Profile for Hector Nest > Reviews

Content by Hector Nest

Hector Nest "Hector" (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Learn To Tie A Tie With The Rabbit And The Fox: Story With Instructional Song
Learn To Tie A Tie With The Rabbit And The Fox: Story With Instructional Song
by Sybrina Durant

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great book - helped our nephew tie his tie for his new school!, 23 April 2014
I remember learning to knot my own tie as a child, and like riding a bike, once learned you never forget.

Well now its time for my nephew to go to school and apart from everything else he has to wear a tie.
The eBook version we got of this has been really helpful - and it didn't take long for him to get it.

There was nothing around like this when I was a lad - wish there had been!

He liked the illustrations I think because they have a comic style.

The Shadow Chaser (JM Mystery-Thriller Series Book 6)
The Shadow Chaser (JM Mystery-Thriller Series Book 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping thriller with an intriguing premise, 13 Jan. 2013
Loved The Shadow Chaser, it's an excellent book. There's enough medical knowledge and detail to make the subject interesting and believable, but not so much to slow the pace down.

I learned a lot about Aids, cancer research and scientific developments and found the genetic-primate information fascinating. I knew that humans and primates are close genetically - but this book really puts it into perspective!

Andre and his family are brought into the story in a gripping and personal way via their genetic history.

The Difficult Second Album
The Difficult Second Album

1.0 out of 5 stars Next year I get my own back!, 27 Dec. 2012
Given to me as a Christmas 'present'. Really , Really bad CD.
I have no idea why some folks think this idiot is funny.

Next your the person that gave me this is going to get something bad from me.

Will be going on eBay in the new year - doubt I will get much for it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks cool - works great!, 27 Dec. 2012
I did some research into these before buying a breathalyser and the Alcosafe has had excellent reviews for its reliability and accuracy.

It's a nicely designed and an easy to understand gadget and a good price on Amazon.

Real HD Webcam, Logicam HD webcam, High Definition webcam with Built-in microphone, Webcam with Good quality image, Webcam for great audio/video conferencing
Offered by TechnoBargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Great HD video and a mic too!, 22 Dec. 2012
Our old webcam didn't have a microphone built into it and as we intend doing quite a bit of Skype this Christmas we needed a cam that was simple to use, good quality picture and sound.

We brought this one for the HD video and on board mic.

Did a test last night by plugging it into my laptop and Skyping via our house wi-fi. The picture quality was excellent. I have now hooked the webcam above our flat screen TV (which is internet ready - but still haven't tried connecting it yet! One day) and the laptop plugs into the TV. So we can now see our Skype friends on the TV! Brilliant.

Frontline: A Soldier's Story: War In Afghanistan
Frontline: A Soldier's Story: War In Afghanistan

5.0 out of 5 stars Opened my eyes to life in the army, 18 Dec. 2012
`Zero to Hero' is an infantryman's story about the life of a soldier fighting out in Afghanistan.

It gives an authentic flavour of what it must be like to serve in the British Army during a modern day conflict.

Revengeful insurgents and the Taliban are a constant threat.
IED's can take a soldiers life at any moment and these roadside bombs have caused the majority of coalition casualties in the Afghan war.

I don't have ay military experience myself but I found the book gripping and a credible description of war.

Angels Fallen (The James Dieter Series, Book 1)
Angels Fallen (The James Dieter Series, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book., 10 Dec. 2012
I found Angels Fallen a very exciting read that had me engrossed from the start.

Jim and Dan are hunting for a stack of stolen Nazi gold hidden somewhere in Europe by Jim's father during WW2. As he died Jim's father told him about his part in the robbery decades ago.

The two friends embark on an adventure which has them pursued by a Vatican special action team keen to retrieve the stolen gold.

The story is a thriller but with a light comedic touch.

I have a few problems with some of the dialogue used - I really don't think a British government official would speak with various Americanisms.

The premise of the book is great and if the author is too be believed, facts stated at the beginning of the book, about a Nazi train of valuables, including gold, did go missing in 1945.

The Ramblings and Rants of a Middle-Aged Mum (The Ramblings and Rants of A Middle Aged Mum Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars There's nowt so strange as family!, 1 Nov. 2012
The humorous diary entries of a middle aged and slightly over weight mum.

Molly May's trials and tribulations over diets, children and the snoring hubby are funny and charming. It really reminds me of my own family.

I particularly enjoyed her revenge on the rude old man in Tesco's! Won't spoil it for you but it involves a trolley.

There are simple line illustrations throughout the book that are fun and I look forward to the next instalment.

The Best 75 Cruise Phase Protein and Vegetable Diet Recipes (Perfect addition to Dukan and Pure Protein Diets) (The Best Diet Recipes Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful Dukan style recipe book, 30 Oct. 2012
If like me you have tried the Dukan Diet you will know how well it works, but also how complicated it can sometimes be!

This book gives some great recipes for the cruise phase of the diet where various foods are allowed and others excluded.

Rosemary describes her recipes well and they are simple to follow, the book itself is clearly laid out. The excellent TOC comes into its own on a recipe book like this.

Tonight I cooked the `Lemon chicken on greens' which was really good. Yesterday we tried the Beef stir fry. Because my partner is a veggie we marinated soya strips for her half and she loved it. The book has a good selection of fish and vegetable recipes also, so her meals are covered.

The recipe for `Ginger carrot cakes' is a yummy treat!

The Job Search Formula, accelerate your job hunt!
The Job Search Formula, accelerate your job hunt!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on getting that job!, 30 Sept. 2012
This book teaches you the right approach to getting a job, clearly and concisely. It's a very well laid out book moving from - What type of job do you want? Understanding the 90% rule of employment, The employers needs, Creating the ideal CV, Preparing for interview and post interview negotiations.

`What do you want to do?' is sometimes the hardest question to answer. This book gives some pointers as to how to choose a perfect career. It helps you honestly understand the skills you have and relevant experience.

The book explains the 90% rule really well and helps you to get there by working on and testing ones CV. The authors provide genuinely good CV advice, matching your CV to the job description.

The book is clearly written and the authors pass on some excellent knowledge. They offer sensible ways of seeking relevant jobs that may be available now or in the future.

I would recommend this book to anyone seeking employment and at a loss as to how to write a killer CV and get ahead of the competition.

Page: 1 | 2