra for ages and when LB released this single I was so happy. It is is bit different to their 1999/2000's stuff with a brilliant guitar section from Wes it has a great rhythm and lyrics from Fred. The chorus is very catchy and it keeps it quite heavy. It is a brilliant track for any Limp Bizkit or nu metal fan!!

Asylum
Asylum

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ALBUM, 15 Dec 2011
This review is from: Asylum (Audio CD)
This is the first Disturbed album I bought, I'd heard that most of there stuff sounds the same, so I wasn't planning to get many so I just got this 2010 release. After the 1st listen I thought it was ok, but after another I realised how amazing it was. All the songs are brilliant heavy nu metal/metal with chunky riffs and great vocals. The best songs are Asylum, The Warrior, Another Way to Die, My Child, The Animal and The Infection. If you are a fan of simple heavy chugging metal with guitar solos then this album and Disturbed are for you!

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Maiden's Best!, 5 Nov 2011
Seventh son is an absolute classic from the songs to the artwork, a must for any metal fan. I can't pick a best track because they are all classics.

The Collection
The Collection

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best of.., 3 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
I bought it thinking it was the best of Anthrax but it isn't, there is no I Am The Law or Caught In A Mosh just some some decent tracks like Madhouse, Gung Ho, A.I.R and the very good Bring The Noise. But either get Among The Living or The Best of The Island Years.

Page: 1 | 2